Road Editor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KernalPanic View Post
    Hello, I really like you're tool but I'm recreating all our nodes and noticed that if I delete a road or cross node it causes the engine to crash. Are you aware of this and if so is there a fix? Here's a little video showing the error. I can post logs too if needed. I will PM if requested.

https://youtu.be/czRlUHFQ0-Y
    Hi, here is quick fix in file RoadNetworkEditor.cpp:

Code:
    void FRoadNetworkEditor::DeleteNodes(const TArray<class UEdGraphNode*>& NodesToDelete) 
    {

if (NodesToDelete.Num() > 0)
        {

for (int32 Index = 0; Index < NodesToDelete.Num(); ++Index)
            {
                if (!CanDeleteNode(NodesToDelete[Index])) {
                    continue;
                }
                NodesToDelete[Index]->BreakAllNodeLinks();

URoadNetworkGraphNode * RoadNetworkGraphNode = Cast<URoadNetworkGraphNode>(NodesToDelete[Index]);

if (RoadNetworkGraphNode && RoadNetworkGraphNode->RoadNetworkExpression)
                {
                    RoadNetworkGraphNode->RoadNetworkExpression->ConditionalBeginDestroy();
                    RoadNetworkGraphNode->RoadNetworkExpression = NULL;
                }

GraphEditor->ClearSelectionSet();
                GraphEditor->NotifyGraphChanged();

FBlueprintEditorUtils::RemoveNode(NULL, NodesToDelete[Index], true);
            }

RoadNetworkConfiguration->RebuildData();

GraphEditor->ClearSelectionSet();
            GraphEditor->NotifyGraphChanged();
            URoadNetworkGraph* Graph = Cast<URoadNetworkGraph>(RoadNetworkConfiguration->Graph);
            if(Graph) Graph->RebuildGraph();        
        }
    }

Comment

Originally posted by alex_lunix View Post

Hi, here is quick fix in file RoadNetworkEditor.cpp:
      So I am currently running this plugin via the personal license and do not see the RoadNetworkEditor.cpp file anywhere in my plugins folder. Would I need the source code to make said change? also thank you!

Comment

So I am currently running this plugin via the personal license and do not see the RoadNetworkEditor.cpp file anywhere in my plugins folder. Would I need the source code to make said change? also thank you!
        Yes, you need to edit sources.

Comment

Hello Sir,
          i am facing often crash problem while using road tool please help me

Comment

Originally posted by alex_lunix View Post

Yes, you need to edit sources.
            Can the developer please respond? It appears the plugin is broken in it's current state and being a paid product we cannot use it. Can you please make the appropriate fix and update the download section of the website? That or provide the code so we can make the change ourselves.

Please and thanks!

Comment

4.19 is out. Will it take two months again before the plugin is updated again? Because when 4.18 released, it took about 2 months and some days for this to be updated. I tried to recompile it for 4.19, but it just never works out for me.

Comment

Hi, is there a way to use socket created in 3dsmax, because for complex cross mesh is hard to find right position.
                Is it possible make cross mesh follow the landscape as road mesh, because now are all flat and I need to create cross section with slope.
                Thanks

Comment

Hi, please update this plugin to 4.19/ I really need to upgrade my project, but i can't, because this plugin is needed very badly.

Comment

Originally posted by gotgrassct View Post
                    Hi, please update this plugin to 4.19/ I really need to upgrade my project, but i can't, because this plugin is needed very badly.
                    Also, can you please implement the code fix mentioned in the folllowing response?: https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...99#post1430899

deleting nodes causes the editor to crash you lose your work, which makes it very frustrating to use this. I had to remove it from our project in it's current state. Nodes need to be able to be deleted, too many mistakes are made.. Please implement this fix when it is upgraded to 4.19. Thanks!

Comment

Also, can you please implement the code fix mentioned in the folllowing response?: https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...99#post1430899

deleting nodes causes the editor to crash you lose your work, which makes it very frustrating to use this. I had to remove it from our project in it's current state. Nodes need to be able to be deleted, too many mistakes are made.. Please implement this fix when it is upgraded to 4.19. Thanks!
                      These guys take MONTHS to upload, and NEVER talk to any of the community at all. Not even their own customers.

Comment

I wish they would give at least some update to let us know if they are still active and working on version update(s) for studio version. They dont reply to any friendly messages. UE4.19 have been up for 3months and hard to believe it would take that long to update the plugin unless there is some heavy additions coming. With source the update would take some minutes. 140 euros is quite a big investment. The plugin is definitely worth of it, but there also should be some basic support/info channel for that money. How they get more customers if not having the plugin up to date.

Partially using blueprints now, but the plugin would be the most handy.

Comment

Originally posted by SaOk View Post
                          I wish they would give at least some update to let us know if they are still active and working on version update(s) for studio version. They dont reply to any friendly messages. UE4.19 have been up for 3months and hard to believe it would take that long to update the plugin unless there is some heavy additions coming. With source the update would take some minutes. 140 euros is quite a big investment. The plugin is definitely worth of it, but there also should be some basic support/info channel for that money. How they get more customers if not having the plugin up to date.

Partially using blueprints now, but the plugin would be the most handy.
                          I 100% agree with you. I'd love to get the source code, but it's not worth the money, because even if it we're updated to 4.19, you'll still be getting crashes, and you'll still be missing tons of features and fixes.

SnappyRoads is a WAY better alternative. Doesn't use plugins, and is highly customizable. Only thing i wish it had was the RoadEditor's click on landscape to add roads, and the automatic intersection adding when you add a road to a new point, wich i think is awesome!

But SnappyRoads has more features than this, and the support is awesome. You should try it.

Comment

Yes, got the SnappyRoad which is very handy. Only bit worried if there is slow down in loadtimes when adding much pieces in open world, so mostly using it as extra/while testing own-made road piece meshes.

Comment

Yeah, when you add too much pieces to one blueprint, trying to move the splines is slowed down a lot. I am kind of frustrated with it, though. There are some features i wish it had.

Comment

Working...
                              X