Skylands of Arnythos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Well i highly assume that the pictures are pre WIP since they lack of a straight art style and overall design.
    And you guys need to start thinking about saving all these variables and levelstreaming instances for such a large world.
    And alos you guys would need some storydesigners and dialogue writers.

I do not think that 2 people cant make... since im trying something by far heavier on my own. But i doubt that you guys are prepared for this.
    I hope the story isnt the only thing you are proud of, its the actual gameplay that matters and in your case story and gameplay is a combined thing.

I would love to see a video of this!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey I really like your project and it's something I'd love to do myself (my dream game would be a cross between Skyrim and Witcher 2/3 ) and you've created some great content already however I feel the scenes you've shown ( 2 and 5 ) need more love. I played Skyrim for 20 hours before I realized it just felt pointless and shallow, while I've played hundreds of hours of The witcher games and it's largely because every detail in the world felt exact and purposeful. Obviously what you are showing is really early and you don't have all the content you need in place yet, but I'd recommend trying to tie together a few specific scenes with all the clutter and detail you'd like in the final game (or better yet, getting a concept artist to imagine these scenes) so you can establish an atmosphere and "feel" for the game.

The first screenshot almost has that level of detail but the others are lacking it and I'd say the buildings you have created are too square and uniform. The witcher 3 had a building in Novigrad which was falling over. A small detail, which could be missed by if you weren't paying attention, but it's a little detail that adds so much character to the world, especially when NPC's are talking about it and explaining why the building leaned over. I'd love to see some concept art for the game because your world maps look really interesting.

Obviously lots of work put into it and it sounds almost like my perfect RPG so I wish you the best of luck.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Makes me think of Bethesda games, looks like it will be good. Make sure to have lots of unlisted quests to be discovered!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    (reserved)

First Talking NPC:
    Last edited by Sarr; 01-12-2016, 12:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic [GAME] Skylands of Arnythos

Skylands of Arnythos

Skylands of Arnythos is an open world third-person role playing game where the player is thrown into a world where a set of mystifying events occur, your goal as an Apprentice will be to piece together the meaning of the events and their significance within the world. The game play and the story changes depending on the player’s actions and the world will respond to the player’s decisions and behavior.

The game takes place in a world called “Aliaterra” which means "Other Land" in Latin. On a skyland called Arnythos. The skyland of Arnythos is divided into 3 Provinces, Una, Yira, and Nori. The prequel will take place in the province of Yira.

Click image for larger version

Name:	yira.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	234.7 KB
ID:	1167504 Click image for larger version

Name:	SoA_Map.jpg
Size:	202.5 KB
ID:	1167494

Features set

-Intriguing story line with a variety of quests to support the story
    -Large open world with dungeons, instances and cities
    -Extensive inventory, character, talent, equipment and combat systems
    -Unique user interface allowing easy selection of skills/items and consumables
    -Ability to create your own character
    -Unique class system allowing combination of multiple classes and their spells/skills into one.
    -Exploration rewards
    -Smart enemy AI
    -The Void

Playable classes

-Warrior
    -Scout
    -Mage
    The prototype will be limited to these, but full game would have 3 sub-classes for each major class

We take inspiration from the following titles:

-The Elder Scrolls series, most notably Skyrim
    -Dark Souls 2
    -World of Warcraft
    -Divinity 2
    -Kingdoms of Amalur
    -The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Early screenshots

Name:	SoA_Arena.jpg
Size:	653.8 KB
ID:	1167505

Name:	SoA_Gates.jpg
Size:	988.5 KB
ID:	1167568

Name:	SoA_Lake.jpg
Size:	643.5 KB
ID:	1167569

Name:	SoA_Menu.jpg
Size:	636.4 KB
ID:	1167572

Name:	SoA_Road.jpg
Size:	777.4 KB
ID:	1167570

Name:	SoA_Village.jpg
Size:	779.3 KB
ID:	1167571

Minimum requirements

Skyland of Arnythos is designed to run on mid-high end Windows based computers (DirectX 10 or higher required). Controller support will be added later on.

About us

Skylands of Arnythos is being developed by myself and Sarr. The original game design and core systems are all made by Sarr, while I primarily focus on visual effects and game play scripting as well as most of the upcoming graphic design work. We both basically met each other on the Unreal Engine marketplace, I've always been inspired by his vision for the game and I am excited to join him in the creation of Skylands of Arnythos!

Fully featured Blueprint versions of the systems used in the game are currently available on the marketplace, this is a great way to support us!
    Inventory and Equipment System
    Simple Multiplayer Chat System
    Spell Cast System
    Character Attribute System

You can find more screenshots and short videos on our Facebook page.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by timetravel; 11-26-2015, 11:28 PM.
Working...
X