Road Editor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Le Samedi View Post
    When C++ Plugin will be accepted on Marketplace. I'm sure Epic is working on it.

A pseudo, third post.

I already try to blend a dirt road with an asphalt road, with a "cross" with 2 outputs, because crosses are static mesh i could paint on vertex to make a blend by hand, it works great, but it's by hand. And if you want a custom blend, you need to make it in the blend material of the cross. To have this inside the plugin, it depends on the evolution, i don't know how to design this yet. Be aware there is a huge amount of code behind, but it is an interesting proposition.

A big thank you for this support

Not sure if i understood you correctly, i didnt mean blending 2 different roads together, rather blending road with landscape, so that road fades away on edges into landscape texture.

Comment

Originally posted by janpec View Post
      Not sure if i understood you correctly, i didnt mean blending 2 different roads together, rather blending road with landscape, so that road fades away on edges into landscape texture.
      A ok, well, very more easy to implement. A sort of dead-end. That, i can put it in the plugin, just wait for the second release.

Comment

Dealing with Rail inside roadnetwork. Meshes will be in default content.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RailRoad0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	357.9 KB
ID:	1102285

Name:	RailRoad1.jpg
Size:	455.1 KB
ID:	1102286

Name:	RailRoad2.jpg
Size:	394.0 KB
ID:	1102287

Comment

Originally posted by Le Samedi View Post
          Dealing with Rail inside roadnetwork. Meshes will be in default content.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83233[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83234[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83235[/ATTACH]
          Excellent.

One thing: the scale of your railroad tracks. They appear to be too large in comparison to your pavement. Standard gauge (North America) is 4 ft 8 1⁄2 in or ​1,435 mm. (1.435 meter) Two lane roads are in the neighborhood of 24 feet (7.2 meters) wide. This gives a width ratio of more or less 5 to 1.

WIP Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
            Excellent.

One thing: the scale of your railroad tracks. They appear to be too large in comparison to your pavement. Standard gauge (North America) is 4 ft 8 1⁄2 in or ​1,435 mm. (1.435 meter) Two lane roads are in the neighborhood of 24 feet (7.2 meters) wide. This gives a width ratio of more or less 5 to 1.
            Ok i will scale them down

Comment

Any news on the incorporation of OpenStreetData?
              Our Ghosts of War - The World's First World War 2 Survival Game
              Twitter: @ourghostsofwar

Comment

Am I incorrect in assuming the first release is already available on your third party site? Can I get a link?
                Procedural, modular, on-the-fly animation - iTween For UE4
                - Actors - Components - UMG - Ease In - Ease Out - Path-constrained Animation - $0

Comment

I'm interested in the rail aspect and openstreetdata. When will this be available?
                  Colin M. Croft
                  President
                  Croft Interactive Inc.

Comment

Nothing on OpenStreetData?
                    Our Ghosts of War - The World's First World War 2 Survival Game
                    Twitter: @ourghostsofwar

Comment

Originally posted by PixelPerfectPolygons View Post
                      Nothing on OpenStreetData?
                      Hi PixelPerfectPolygons. For what i see the first thing is to import, clean unnecessary OSM data, and turn them into more compatible data for the plugin. The second is more serious and can take a while, link road type in the plugin with a road type in OSM data, like the retarget system of Unreal skeleton. This mean make a retarget dialog like Unreal. Don't know how much time it cost. I'll let you know but it will not come immediately.

Originally posted by Jared Therriault View Post
                      Am I incorrect in assuming the first release is already available on your third party site? Can I get a link?
                      No i didn't put this on the website yet, but it will come shortly.

Comment

Looks amazing!! What is the link to your website?

Comment

Originally posted by Ministelis View Post
                          Looks amazing!! What is the link to your website?
                          If I gave you the link when you'd ask me, you would pay $ 94 for a JPEG. Not sure you'd be happy. Now everything work fine, here it is : http://talos-studio.com

Comment

Thank you soo much, I will check it out tonight!!!

Comment

The website mentions that the source is not included so is this just a game plugin and not engine? Also, what are the license terms if we want to include this in a release? Thanks.
                              Colin M. Croft
                              President
                              Croft Interactive Inc.

Comment

Hi Le Samedi

When accepted by Epic C++ plugins, you to intend to submit it to the Marketplace ?
                                if I could to buy it via Epic's Marketplace how much will it cost.

There are plans to submit in the future ?

luny

Comment

Working...
                                X