Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Road Editor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by Sitrec View Post
    Buying this now. Thank you! Any idea when bridges will be implemented? Also is there any plans on adding a feature for making tunnels though a landscape? Our map is very mountainous so bridges and tunnels would save us a lot of time.
    Hi, sorry for the delay. I will implement composite spline for the next release, that mean you will be able to enable meshes that can be part of bridges (like support and pylon, i will add this to default content for example). So bridges will be more easy to do in the next version, even if you can already make bridges. For tunnel, it is pretty easy to do, you disable auto digging on a part of the road, paint a hole where the spline passes through the landscape and fulfill with stones around the hole for good looking. Take 1 minute. I will also include a dome for example to add on the 2 lane road. I think it is a good idea for the next version to make 2 videos : how to make a bridge and how to make a tunnel
    Last edited by Le Samedi; 03-30-2016, 09:32 AM.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Le Samedi View Post
      Hi, sorry for the delay. I will implement composite spline for the next release, that mean you will be able to enable meshes that can be part of bridges (like support and pylon, i will add this to default content for example). So bridges will be more easy to do in the next version, even if you can already make bridges. For tunnel, it is pretty easy to do, you disable auto digging on a part of the road, paint a hole where the spline passes through the landscape and fulfill with stones around the hole for good looking. Take 1 minute. I will also include a dome for example to add on the 2 lane road. I think it is a good idea for the next version to make 2 videos : how to make a bridge and how to make a tunnel
      Sounds great! I know how to make tunnels by hand, I just think it would be great to have a feature for it to save time. Thanks!

      Comment


      • #78
        I thought too. But if I handle the material hole in the plugin, if you do a grotto near a tunnel and then you move slightly the tunnel, because I manage landscape holes, I could erase your hole of the cave not on purpose. So i need to think about it. There is no technical difficulties, but i cannot rewrite the landscape module of Unreal Not sure we can sell an engine.

        Comment


        • #79
          Road Editor for 4.11 is available for current costumers. Thanks to Epic, you can now paint vertex on spline meshes.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	VertexPaint.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	477.8 KB
ID:	1103588

          For conversion, just open a copy and replace plugin files. For people using default road network configuration, just download binaries, otherwise it will be broken.

          Comment


          • #80
            Do you foresee any complications with this and the VXGI 4.11 build?

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by CheapModeler View Post
              Do you foresee any complications with this and the VXGI 4.11 build?
              You plan to do your game with vxgi ? No I do not see why there would be problems with vxgi 4.11. The content generated by the plugin are only static meshes, spline meshes, hierarchical instanced static meshes, and actor of your choice when you define side objects. If there are no problems with these three types of geometry, your specific actors, and Landscape Module code, it can not be any problem.
              Last edited by Le Samedi; 04-07-2016, 11:37 AM.

              Comment


              • #82
                Hello,

                i purchase your plugin and it works well. But I woould like to have smalle white spheres for the spline. How can I adjust the transform of the white sphere.

                Thanks

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by Lars Harzmann View Post
                  Hello,

                  i purchase your plugin and it works well. But I woould like to have smalle white spheres for the spline. How can I adjust the transform of the white sphere.

                  Thanks
                  Done, i add settings for visualizers. Download only binaries, and replace files.

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	RoadNetworkSettings2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	411.9 KB
ID:	1104465

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Thanks for doing this. Great work.

                    Greetings

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Did I miss something, or am I thinking of something else, but I could have sworn I saw trestles in a picture - for making bridges with.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by Warcabbit View Post
                        Did I miss something, or am I thinking of something else, but I could have sworn I saw trestles in a picture - for making bridges with.
                        One page back on post #79

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by Warcabbit View Post
                          Did I miss something, or am I thinking of something else, but I could have sworn I saw trestles in a picture - for making bridges with.
                          It is just a static mesh to test what do i need to do on the plugin to make bridges easier than now. I will take parts of this bridge mesh to construct side objects and side splines on road 2 lanes to activate/desactivate bridges parts on this with a more effecient digging transition. But side splines and digging ratio is not implemented yet. For now, it will deform pylons, and it is hard to setup a bridge with good looking digging.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            (Deleted, of course it works that way)
                            Last edited by Warcabbit; 04-19-2016, 01:57 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              One guy already tried that. So i already put sources of roadruntime part in the plugin. You don't need it but your migration destination must have at least the runtime part of the plugin. I sended what you miss, but you just need to have runtime binaries to migrate this in an other project.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                He did, it worked great! Thanks, Samedi.
                                I can't wait to see how this develops.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X