PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [TOOL] PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D

------------------------------------------ PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D ------------------------------------------

Click image for larger version

Name:	UNREAL FIGHTER 2D MEDIUM SIZE.png
Views:	1
Size:	356.9 KB
ID:	1224549

Hello everyone, welcome to the Project: Unreal Fighter 2D thread!

I am a simple UE4 Dev that is currently working on a Template where people can create their own fighting games as easy as possible by using Unreal 4. This is a spiritual successor of fighting game engine called MUGEN but it's for everyone that worked on making games before, or never at all.

My current goal is to prepare a very detailed Template that people can create their own Fighting Game upon. For that I am creating the solutions for various things, such as input, combo creation, ability, collision, shadow, animation systems.

There are of course various small Engines for creating 2D fighting games, though I feel they are all limited and not open source to edit for your needs. Unlike those Engines, my template will be fully editable from head to toe, and you will be able to see what I have done inside to achieve what I have done so far. Since it's still Unreal 4 Engine deep inside, the limitations are no longer there! Plus, I am using Unreal's Blueprint module, aka visual scripting. As long as you know a little bit of how coding works, you will be able to understand what's going on. And I will have detailed explanation of every visual node and what they are doing, so you won't wonder "why is that there and why is this missing".

Once you understand the system, you will be able to change it with whatever way you prefer. You don't like the way I did the Input System? Change it! You don't like the way characters push/pull each other? Make your own! Add something that is not there? Go ahead!

The videos you will see below are just from the alpha version. More will come later and as progress is made!

------------------------------------------ Videos ------------------------------------------

There are many videos in my channel, but most are outdated. If you want to see everything, please check out my youtube channel!

https://www.youtube.com/user/AchilleosUDK

Here are the latest updates:

Attached Files
    Last edited by Achilleon; 06-28-2017, 10:15 AM.
    Fighting Game Template: PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D

Cool Videos, unfortunatley I can't watch the Battle System Progress here in Germany due to f*cking GEMA :/

Comment

Originally posted by Fortuna View Post
      Cool Videos, unfortunatley I can't watch the Battle System Progress here in Germany due to f*cking GEMA :/
      Owh. I didn't have warnings so I thought it was fine. I will put the video to dropbox so you can see it. When I come back from home that is.

Comment

Look super interesting cannot wait

Comment

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
          Look super interesting cannot wait
          Cheers for the support =)

Comment

when will u finish the 3d fighter, i want to make a 2.5d fighting game and i was waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by rock View Post
              when will u finish the 3d fighter, i want to make a 2.5d fighting game and i was waiting.
              I decided to leave 3d for now to focus on 2d. It is easier due to having 2d animations ready by using sprites so I can focus on the template itself. Sorry.

Comment

Wow, this is really well done! I am totally blown away with all of the features you've made. Please keep us updated
                Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
                How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
                Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

This is great! Too bad i didnt see this earlier, I love watching projects grow. Cant wait to see more

Comment

Do you intend on selling this on the marketplace?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
                      Wow, this is really well done! I am totally blown away with all of the features you've made. Please keep us updated
                      Thank you for the interest, I will as much as I can. ^_^

Originally posted by BTLRoach View Post
                      This is great! Too bad i didnt see this earlier, I love watching projects grow. Cant wait to see more
                      Thanks!

Do you intend on selling this on the marketplace?
                      Yes, this is the intention so far, ofcourse without the Capcom sprites. I will have to create my own sprites or hire an artist for it though.

Comment

Is there controller support?

Comment

Is there controller support?
                          Yes there is.

Currently for testing purposes both players are using the same keyboard. Though I do not see any limitations of controllers not working.
                          Last edited by Achilleon; 12-06-2015, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Hey, this is great work. I actually just got Unreal, and I'm planning to make a 2D arcade fighting game in the future. Is there any tips or anything I should know about using Unreal to make a game like this? Like I said, great stuff, hope the progress is steady.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBones View Post
                              Hey, this is great work. I actually just got Unreal, and I'm planning to make a 2D arcade fighting game in the future. Is there any tips or anything I should know about using Unreal to make a game like this? Like I said, great stuff, hope the progress is steady.
                              Howdy MisterBones!

Making a game like this does not sound as easy as it looks. It took at least 9 months for me to get to this point. Ofcourse it would be way easier if I was an experienced Dev. I just had to make maaaany tests to get which works better/perfect.

I will eventually release an early access when I am happy with the process (it's not far away) for people who are impatient about this. But it will work for what you are up to.

Comment

Working...
                              X