Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Looks interesting. Love the name of the blueprint - CrapSpawner

This is probably just a basic spline mesh component scaled at the end, which results in this pretty deformation I'll try to check it on some of the rocks provided by Epic in their examples.

This is what it looks like on the same cylinder.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This looks really useful!

Something I've been wondering about is the sort of object deformation you can see in this Hellblade dev diary (I mean the one that's shown at roughly 01:20):
    https://youtu.be/GvpD3eM9rJo?t=77

According to the video, it's done entirely in Blueprints. I assume it's also using splines somehow but I wouldn't have a clue how to go about creating something like this. Either way, it looks like it'd be really useful for organic environments.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic [ASSETS] Level Designer Art Tools

Level Designer Art Tools

Hey!

I'm working on small utility blueprints (and API in form of blueprint functions library with almost the same functionality) for level designers. I'm working on this in my spare time and starting this thread to gather some feedback and show my progress. My intention is to release this in Marketplace for small price at some point.

Overview

Instancer
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CircleShape.png
Views:	1
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	1168830 Click image for larger version

Name:	StackShape_5.png
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	1168831
    Procedurally places (spawns) meshes or actors in a predefined shapes adjustable with parameters. Supported shapes are stack and circle.

Stack parameters: number of instances on each axis, distance between instances on each axis
    Circle parameters: number of instances, axis (XY, XZ, YZ), radius, distance from the center, theta(degrees between instances) rotation application, forced rotation application(works in conjunction with theta rotation)

Meshes utilize instancing technology to save up on the performance. Instancer can spawn meshes that simulate physics, in this case they will not use instancing (this is possible, but requires engine source code changes). Instancer supports tracing for actors/mesh placement, identical to pressing "End" in editor viewport

Some features yet to implement: mesh variations support; start, middle, end meshes support; random rotation & location offsets within set range

Spline-driven instancer

Name:	SplineInstancer.png
Size:	531.6 KB
ID:	1168832
    Evenly distributes meshes/actors across the spline path. Instances count and distance between the instances can be automatically set and calculated of spline length and instances count and distance itself. Supports all features of Instancer as well, such as rotation defined by spline, custom rotation, trace-before-place, etc.

Spline deformable mesh

Name:	SplineDeformableMesh.png
Size:	560.6 KB
ID:	1168833
    Nothing fancy here. Simply mesh that is deformed along the spline. Possibilities only limited by your imagination.

Features list insn't final, I will be adding planned features upon their requirement for any of my ongoing projects.

I'd like to hear any feedback on it, if it will be useful, what should i add or change and everything else. Thank you
    Last edited by BiggestSmile; 12-18-2015, 02:18 PM.
Working...
X