Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reneberwanger View Post
    I did not understand.
    I am working on game with Mincraft building system (very easy to use) and with high textures materials, which can be customization by users in some interval.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English
    Celestial Creator - 3D luxurious builder and shooter game in Steam for Win32&64
    Construct and build very quickly and intuitively with highest appearance brilliant, elegant, impressive, fabulous, outstanding, magnificent, gorgeous, tremendous, majestic, imperial and superior objects, shapes, buildings, crafting, levels, worlds. Then protect them

Comment

If you update it or someone else does, there should be exclusive features to inspire for the 1.10 update of the real game.

Comment

John, very nice. When I download the file I get an error when I try to extract it.

Comment

You've been featured on Kotaku! Congrats!!!

Comment

How can I add this to my vault to mess with?

Comment

Originally posted by reneberwanger View Post
              But if you wanna go to a whole new level, what you think about real realistic textures?
              For now, I like pixel style. If I change my mind I might contact you

Originally posted by Hyperloop View Post
              Super cool!
              How are you spawning in the ISMC's in your chunks quickly enough to keep it from hitching? I have a similar system and that's been one of the issues I've faced.
              Also, how are you handling collision? I've found that colliders are what kill performance, not the visual portion. Are you doing anything special to turn colliders on/off?
              I don't really spawn many ISMCs, you should not have too many of them. Also don't have problems with the collision, at the moment all blocks constantly have collision enabled but that costs like 0 performance I think. You probably did some crazy stuff if you had problems with collision performance

Originally posted by imperiaplanet View Post
              how far do you plan on going for the project? It looks great.
              I have a ideas, but let's see how they end up Depends mostly on others.

Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
              John, very nice. When I download the file I get an error when I try to extract it.
              Use 7zip, all other software seems to dislike the zip file

Originally posted by hippowombat View Post
              Yep, saw that! Also got "let's plays" from CaptainSparklez and AntVenom.

Originally posted by Pindannon View Post
              How can I add this to my vault to mess with?
              It's not released as source.
              Last edited by John Alcatraz; 03-22-2016, 02:11 PM.
              Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
              Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
                For now, I like pixel style. If I change my mind I might contact you
                It´s for free, by the way
                YouTube:Coruja Games
                Twitter:@_corujagames
                Facebook:@corujagames
                Instagram:@_corujagames

Comment

How do you think yor approach would scale with more types of voxels? IE what happends when there are 100 different voxels to be rendered in a chunk?

Comment

It would be more draw calls, but apart from that it would not affect anything. And soon draw calls hopefully don't matter that much any more with Vulkan and D3D12.

I got more than 40,000 downloads of the game and more than 375,000 views on the video. It's awesome to see so much interest in this!
                    Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                    Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Making games with Blueprints only is amazing! Great job!

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
                        It would be more draw calls, but apart from that it would not affect anything. And soon draw calls hopefully don't matter that much any more with Vulkan and D3D12.

I got more than 40,000 downloads of the game and more than 375,000 views on the video. It's awesome to see so much interest in this!
                        Wow that's way more than I would have thought, I guess there are a lot of people who would want minecraft with next gen lighting, what you have looks actually very similar to minecraft with shader mods but with better performance so that's a win win right there.

This could actually bring a ton of minecraft modders into UE4.. not only that but blueprints would make modding 10 times easier and faster.
                        However Mojang could cause problems for you if they want to be aware of that, you might wanna change the textures and visual style a bit so it's not a 1 to 1 copy.

4.10 Update! -> [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader
                        WIP Interactive Water Shader, WIP 2D Water Sim
                        WIP FFT Ocean w/ Foam, Quad-tree Infinite Ocean LOD

Comment

Minecraft with SEUS Unbelievable Shaders Nice project tho bro. Looks awesome.

Comment

This would definitely be cool to put on the marketplace. I think a few like me could learn from it.

Comment

very nice and impressive work
                              just one question is the lighting dynamic? and are you using LPV ?

would love to see it in marketplace or in the learn tab

Comment

What about multiplayer?

Edit for screenshots:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	1
Size:	870.5 KB
ID:	1102270

Name:	2.png
Size:	656.3 KB
ID:	1102271

Name:	3.png
Size:	611.3 KB
ID:	1102272

Name:	4.png
Size:	658.8 KB
ID:	1102273

Name:	5.png
Size:	682.2 KB
ID:	1102274

Name:	6.png
Size:	843.2 KB
ID:	1102275
                                Last edited by masterneme; 03-12-2016, 12:34 PM.
                                ProBoon, Old-School FPS, Open Source & Tutorials
                                Support Project Boon on Patreon

On Steam Soon, Click Below

Comment

Working...
                                X