No announcement yet.

Road Editor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We weren't able to get in contact with the Talos guys, so we bit the bullet and bought the Studio version.

The roads were too large to use in our game, so we shrank the static meshes by 50% to get a more realistic size (by editing the mesh, not in world editor because world editor way doesn't work). However, when you do that the "snap" or "attachment" points on the intersections and road transitions are off.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	RE5L9lU.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	305.6 KB
ID:	1127938

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

• You only scaled he mesh down, the game still thinks the assets are at normal size.

Comment

• Originally posted by JumpCheck ComMgt View Post
        We weren't able to get in contact with the Talos guys, so we bit the bullet and bought the Studio version.

The roads were too large to use in our game, so we shrank the static meshes by 50% to get a more realistic size (by editing the mesh, not in world editor because world editor way doesn't work). However, when you do that the "snap" or "attachment" points on the intersections and road transitions are off.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix it?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]140600[/ATTACH]

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
        Just open the Road Network Configuration file and edit the connection point's locations in there. It will attach to wherever they are located.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sitrec View Post
          Just open the Road Network Configuration file and edit the connection point's locations in there. It will attach to wherever they are located.
          Thanks for the heads up! I forwarded that on to the guys and they'll try that.

Comment

• Hi,

I just bought the studio version of the plugin because it allows packaging the project. However, packaging fails bc "UE4-RoadRuntime.lib" has not been found. Anyone else had the issue that the downloaded zip-archive does not contain the binaries?

Greetings,
            Florian

Comment

• Yeah i think i get that error too. I can't package my game with the plugin enabled. So what i do is i merged the roads, disable plugin, and package it like that. It's not convienient at ALL, but that's what i do. I suggest installing the first version, and than apply all the updates onto the first versions installation, instead of installing the new version right away.

Comment

• Is't possible to set collision layer to ignore special objects? I want to use this tool to make river..

Comment

• Pleaaaassseeee update to 4.16 please please please

Comment

• We need 4.16. Please

Comment

• I'd love to see a 4.16 update. Maybe address some of the crashing issues other people were talking about?

Comment

• It seems the author of this plugin is fairly slow to update to newer versions.
                        Last edited by Rallii; 07-08-2017, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• Anyone have any luck getting this to work with 4.16?

Comment

• Hey everyone. You may want to consider switching to this. We have had 0 response for months from the developer and we can't update the binaries without him...
                            https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...mple-Road-Tool

Comment

• This looks quite interesting.

Comment

• Very strange.. He updated it to 4.16 and didn't post a single thing anywhere. I just don't get this dev....

Comment

Working...
                                X