Striving for Photorealism in UE4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Galeon View Post
    Ground textures are too repetitive and lack unique details.
    Doing a lot of reference of similar real life landscapes that I wanted to capture the feel of, I noticed that the grassland parts actually were very simple with little variation.

I do agree that I need more unique details- stones, flowers, trees etc.

This scene is as simple as it possibly can be right now- 1 landscape, 1 material, and 1 grass foliage actor. I've been trying to get a large amount of mileage out of as few input assets as possible as another goal of this series
    ARTSTATION: https://www.artstation.com/artist/noisestorm

Comment

Although I agree with above, I think that the lighting and grass foliage is spot on. Looking forward to seeing further developments!

Comment

Let's lay out in marketplace xD

Comment

nailed it!
          https://www.artstation.com/artist/paulswalls

Comment

Sorry for going off topic [MENTION=918]Higuy8000[/MENTION] can you point me to the facebook group please.

Comment

Awesome work man, really nice!
              Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

That looks fantastic. Any chance you'd be willing to talk about how you made that grass material?

Comment

These are really phenomenal! Keep up the great work and please keep us posted with anything new you're doing
                  Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
                  How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
                  Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Sweet breadcakes on a bowl of whipped cream batman!
                    Love the minimalism yet realism

Comment

This looks AMAZING. I completely disagree with the guy that says that the grass looks repetitive. There's grass exactly like that in natural, untouched, areas. Some kinds of grass just don't grow a lot. I work with this kind of thing everyday (similar, architectural rendering) and I know how hard it is to achieve realistic looking grass. This is a work of art, and I would love to see a breakdown on how you did it!

ARCADE FLIGHT COMBAT GAME
                      Now on Steam!

Comment

Great work mate! How does it perform?
                        Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-source template)

Comment

That looks awesome, I would love to see some breakdown if possible. Great work!
                          Check out my awesome game :www.worldvoid.com Thank you

Comment

Looks amazing! Would love to see this effect used for creating infinite sidescroller backgrounds. It's something I imagined doing a while ago but didn't know how.

Comment

Originally posted by TemporalDrift View Post
                              Sorry for going off topic [MENTION=918]Higuy8000[/MENTION] can you point me to the facebook group please.
                              Hey there [MENTION=28434]TemporalDrift[/MENTION], heres a link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ue4devs/

lucasgovatos.net | Twitter | Epitasis - A Colorful Exploration Puzzle Game

Comment

Originally posted by EoinOBroin View Post
                                Thank you all for the kind words

Made a few tweaks to that scene to fix some of the problems that I noticed when I woke up!

The next scene is coming on nicely, should be finished later today!
                                Heey, how did you that sand? Is it fine texturing? Is it planar projection? Triplaner projection?

Comment

Working...
                                X