ArtStation - Portfolio

Comment

I want this in UE4
      pd: excuse my english.

lfw/paid modeling, painting, texturing.

Comment

Suggestions

I just stumbled across this myself and may I just say WOW

@Ehamloptiran Just a couple of suggestions for research purposes; I would suggest looking into GMH2 Polygon to Maya Hair and Joe Alter's Shave8 in regards to tool sets and workflow research. They could either help you when designing your in-editor tools or just help you with and later others in preparing the hair pre-UE4-import before your plugin comes into play

EDIT: I would suggest also looking at some of the tools Black Desert Online (MMO)'s character creation system has to offer for a good point of reference of in-engine/game interaction with hair, etc.

Moreover,
        Originally posted by Ehamloptiran View Post
        UPDATE

Current simulation code complete except for Collisions:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzq...it?usp=sharing
        For future presentations I would suggest enabling bShowFrameRateAndMemory under Edit>Editor Preferences>Misc which used to be enabled by default back in the UE4 Beta aka Rocket days. I don’t know why it is disabled now by default, perhaps to cater to a more basic/minimalist UI.

Bonus: How to enable in-editor recording via editor UI button which works similarly to Xbox One's "Record that" functionality i.e. it constantly records your session, saves to cache and if the button is pressed it saves the output of the last 30 seconds I believe to /../../MyProject/Videos. Very handy for doing QA work when testing your code, etc. on your project/s.

Without further ado,
        https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...tton-be-m.html
        Last edited by BenjaminDSmithy; 12-18-2014, 10:44 AM.
        Regards,
        Benjamin D. Smith

Founder & CEO | Binary Sword Pty Ltd
        Currently working on: ODIN Tracker (UE4 Plugin)

Comment

Hair-Plugin

Hello Ehamloptiran,
          when have you planned to publish your Hair-Plugin?
          Kind regards,
          Andreas

Comment

so, any up-dates on this

Comment

You cannot assume this will be released. He may be able to finish and publish it or maybe he may not...
              Not a simple task to implement things like this.
              | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Hey Ehamloptiran,

this looks really outstanding! I hope you're finding the time to continue working on this as it would push the Unreal Engine one important step towards photorealism.
                I'm really impressed with the result so far and would love to get my hands on it, even if it's still having performance issues.

All the best,
                Felix

Comment

I'm with Felix the Golden Tricycle, waiting for an update on whether your still alive or not Ehamloptiran, please let us know how your progress has been at least.

Take Care,
                  David

Comment

Ehamloptiran, mate, your work is great! Amazing work.

Comment

This powerpoint doc was posted on AMD's presentation page for this year's GDC and has lots of stuff on how they're handling next-gen hair for the Deus Ex franchise.

Here's the page with all their GDC presentations.

Comment

Hello Ehamloptiran,
                        when have you planned to publish your Hair-Plugin?
                        Kind regards,
                        Andreas

Comment

Hello,
                          is there no chance to get this Hair-Plugin for Unreal 4?
                          Kind regards,
                          Andreas

Comment

Hello!

I found this thread read it through and noticed that your estimated time of releace would be 2-4 month of this year, and now it is 5.
                            Thus i would see it would be polite to atleast inform other community members if the developement is still ongoing, and we should just patiently wait.

I normaly don't post on forums, as english is not my native language, and espesialy on this kind of forum, as 'about everyone knows more about anything going on here than me.
                            BUT This is a feature that i would realy appreciate to see in UE4, thus i posted to ask if you are still alive.

Best regards,
                            Aqua

Comment

I second this inquiry. Hair is one of the fewest phenomenon to get right in computer graphics. Your realtime solution will be very useful in ue4.

Give us the latest on the developments please?

Comment

Hello All,
                                It seems as though the man the legend Ehamloptiran, for whatever reason, has stopped his work on the project. I'm gonna try to finish what he started, bare in mind that Ehamloptiran was/is and will be for a long time, much better at both unreal engine and directx programming than I am. I hope I can reach his level one day, but for now I'm just gonna pump this out. I've already produced a plugin for blender that creates custom tressfx hair files; I hope in the next couple weeks to get a rendering result of tressfx files.

Comment

Working...
                                X