No announcement yet.

A different kind of cel shader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entirely do-able! Most of this effect looks like it would be drawn from simplified assets with the cel shader used to tweak the look.

Comment

had no clue this was available in the marketplace. just picked it up. great work!
      Earthborn Interactive | Flutter Bombs | Blast Point

Comment

Excellent! Let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

I did just download the test pack from your github to check it out, however using the anime shader doesn't come near your screenshot in the initial post ;/ Could that be because of the big version gap from 4.5 to 4.9 or have you changed the shader since then?
          Just curious and thinkink of buying the pack! Great work whatsoever!

Screen: Click image for larger version

Name:	229baf92f1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	1087530

Edit: Sorry I havn't downloaded the 4.8.3 version. It now seems to work fine :>
          Last edited by Theololz; 09-13-2015, 08:07 AM.

Comment

The original screenshots are from a version similar to the one on github, but the old version is very out of date. Since then certain things have been vastly improved, such as depth handling and noise reduction, plus a bunch of new features that are now core to most of the presets. I did have a go at updating it but github's commit size limit was a problem, so it'll probably have to continue to be a prototype.

The current marketplace version can be made to look smoother than what you have above, let me know if you have any specific questions about it!

Comment

Hi there, I hate to dredge up an old thread but I can't seem to get your cel blendables to work with my particle system. It's a mesh based particle, outside of cascade it's blended but inside a particle system no blending. Is there a setting to enable this or is it not supported in UE4?

Thanks!

Comment

Hiya! No problem at all!

Are your particles using translucency? You can adjust how much cel shading passes through translucent surfaces from behind but that's it I'm afraid - if you want to cel shade translucent items themselves you need to switch to masked output.

Comment

Thanks so much, I was using transluscent materials. I have now banned them from my project. It's looking much better now thanks! Especially the collisions
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gRy...DtItoFNnOGfmF2

Though lots of work still to go. The stars which are an additive material seem to swallow up the particle lines. Lots of settings to play with now. Thanks!
                  Originally posted by Antidamage View Post
                  Hiya! No problem at all!

Are your particles using translucency? You can adjust how much cel shading passes through translucent surfaces from behind but that's it I'm afraid - if you want to cel shade translucent items themselves you need to switch to masked output.

Comment

Very nice! Is that a Vive game I see? Cool!

Comment

Thanks, yep it's a vive. Soo much fun. Hard to stop playing when testing now that I have the initial weapon working. I just hope my technical skills can live up to what I want this game to be.

Comment

Hey! Working on a cel-shaded and posterized platformer and would love to get my hands on this shader if this thread isn't dead.

Comment

Hey! The old version is still sitting in the github repo, you should be able to clone it and go from there.

Comment

Hello,

Is this plugin free? I thought I need buy it.

In github, there is it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nugu81 View Post
                              Hello,

Is this plugin free? I thought I need buy it.

In github, there is it.
                              The version in github is very old and doesn't have many of the features of the marketplace plugin. You're welcome to try the github version out and experiment or use it commercially, but you'll get far more out of the paid asset.

Comment

Working...
                              X