Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the update, Le Samedi.

Comment

Got the plugin since the default landscape spline tool is just too limited. So far working great - so easy to Place roads now. But with big 6km^2 map the road actors vanish when playing in editor (or simulating). No issues on tiny map and removing cull volume didnt help. Anyone else with similar problem? Cant even see the road actors listed in outliner so something seem to delete them. With tiny map the road actors stay there when playing. What I could be missing? :S

Edit: Now found it. Seems like sublevels cant be se "always loaded". After setting them to "blueprint", the roads appear now. Just strange that the landscape and roads are all in persistent (root) level.

EDIT2: Very strange stuff. If any sublevel is visible, then the roads get deleted instantly. If I load sublevel e.g. 5 seconds after play start in editor, first roads show but instanly when sublevel (that have only some static mesh actor, no any landscape) comes visible then the roads vanish.

EDiT3: Not having the issue in packed Project so no real problem. Loving the plugin so far.
      Last edited by SaOk; 01-01-2018, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Hi, all. I've encountered some issues while using this plugin with client side "World Origin Shifting", some RoadActor's SplineMeshComponents has wrong positions after world origin shifts.
        So here is the fix in ARoadActor, just override these two methods:
        void ARoadActor::ApplyWorldOffset(const FVector& InOffset, bool bWorldShift)
        {
        Super::ApplyWorldOffset( InOffset, bWorldShift );

if ( !bWorldShift )
        return;

if ( !IsActorInitialized() )
        return;

for ( USplineMeshComponent* Component : RoadMeshesComp )
        {
        Component->SetStartPosition ( Component->GetStartPosition() + InOffset, false );
        Component->SetEndPosition ( Component->GetEndPosition() + InOffset, true );
        }
        }

void ARoadActor::PostInitializeComponents()
        {
        Super::PostInitializeComponents();

if ( !HasAuthority() )
        {
        FVector CurrentOffset = -FVector(GetWorld()->OriginLocation);

for ( USplineMeshComponent* Component : RoadMeshesComp )
        {
        Component->SetStartPosition ( Component->GetStartPosition() + CurrentOffset, false );
        Component->SetEndPosition ( Component->GetEndPosition() + CurrentOffset, true );
        }
        }
        }

Comment

Originally posted by SaOk View Post
          Got the plugin since the default landscape spline tool is just too limited. So far working great - so easy to Place roads now. But with big 6km^2 map the road actors vanish when playing in editor (or simulating). No issues on tiny map and removing cull volume didnt help. Anyone else with similar problem? Cant even see the road actors listed in outliner so something seem to delete them. With tiny map the road actors stay there when playing. What I could be missing? :S

Edit: Now found it. Seems like sublevels cant be se "always loaded". After setting them to "blueprint", the roads appear now. Just strange that the landscape and roads are all in persistent (root) level.

EDIT2: Very strange stuff. If any sublevel is visible, then the roads get deleted instantly. If I load sublevel e.g. 5 seconds after play start in editor, first roads show but instanly when sublevel (that have only some static mesh actor, no any landscape) comes visible then the roads vanish.

EDiT3: Not having the issue in packed Project so no real problem. Loving the plugin so far.
          I experience the same issue under the same conditions (large map; mine is tile-based created with world composition). Smaller pieces of the network appear, larger pieces only appear in standalone mode or packaged game.
          The code from plecheg does not solve this issue but might come in handy for future projects! Thanks!

Would appreciate any suggestions

Comment

Hello, I really like you're tool but I'm recreating all our nodes and noticed that if I delete a road or cross node it causes the engine to crash. Are you aware of this and if so is there a fix? Here's a little video showing the error. I can post logs too if needed. I will PM if requested.

https://youtu.be/czRlUHFQ0-Y

Comment

Originally posted by KernalPanic View Post
              Hello, I really like you're tool but I'm recreating all our nodes and noticed that if I delete a road or cross node it causes the engine to crash. Are you aware of this and if so is there a fix? Here's a little video showing the error. I can post logs too if needed. I will PM if requested.

https://youtu.be/czRlUHFQ0-Y
              Hi, here is quick fix in file RoadNetworkEditor.cpp:

Code:
              void FRoadNetworkEditor::DeleteNodes(const TArray<class UEdGraphNode*>& NodesToDelete) 
              {

if (NodesToDelete.Num() > 0)
                  {

for (int32 Index = 0; Index < NodesToDelete.Num(); ++Index)
                      {
                          if (!CanDeleteNode(NodesToDelete[Index])) {
                              continue;
                          }
                          NodesToDelete[Index]->BreakAllNodeLinks();

URoadNetworkGraphNode * RoadNetworkGraphNode = Cast<URoadNetworkGraphNode>(NodesToDelete[Index]);

if (RoadNetworkGraphNode && RoadNetworkGraphNode->RoadNetworkExpression)
                          {
                              RoadNetworkGraphNode->RoadNetworkExpression->ConditionalBeginDestroy();
                              RoadNetworkGraphNode->RoadNetworkExpression = NULL;
                          }

GraphEditor->ClearSelectionSet();
                          GraphEditor->NotifyGraphChanged();

FBlueprintEditorUtils::RemoveNode(NULL, NodesToDelete[Index], true);
                      }

RoadNetworkConfiguration->RebuildData();

GraphEditor->ClearSelectionSet();
                      GraphEditor->NotifyGraphChanged();
                      URoadNetworkGraph* Graph = Cast<URoadNetworkGraph>(RoadNetworkConfiguration->Graph);
                      if(Graph) Graph->RebuildGraph();        
                  }
              }

Comment

Originally posted by alex_lunix View Post

Hi, here is quick fix in file RoadNetworkEditor.cpp:
                So I am currently running this plugin via the personal license and do not see the RoadNetworkEditor.cpp file anywhere in my plugins folder. Would I need the source code to make said change? also thank you!

Comment

So I am currently running this plugin via the personal license and do not see the RoadNetworkEditor.cpp file anywhere in my plugins folder. Would I need the source code to make said change? also thank you!
                  Yes, you need to edit sources.

Comment

Hello Sir,
                    i am facing often crash problem while using road tool please help me

Comment

Originally posted by alex_lunix View Post

Yes, you need to edit sources.
                      Can the developer please respond? It appears the plugin is broken in it's current state and being a paid product we cannot use it. Can you please make the appropriate fix and update the download section of the website? That or provide the code so we can make the change ourselves.

Please and thanks!

Comment

4.19 is out. Will it take two months again before the plugin is updated again? Because when 4.18 released, it took about 2 months and some days for this to be updated. I tried to recompile it for 4.19, but it just never works out for me.

Comment

Hi, is there a way to use socket created in 3dsmax, because for complex cross mesh is hard to find right position.
                          Is it possible make cross mesh follow the landscape as road mesh, because now are all flat and I need to create cross section with slope.
                          Thanks

Comment

Hi, please update this plugin to 4.19/ I really need to upgrade my project, but i can't, because this plugin is needed very badly.

Comment

Originally posted by gotgrassct View Post
                              Hi, please update this plugin to 4.19/ I really need to upgrade my project, but i can't, because this plugin is needed very badly.
                              Also, can you please implement the code fix mentioned in the folllowing response?: https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...99#post1430899

deleting nodes causes the editor to crash you lose your work, which makes it very frustrating to use this. I had to remove it from our project in it's current state. Nodes need to be able to be deleted, too many mistakes are made.. Please implement this fix when it is upgraded to 4.19. Thanks!

Comment

Also, can you please implement the code fix mentioned in the folllowing response?: https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...99#post1430899

deleting nodes causes the editor to crash you lose your work, which makes it very frustrating to use this. I had to remove it from our project in it's current state. Nodes need to be able to be deleted, too many mistakes are made.. Please implement this fix when it is upgraded to 4.19. Thanks!
                                These guys take MONTHS to upload, and NEVER talk to any of the community at all. Not even their own customers.

Comment

Working...
                                X