Striving for Photorealism in UE4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New photogrammetry test! Starting to understand the process a bit more

Trying to get a more natural colour grading in comparison to the previous scenes!

Thanks for all of the kind words on this thread- didn't expect anything to come from it
    Last edited by EoinOBroin; 05-09-2016, 05:21 PM.
    ARTSTATION: https://www.artstation.com/artist/noisestorm

Comment

Oooohh, this is looking fantastic. Great results again and again.

Game Design - Photogrammetry - Programming
      Tutorials · Twitter · Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by EoinOBroin View Post
        New photogrammetry test! Starting to understand the process a bit more

Trying to get a more natural colour grading in comparison to the previous scenes!
        This one looks great! I can tell you're improving which is awesome! I still hope you can make some sort of tutorial for us. I also checked out your artstation profile (and started following) and saw that abandoned house. That one is INCREDIBLE and you labeled it as WIP?? Serious talent here.

Comment

Originally posted by das8track View Post
          This one looks great! I can tell you're improving which is awesome! I still hope you can make some sort of tutorial for us. I also checked out your artstation profile (and started following) and saw that abandoned house. That one is INCREDIBLE and you labeled it as WIP?? Serious talent here.
          Thank you I can't wait to start working on interior hard surface scenes like that one again!

-------------------------

Processed more photogrammetry assets in the last few days- having fun with some different lighting condition tests- VERY work in progress!

Comment

Started with a desert scene, ended with snow

Last edited by EoinOBroin; 04-25-2016, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Made some tweaks to the snow scene to try and achieve a higher level of realism + made a few alternate variations

Last edited by EoinOBroin; 04-30-2016, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Looks amazing! That panning gif looks like a shot from a movie like Lords of the Rings or something. Great job!

Comment

Testing out Sequencer on some old scenes of mine in the new 4.12 preview! I love it, it's a super powerful and easy to use tool! Finally creating cinematic shots with changing focus is easy!

Last edited by EoinOBroin; 05-04-2016, 05:47 AM.

Comment

I can't believe I'm the only one posting on this thread with you haha All your stuff is amazing! I'm glad you went back to that interior shot. It looks great! Reminds me of P.T. which is something I want to do eventually. I haven't tried out the new sequence yet but from the live streams and community examples, it seems really legit.

Comment

• Man this stuff is epic. I particularly like the grass! You should definitely make a tutorial if you have the time.

Joel

Comment

• Originally posted by das8track View Post
                        That panning gif looks like a shot from a movie like Lords of the Rings or something. Great job!
                        I second that
                        Linkedin | ArtStation | -SCIFI 'PROPS' PACK- | -SCIFI 'POPULATE' PACK- | Shooter Game Tutorial | StarDrop

Comment

• Originally posted by das8track View Post
                          I can't believe I'm the only one posting on this thread with you haha All your stuff is amazing! I'm glad you went back to that interior shot. It looks great! Reminds me of P.T. which is something I want to do eventually. I haven't tried out the new sequence yet but from the live streams and community examples, it seems really legit.
                          Thanks man Yeah Sequencer is amazing, really loving it- I made a fly through of an updated version of that corridor scene below with it!

Originally posted by JediJoel View Post
                          Man this stuff is epic. I particularly like the grass! You should definitely make a tutorial if you have the time.

Joel
                          Thanks! Working on making a nice example scene with a bunch of stuff including grass shaders, a photogrammetry base shader and a typical lighting setup!

-------------------------------------------------------

I made some final tweaks to my last scene, including a video! I've missed doing hard surface stuff- so much fun to play with the lighting and shaders

Quick video of the scene testing Sequencer and some sound design I've been working on: https://youtu.be/VIa74Lt2Yi0

Last edited by EoinOBroin; 05-04-2016, 05:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JediJoel View Post
                            Man this stuff is epic. I particularly like the grass! You should definitely make a tutorial if you have the time.

Joel
                            thumbs up to that

Comment

• Subbed! Please post a breakdown of one of the scenes or a screenshot of your postprocess settings, that looks amazing!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dogsofknowledge View Post
                                Subbed! Please post a breakdown of one of the scenes or a screenshot of your postprocess settings, that looks amazing!
                                Sure thing Here's a quick breakdown of some of the lighting views and also my lightmass /post process / point light settings (there was one point light outside for every two windows).

As you can see, especially since this is based on an older scene of mine- there are many errors in lighing, and poorly made models, but a lot of the time, a good result can still be had!

Regarding the "Environment Intensity" and "Diffuse Boost" tweaks to the lightmass settings, I believe that was just originally from putting large/small values into each of the parameters to see what changed- this happened to look ok, so I kept it (probably many things I do in all my scenes isn't "correct" or "accurate"- I purely look for a good end result, and don't really think of what I should and shouldn't be doing! If a boosted indirect lighting amount of 50 looks better than any other version- do it!)

Hopefully this helps! All I can really say is a scene is defined mostly by composition. Lighting and shading also play a big role, but without the right composition to begin with, it is difficult to achieve anything decent! I'm very much still learning and will continue to try and improve, but that is one thing that sticks out to me.

Last edited by EoinOBroin; 05-04-2016, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X