I've created an Infinite Voxel World, similar to Minecraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    It runs wonderfully on the Oculus. Amazing work Fella!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Downloaded and tried out, and while my system is far from a powerhouse I do well "

Phenom II x4 3.2ghz, 8gb ram HD 7750 2gb ( prob. weakest part of system oh well) .

I ran your example but not only was the menu rather laggy, but moving mouse around had severe lag to point of needing to exit. I was surprised given statements about it running well regardless of size of world, etc.

What should this take to run smoothly ?

Thx
    nl
    Last edited by neighborlee; 03-21-2016, 02:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    WOAH!
    cough* give me the source code *cough

Man, simcerely EPIC, this looks like MC but better.

Sorry for bad english :b

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Please, put this in as a learning resource.
    Though I would prefer to have it free, I will buy this for a price of $10 or $20. Because it looks that good.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I understand that all the blocks are through ISMCs, but could you talk a bit more about how you did level streaming and view culling through blueprints? I understand a lot of these concepts fundamentally, but as a relative UE4 noob, it's hard for me to understand the power of blueprints. Also you mentioned a blueprint->c++ conversion process. I'm not familiar with this, could you elaborate a bit more? Thanks for showing this off, and hopefully it can be a learning resource at some point!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is amazing. If you don't have time to write a tutorial or technical writeup, please at least make it available in some form or another (marketplace?). I know there are a lot of us who are curious how to do level streaming like that, and aren't sure how to get started. Brilliant work, and please show us more!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow very nice , i will give it a try .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    woah..that's awesome...almost too similar haha you should add some cool fps elements maybe

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How I can download this ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OMG, I need to play this now!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cool! Could we possibly get access to the source via github potentially? Either way, love the work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks like you recreated minecraft in UE. Tell me, what's the performance compared to actual minecraft? because if it doesn't make a major difference, that'd be really great.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How do you learn this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just love these Minecraft remakes, they are super cool and look just so great.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey there this was such a treat to see on my Epic Launcher today! I'm finally getting back in to programming after a few years. My last project was a 2d based tile shooter in XNA ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxJW...5FoPNOQwSroC8w ). I tried to make a 3d version of that but the XNA framework was too complex for 3d for a noob like me. Finally Unreal is giving me the tools to help me with this! Anyway... as for how you could release this, my request would be to help people design a simple voxel engine and world grid/map. Hahah selfishly I ask this of course as I am attempting to do this myself at the moment and am having some trouble. That being said, I'm just getting started, again.

So yeah, a simple world voxel demo, or step by step tutorial beginning with the simple block class creation, grid array. and the terrain generation. Something like that I think many people will benefit from. There seems to be a lot of interest these days.

Thank you again and keep up the great work

Leave a comment:

Working...
X