No announcement yet.

I've created an Infinite Voxel World, similar to Minecraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you post a project with editor (without packaged) please i want to lean how to make a game like this
    my email :
    loh0123@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post

It's not that much about the money, it's mostly about getting one soon, and if you preorder one now you have to wait many months. But I can't release the game before I got a Vive And it's also quite hard to work on a VR game without being able to play it in VR.

I have a couple of Vive's if you are looking for somebody to help out with some testing on it I am happy to help out.

Comment

Will the C++ version still be easy to work with in terms of blueprints?
        - Russell Meakim AKA The Castle
        BLOG: https://steemit.com/@thecastle

Comment

Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
          What I was alluding to was my second statement which you didn't quote in the response.:

Since you have the BP Voxel, apply for the Vive grant, win it, get it sooner than if you pre-ordered

Simple
          I didn't quote it because I already had applied for a Vive

And yes, I got a HTC Vive from Epic! Way faster than I expected, Epic is awesome! Thanks so much

Still a bit of work to do before the new version is ready to be shown, especially performance with VR is quite a lot of work, mostly just because I want it to look super awesome while still having smooth 90 fps. Not easy to achieve both, but it will work
          Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
          Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Nice! Watching this thread.

Comment

Removing message; sent you a message on YouTube instead as I derped and thought the forums ate my response when in reality it was 4 pages later.

Good luck with VR! Glad you got your Vive c:
              Last edited by Travistyse; 04-26-2016, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Awesome sauce!

Comment

Unbelievable~ Are you gonna make tutorials on this?

Comment

wow thats amazing i wonder how u got that working :O guessing this is a closed source project?

Comment

This is really nice, i am trying to learn procedural level generation in blueprints myself and am running into those same problems you described with the missing noise functions/access to texture values in blueprint. I assume you implemented your simplex noise function to save the values to an array a supposed to a texture? i don't see another way at the moment and would love to hear your insight.

Comment

At first look I honestly thought you just put shaders in Minecraft and was making this up. Nice work!

Comment

this is probably a dumb question, but i have downloaded from the link you posted and can not figure out how to run it. It looks great from the screenshots but i would love to experience it first hand. im new to this......

Comment

Today on my stream I will create very similar prototype. My generation part will be made in C++ because many people ask me about C++ so performance will be better. I hope to get the same visual effect because it's briliant John added a lot of small details like making cracks during destroing voxel, spawning little meshes, moving materials etc and ofc all post process effects are great! Well done John.

So I start in 3 hours. Here is my stream:
                            https://www.twitch.tv/tefel

Click image for larger version

Name:	st50.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	253.2 KB
ID:	1106443

Comment

Originally posted by Tefel View Post
                              Today on my stream I will create very similar prototype. My generation part will be made in C++ because many people ask me about C++ so performance will be better. I hope to get the same visual effect because it's briliant John added a lot of small details like making cracks during destroing voxel, spawning little meshes, moving materials etc and ofc all post process effects are great! Well done John.

Cool, I'll watch that!
                              Hobby game developer from Germany Follow me on Twitter!
                              Stuff I made:
                              Steam Workshop Tutorial/Wiki
                              Making a full working translation for your game and change it at runtime

Comment

Originally posted by Tefel View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]93336[/ATTACH]
                                Dang I missed this. Is there any recording of this?

Comment

Working...
                                X