Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would like to ask a request

hey john,
    me and a friend are trying to make a game similar to minecraft but are having trouble with it, i was wondering if i could have a copy of the project file so we can make one like it, we tried but it kept coming out either misformed or blank. we wont copy the game it self, just want to use some of the lines for it, we already got the textures and models of tools made, but the world just isnt cooperating with us.
    thanks,
    alex_rider
    (ps if you can make a copy of it, plz send it to my email youcefthomas@hotmail.com )

Comment

Sup minecraftians,

If anyone can help me pass the Twitch 4 Minecraft stream IE looking at my C++ and like his video his ends up working but mine still crashes..

But i do have the terrain Generation working just no noise ive posted the code in question on his Youtube twitch feeds...
      Help me and you have what i got to start with =)

PS Big thanks to John for his feeds.. sometimes bit hard to follow the code side but he definitely explains why hes doing what he does..

Matt
      MogamingEmporium

Comment

It's a masterpiece!!! Those who say it's just a clone, but this game can go your way!!!It may even be the best minecraft, the one who writes in the comments that the game is "so-so", then You don't understand just how amazing it is (or just not played the updated version, if you're reading this, I beg you not to leave the game and not listening to anyone.If you started this case and further, you can't completely copy minecraft, you can do something else, to add something of their own, but you can change everything in the game (not perestarasya), just don't drop the project and make it better.I have everything!

Comment

If you ever need any help or thoughts I would love to make this in to a better form of minecraft with you

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DBAYQIAU0AAy5Dc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	1128735

Name:	DBAYVJcUAAAeC__.jpg
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	1128736

Name:	DBAYWhVVYAA3sVQ.jpg
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	1128737
            Hey John!
            Less than a year ago, I was shocked and exceedingly inpressed when i saw your magnificent project for the first time. I tried to make a similiar unreal based minecraft and took a lot of time to research in hope of finding the correct approach. However, that didn't end up well: even the most initial steps seemed unachievable for the little noob :P
            For more than half a year, I have been studying the unreal engine and learning how to manipulate it efficiently by both blueprint and c++. And just three days ago, I started to make a voxel based survival game ----- AGAIN. And so far I'm doing everything nicely: I managed to implement dual-chunk generation, a primitive save&load system and basic foliage generation.( I was also messing with the block y locations to make the terrain smoother than that of traditional minecrafty games ) Thank you for inspiring me and helping me to set up my actual goals
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello there,

u need to update this project, added so many fetures !!!!!

hope u will continue this

exelent

Comment

That's a fun game good job

Comment

Can you offer any further advice on how to do this? I'm brand new to Unreal Engine and game development in general and my first project is to try to do this exact thing for the learning experience, so far, first day, still clueless, hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by SterlingY View Post
                    Looks fantastic! Good job! I think you can make something great with this and stray from the Minecraft concept.

-S
                    I agree! Give it a new spin!

Comment

Originally posted by davidg0 View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]142829[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]142830[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]142831[/ATTACH]
                      Hey John!
                      Less than a year ago, I was shocked and exceedingly inpressed when i saw your magnificent project for the first time. I tried to make a similiar unreal based minecraft and took a lot of time to research in hope of finding the correct approach. However, that didn't end up well: even the most initial steps seemed unachievable for the little noob :P
                      For more than half a year, I have been studying the unreal engine and learning how to manipulate it efficiently by both blueprint and c++. And just three days ago, I started to make a voxel based survival game ----- AGAIN. And so far I'm doing everything nicely: I managed to implement dual-chunk generation, a primitive save&load system and basic foliage generation.( I was also messing with the block y locations to make the terrain smoother than that of traditional minecrafty games ) Thank you for inspiring me and helping me to set up my actual goals
                      Great job David!!! Wish all the luck with this project!

Comment

Nice job but I have a problem - mouse didn't work. Windows 7 sp1

Comment

Hey man! I was wondering if you were gonna ever release project files or do a tutorial or something on your approach for this, or a marketplace plugin, I would love to tear it apart and learn from it

Comment

Sorry for the necro.

I would pay a nice amount for the original blueprint project. You should revisit it and post it in the marketplace!
                            Sharing the knowledge would be nice and helps the game dev community grow!

Comment

Working...
                            X