Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you learn this?

Comment

Looks like you recreated minecraft in UE. Tell me, what's the performance compared to actual minecraft? because if it doesn't make a major difference, that'd be really great.

Comment

Cool! Could we possibly get access to the source via github potentially? Either way, love the work!

Comment

OMG, I need to play this now!

Comment

How I can download this ?

Comment

woah..that's awesome...almost too similar haha you should add some cool fps elements maybe

Comment

Wow very nice , i will give it a try .

Comment

This is amazing. If you don't have time to write a tutorial or technical writeup, please at least make it available in some form or another (marketplace?). I know there are a lot of us who are curious how to do level streaming like that, and aren't sure how to get started. Brilliant work, and please show us more!

Comment

I understand that all the blocks are through ISMCs, but could you talk a bit more about how you did level streaming and view culling through blueprints? I understand a lot of these concepts fundamentally, but as a relative UE4 noob, it's hard for me to understand the power of blueprints. Also you mentioned a blueprint->c++ conversion process. I'm not familiar with this, could you elaborate a bit more? Thanks for showing this off, and hopefully it can be a learning resource at some point!

Comment

Please, put this in as a learning resource.
                      Though I would prefer to have it free, I will buy this for a price of $10 or $20. Because it looks that good.
                      I'm leaving all of you here at the Unreal forums alone. For now. I'm sorry for any trouble I've caused, for the mods or any member of this community.
                      As some have said, I'm just going to run back to my little "hug-hole" for now. It's called Scratch, and I'll be there until I'm more experienced.
                      Goodbye, all.
                      -Hahasamian

Comment

WOAH!
                        cough* give me the source code *cough

Man, simcerely EPIC, this looks like MC but better.

Sorry for bad english :b

Comment

Downloaded and tried out, and while my system is far from a powerhouse I do well "

Phenom II x4 3.2ghz, 8gb ram HD 7750 2gb ( prob. weakest part of system oh well) .

I ran your example but not only was the menu rather laggy, but moving mouse around had severe lag to point of needing to exit. I was surprised given statements about it running well regardless of size of world, etc.

What should this take to run smoothly ?

Thx
                          nl
                          Last edited by neighborlee; 03-21-2016, 02:29 PM.
                          Solo but Seismic - feel free to apply
                          https://neighborlee1.wixsite.com/theheartseed

Comment

It runs wonderfully on the Oculus. Amazing work Fella!

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Originally posted by Amiot View Post
                              very nice and impressive work
                              just one question is the lighting dynamic? and are you using LPV ?
                              In the video, it was all dynamic lighting without any GI.

Originally posted by Velase85 View Post
                              As someone who loves these types of games and have been playing around with procedural generation in ue4 I would be interested in seeing how you set up your blueprints. As it is, I don't think minecraft even works that smoothly using any custom textures when going between chunks.

There chunk base is 32? block grid. If memory serves me right I think its 16x16 x 128? in the overworld (total height i think is 255) but thats still something like 32,000 and some odd blocks per chunk by defualt.
                              In the video, I used a chunk size of 20x20x70 if I remember correctly.

Originally posted by SouldomainTM View Post
                              By the way, why did you use Blueprint and not C++? I know programming, and frankly those fat Blueprint nodes kinda put me off, yet I still find myself using more Blueprint than actual code.
                              I think it's because Blueprint is programming, too. But in a such a different why that just makes me curious..
                              It was a nice challenge

Originally posted by Ivain View Post
                              Looks like you recreated minecraft in UE. Tell me, what's the performance compared to actual minecraft? because if it doesn't make a major difference, that'd be really great.
                              In that video, the performance is roughly similar or slightly worse than minecraft on a good GPU. In the current state of the project, the performance is, well, let's say at least 10 times better

Originally posted by IWalkerYT View Post
                              How I can download this ?
                              For the packaged game there is a free download link in the video description.

Originally posted by neighborlee View Post
                              I ran your example but not only was the menu rather laggy, but moving mouse around had severe lag to point of needing to exit. I was surprised given statements about it running well regardless of size of world, etc.

What should this take to run smoothly ?
                              Maybe you had other stuff run in the background? How's your GPU doing in other UE4 games?

Originally posted by Muffinman View Post
                              It runs wonderfully on the Oculus. Amazing work Fella!
                              Awesome! My goal with this is actually to make it an awesome VR game. Just having some problems with getting a devkit.

If anyone knows how to talk to valve to get a vive pre, I would love to hear about it I sent them a mail two weeks ago, but I don't even know if they read it.
                              Last edited by John Alcatraz; 03-22-2016, 02:32 PM.
                              Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                              Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Can we get a project download because i would like to look at it and learn from. By the way people were telling that it is impossible to voxels using blueprint only but i see that infact it is . You are awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X