Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Road Editor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Is this not a god send? The tool looks really smooth and simple to use. Please keep us updated when you implement new features.
    I am also working on a road editor tool with OSM integration, however I am using the experience to better understand programming, we will see how far I get and if I publicize my work.

    Comment


    • #17
      Hi Le Samedi,

      One thing that makes your tool much more useful is for the spline to be snapped to landscape while you move it around instead of raise/lowering landscape when you move it around. So the road would follow the shape of the landscape. Do you think you can include such an option?

      Cheers.
      Artstation
      Join the support channel
      Gumroad Store

      Comment


      • #18
        This looks really good awesome job.
        Check out my fighting component https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ting-Component

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Maximum-Dev View Post
          Hi Le Samedi,

          One thing that makes your tool much more useful is for the spline to be snapped to landscape while you move it around instead of raise/lowering landscape when you move it around. So the road would follow the shape of the landscape. Do you think you can include such an option?

          Cheers.
          Yes, not difficult to do, and useful. Plugin will have a shortcut, when pressed, it will disable digging and snap selected points of a road (or a cross) on the ground when moving, so it will fallow the shape of landscape (Functions are already done because you can disable dig and snap on the terrain, i dont show all in the video). When shortcut is realeased, it will reactivate digging, if auto digging is enable of course.

          Comment


          • #20
            Looks great.

            Does it have the ability to adjust the width of the road mesh at each spline point as well as I want to use more basic stoney countryside roads that have a natural width variance based on local geographical features?

            Also will it be able to have different road types branching off different road types whilst still using the seamless spline blending? For example, a smaller gravel track branching off a tarmac road? Without having to fuss on creating a manual junction blend?

            If so then day one purchase for me as this is something that I feel should be part of UE4 default engine and if EPIC don't do it themselves then I'll gladly pay you to save me the time!

            Regards

            Slinky

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by SlinkyMuffins View Post
              Does it have the ability to adjust the width of the road mesh at each spline point as well as I want to use more basic stoney countryside roads that have a natural width variance based on local geographical features?
              To be honest, i didn't implement this for now, because scale is for falloff dig, and i didn't want to deform UV and have strange tilling. And for clean width mesh edition, i will have to implement an other transform widget (1 - Location, 2 - Scale for falloff, 3 - Scale for mesh, and 4 - Rotation). But it is clearly possible to scale the width of the road mesh. If I have time, i will try to implement this.

              Originally posted by SlinkyMuffins View Post
              Also will it be able to have different road types branching off different road types whilst still using the seamless spline blending? For example, a smaller gravel track branching off a tarmac road? Without having to fuss on creating a manual junction blend?
              If i clearly understand, i think what you ask is impossible, because you cannot blend beetween two different meshes that have not same vertices configuration (morph prerequisites is a minimum). For the release video, and default content, i will show what you can do, with one-way road, two-way road, and dual carriageway. And if you merge a one-way with a two-way, the plugin will search a "cross" to link beetween the two differents roads, even if your cross have only two outputs. So if you need to blend beetween a gravel track and a tarmac road, you need a cross in your road network configuration that link this two roads (like i show in the editor picture down on the thread). But you have to do your "blend mesh" just one time. Auto crossover will do the job at each meeting of this situation.

              Originally posted by SlinkyMuffins View Post
              If so then day one purchase for me as this is something that I feel should be part of UE4 default engine and if EPIC don't do it themselves then I'll gladly pay you to save me the time!
              Yes, but Epic is mainly a game studio and they don't do games that need a road network. But they give us the possibility to do this. So i am happy this plugin to be so useful. Thank you for your good words
              Last edited by Le Samedi; 02-19-2016, 02:28 PM.

              Comment


              • #22
                Looks interesting when are looking at submitting it to the marketplace?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Insta-buy for me hopefully it comes through to the marketplace shortly

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Thank you for support.

                    Originally posted by Sanjshah View Post
                    Looks interesting when are looking at submitting it to the marketplace?
                    We first release outside the marketplace (1 week, maybe 2), and after cleaning the integration code, we will directly submit the plugin to Epic.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	SideObjects.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	309.4 KB
ID:	1101137

                      We are making the content by default , textures, objects and actors. It remains a small thing to do but it starts to become impressive . It will not be long.
                      Attached Files

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Looking awesome. Cant wait to get my hands on this

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Absolutely gorgeous. One of the few plugins I feel like is so sorely needed and is priced fairly for what it offers!

                          Will early buyers of the initial release get updates for free?
                          Procedural, modular, on-the-fly animation - iTween For UE4
                          - Actors - Components - UMG - Ease In - Ease Out - Path-constrained Animation - $0

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Jared Therriault View Post
                            Will early buyers of the initial release get updates for free?
                            Yes of course.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              wow amazing, I can not wait to have him. Will be possible to export the created road as fbx? example: File>Export All/Export Selected, it work with your plugin?. Great Work.
                              Last edited by PeppeDK; 02-29-2016, 11:27 AM.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Good question.

                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Export.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	1101473
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Export2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	1101474

                                Yes it works. But it does not seem to export material. Merge actors also works.

                                Click image for larger version

Name:	MergeActors.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	1101475

                                I will try again when i'll put LODs in default content but it seems to work fine.
                                Last edited by Le Samedi; 02-29-2016, 12:45 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X