Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Is there somewhere I should start specifically, a tutorial or something? I just dont know where to begin, and I seriously doubt I can just wing it. I appreciate the words of encouragement though.

    Comment


    • #17
      I'm very interested in getting into an Early Access of this Project. Also one thing that I did not notice that you had sown in the videos is a Wall Bounce. Is there one in there yet or are you working on one?

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by MisterBones View Post
        Is there somewhere I should start specifically, a tutorial or something? I just dont know where to begin, and I seriously doubt I can just wing it. I appreciate the words of encouragement though.
        Uh.. that's the hardest part to answer.

        Personally I started off with finding a way to do a local multiplayer. Then I decided to work on movement and mostly on collision, like how could players push each other etc.

        It won't be easy, but in order to understand how things work, you have to cry abit of tears and blood combined. Give everything a try, and when I am done with the project, you can check my way of doing things if you prefer. ^_^
        Fighting Game Template: PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by MisterBones View Post
          Is there somewhere I should start specifically, a tutorial or something? I just dont know where to begin, and I seriously doubt I can just wing it. I appreciate the words of encouragement though.
          If your wanting a start with just making 2d Fighters in General I started with 2D Fighter Maker 2nd. Now this engine is dated but you can prototype stuff I have made full games with it before (Terrordrome). I was in the process myself of doing what Achilleon was with Unreal but my stuff ended up getting corrupted.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Achilleon View Post
            ------------------------------------------ QA Section ------------------------------------------

            Q: Wasn't this called Fighting Game Template? Why change name and thread?
            A:

            ....

            About Thread change, I didn't want it, but we can't change thread names and I wanted this to have a name rather than a "Oh it's a template okay" name.
            ....

            Q: Will the old thread be updated ever?
            A: Nope, this is the new one.
            You could ask Chance, Alex or one of the mods to change the title of your previous thread.

            They could then merge these two threads together.

            Losing all the history is not good.

            The videos you don't like, just supersede them.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by richardboegli View Post
              You could ask Chance, Alex or one of the mods to change the title of your previous thread.

              They could then merge these two threads together.

              Losing all the history is not good.

              The videos you don't like, just supersede them.
              Thank you for the information.
              Fighting Game Template: PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D

              Comment


              • #22
                hows the project going?

                Comment


                • #23
                  ---------- Update: 08.01.2016 ----------

                  - New Video: Here we have the moment of truth, Palette System!

                  Color System MK 3: I was still not happy with the fact of separating sprites in Photoshop, so me and Mr Dash (someone who teaches me material stuff) found another solution! Now separating sprites is a luxury that you can chose to do for clothing, weapons etc if you so desire. ^^

                  I am really tired so I can't really tell more. But the video explains more than enough as it's long! =)

                  Fighting Game Template: PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    The palette system looks great keep it up bro

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      So you're trying to convert people from Mugen to here, right? Those videos are very persuasive

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by DjGrave View Post
                        The palette system looks great keep it up bro
                        Thanks!

                        Originally posted by masterneme View Post
                        So you're trying to convert people from Mugen to here, right? Those videos are very persuasive
                        Yesssssss. Soon we will have an army of Fighting game creators! ROAR!

                        Or something. ^_^
                        Fighting Game Template: PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Here's hoping this becomes for Unreal what Universal Fighting Engine is for Unity. Keep up the good work man.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by polomos View Post
                            Here's hoping this becomes for Unreal what Universal Fighting Engine is for Unity. Keep up the good work man.
                            Thank you friend.

                            I sometimes check their channel but it doesn't seem like they update it. I don't like the fact that it's in Unity though. It means it's not open source, so meh.
                            Fighting Game Template: PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I just checked and apparently two versions of it come with open source code, but the problem is both cost around $200. They also mentioned something about making a version of it for Unreal on their website but I don't know if they even started working on that.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by polomos View Post
                                I just checked and apparently two versions of it come with open source code, but the problem is both cost around $200. They also mentioned something about making a version of it for Unreal on their website but I don't know if they even started working on that.
                                What I mean is the Unity engine itself. I don't like the way that you need to pay for important additional features etc too. The Engine itself is not free so it ain't really fun and games.

                                If I could do it, I wouldn't let a beginner to see -everything- I have done, just to make sure they dont confused. And if they wanted to progress, they could buy the full source code too. I am not against what the Universal Fighting Engine does, that's their decision after all.,

                                But hey, if they do one for Unreal, I could see where I am doing wrong too. ^_^
                                Fighting Game Template: PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X