Skylands of Arnythos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Just wanted to say, this is heavy pre alpha stuff, first goal is to create a demo which will be based around the arena from the first screenshot, and with that we will start a crowd funding campaign , the demo will be designed to give players feel for the gameplay, the combat system, AI, etc.

Right now we are focusing on programming the base systems and such, and most of the environmental assets right now comes from various marketplace packages

Just wanted to add, this isn't the first large project I've worked on, nor is this my first game (it is my first game in unreal tho)
    Last edited by Sarr; 11-26-2015, 11:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well i highly assume that the pictures are pre WIP since they lack of a straight art style and overall design.
    And you guys need to start thinking about saving all these variables and levelstreaming instances for such a large world.
    And alos you guys would need some storydesigners and dialogue writers.

I do not think that 2 people cant make... since im trying something by far heavier on my own. But i doubt that you guys are prepared for this.
    I hope the story isnt the only thing you are proud of, its the actual gameplay that matters and in your case story and gameplay is a combined thing.

I would love to see a video of this!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey I really like your project and it's something I'd love to do myself (my dream game would be a cross between Skyrim and Witcher 2/3 ) and you've created some great content already however I feel the scenes you've shown ( 2 and 5 ) need more love. I played Skyrim for 20 hours before I realized it just felt pointless and shallow, while I've played hundreds of hours of The witcher games and it's largely because every detail in the world felt exact and purposeful. Obviously what you are showing is really early and you don't have all the content you need in place yet, but I'd recommend trying to tie together a few specific scenes with all the clutter and detail you'd like in the final game (or better yet, getting a concept artist to imagine these scenes) so you can establish an atmosphere and "feel" for the game.

The first screenshot almost has that level of detail but the others are lacking it and I'd say the buildings you have created are too square and uniform. The witcher 3 had a building in Novigrad which was falling over. A small detail, which could be missed by if you weren't paying attention, but it's a little detail that adds so much character to the world, especially when NPC's are talking about it and explaining why the building leaned over. I'd love to see some concept art for the game because your world maps look really interesting.

Obviously lots of work put into it and it sounds almost like my perfect RPG so I wish you the best of luck.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Makes me think of Bethesda games, looks like it will be good. Make sure to have lots of unlisted quests to be discovered!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    (reserved)

First Talking NPC:
    Last edited by Sarr; 01-12-2016, 12:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X