X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minaosis' Playground - FREE Destructible Construction System - WIP

Hello Everyone. Thanks for visiting!

Overview v1.2 (08.Jan.2016)

Overview v1.4 (Mostly the same as v1.2 but with "Bob" as the new PlayerCharacter)

SneakPeak V1.6 (New Structures, New placing method, Crafting, Extended Inventory, New Textures, Overall BP improvements)

Spoiler

Deleted the old presentation text. Going to redo it to better fit the current direction

Download Links:

Playground Version 1.2: https://goo.gl/3Q9e9z

Playground Version 1.4: https://goo.gl/i2ibIj

Playground Version 1.6: SOON
    Last edited by Minaosis; 05-26-2016, 06:53 PM. Reason: Updating
    My Playground - Destructible Building System - Procedural Mesh Landscape Editor - Procedural Animation - WIP (OpenSource)

Cool ! Looking good !

Comment

Just want to announce that I decided to share this project and make it free.

When exactly depends on how long it takes to add and fix some stuff. Probably this weekend

@darkZ: thanks
      Last edited by Minaosis; 11-13-2015, 04:58 PM.
      My Playground - Destructible Building System - Procedural Mesh Landscape Editor - Procedural Animation - WIP (OpenSource)

Comment

Replaced the Demo Download Link with the whole Project. Download it for free now
        Should work with 4.9 and 4.10

You wont see big differences visually but its now much more userfriendly and easier to integrate.
        I moved the Main Logic to an BlueprintComponent. So when migrating you just have to bind the Controls.
        Replacing or adding Meshes should be pretty easy once you spend a little time with the project.

In this video you can see the automatic saving and the new manual method used to translate the Meshes.
        Also some new testing Meshes to Build Castles.
        https://youtu.be/flZkV6Nb37E

Hope it can be usefull to some people. If you have any Questions or you want to contribute to the development, send me a pm

Greetings

Comment

I love destruction.. I seriously do. Cannot wait to see more

Comment

There will be more.

Btw if a Mod reads this. could you please adjust the Thread title so people immediately see that its free?

Comment

Thanks man love toys.
              Check out my fighting component https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ting-Component

Comment

i'd just like to thank you for this

Comment

little Preview

Began to experiment with Physics Constraints for vehicles, siege weapons, etc.
                  I will try to fully implement the basics till next week.

Preview

Its not shown in the Video but you can now harvest trees and rocks. There's an inventory that will be extended and a simple crafting system that will be added.

Comment

Looks fun! It's a clever trick to replace instanced meshes with destructibles only when projectile approaches it.
                    Regarding taking into account pieces which stand on top of other pieces. Medieval Engineers use voxels for this kind of calculations, it's not necessary per see but makes it much easier to notify object if their neighbor object collapsed and check if it should effect them somehow. Sparse octree voxel structure for storing and processing buildings can be a good start, unfortunately most of the articles that you can find are focused more on efficient rendering than efficient interaction between blocks.
                    Good luck with siege machines! Setting up constraints can tricky, this might help: http://docs.nvidia.com/gameworks/con...al/Joints.html
                    there are some tips at the end of the page.
                    Youtube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by BoredEngineer View Post
                      Looks fun! It's a clever trick to replace instanced meshes with destructibles only when projectile approaches it.
                      Regarding taking into account pieces which stand on top of other pieces. Medieval Engineers use voxels for this kind of calculations, it's not necessary per see but makes it much easier to notify object if their neighbor object collapsed and check if it should effect them somehow. Sparse octree voxel structure for storing and processing buildings can be a good start, unfortunately most of the articles that you can find are focused more on efficient rendering than efficient interaction between blocks.
                      Good luck with siege machines! Setting up constraints can tricky, this might help: http://docs.nvidia.com/gameworks/con...al/Joints.html
                      there are some tips at the end of the page.
                      Hey thanks for the link and your Tank project. Didnt have much time to look into it yet but it feels nice to drive them.

Im not using voxels because I dont have the skills to do so (yet). Would be great to have completely destructible environments though^^
                      About the destruction. I can think of 2 different methods to fake it one of them is easy to implement but performance would suffer alot. The other requires more work but would work more efficient.
                      Anyway its way more fun messing around with constraints now

Comment

Hey
                        little Peek what I'm working on.

Just Blueprints btw.

Working with Physics Constraints and making them NOT go crazy is a huge pain in the a**
                        So I wasn't motivated to continue working on this Project till I found out about Procedural Meshes 2 days ago. https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...esh/index.html

Comment

that's pretty cool, nicely done

Comment

That was great!

Comment

i like it soooo much ,,, thanks for sharing

Comment

Working...
                              X