Hair Rendering Simulation test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ehamloptiran View Post
    I probably still have some code sitting somewhere with isoline tessellation added. When I was originally using NVidia's hair rendering code. I could probably clean that up and submit a PR if you think it would help.
    Definitely! I can't promise we will take it without looking at the code of course but we are definitely interested in that feature. We have so many things to work on and limited time to do them. Our artists really want it but I haven't gotten time to get to it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Karis View Post
      Our artists really want it
      i really really want it too.
      who care?

Comment

Wow! That looks awesome!

Comment

This is amazing, any news on that op? ;]

Comment

Originally posted by Fe View Post
            This is amazing, any news on that op? ;]
            Yes there is news, no screenshots to share at this time, we have been working on this for a while now, Im currently in the process of updating to 4.5 and cleaning up some of the bugs and such, another developer has been working on getting the hair working with skeletal meshes, so skinned hair instances, and has been making massive progress in that area. Im hoping once all these changes have come through I can show some screenshots of it in action.
            FluidSurface Plugin: https://github.com/Ehamloptiran/UnrealEngine/releases
            TextureMovie Plugin: https://github.com/Ehamloptiran/TextureMoviePlugin

Comment

Have you decided to stick with TressFX or have you switched over to Nvidia's HairWorks?

Twitter - @TheCSilverman

Ancient Cistern | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 1 | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 2 | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 3 | Texture Pack Ed. 1 | Container Pack Ed. 1 | Road Sign Pack Ed. 1

Comment

Sticking with TressFX, now working with an AMD Developer. NVIDIA never got back to me in regards to if I had been accepted or not accepted into the closed beta (One can assume that means not accepted)

Comment

That's amazing news, wish you the best on your work ;]

Comment

Sticking with TressFX, now working with an AMD Developer. NVIDIA never got back to me in regards to if I had been accepted or not accepted into the closed beta (One can assume that means not accepted)
                    Don't know much about TressFX; is it written in OpenCL?
                    Last edited by ImmortalEmperor; 10-29-2014, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalEmperor View Post
                      Don't know much about TressFX; is it written in open OpenCL?
                      No just DX and Compute Shaders, it uses nothing specific to either vendor. I am getting great performance on both AMD and Nvidia cards.

Comment

Yes there is news, no screenshots to share at this time, we have been working on this for a while now, Im currently in the process of updating to 4.5 and cleaning up some of the bugs and such, another developer has been working on getting the hair working with skeletal meshes, so skinned hair instances, and has been making massive progress in that area. Im hoping once all these changes have come through I can show some screenshots of it in action.
                        This is awesome!! really really looking forward to see more and having this to work with skeletal meshes would be amazing! wish you guys the best of luck working on this. Cheers
                        Character Artist @Ninja Theory

Comment

No just DX and Compute Shaders, it uses nothing specific to either vendor. I am getting great performance on both AMD and Nvidia cards.
                          "Technically" OpenCL should run on either vendor. I've been working only in CUDA for Uni though, its cool to see the other parallel programming alternatives. Hows the debugging with Compute Shaders?

Comment

Oh? Try doing it with an afro and then you'll earn my love .

But seriously, this is really awesome, good luck with your future endeavors!

Comment

Ohhh man, this will be really nice. Good subsurface, hair and clothing all together will be a blast for making really top notch characters.
                              Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Great work on the soft lighting!
                                Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-Source)

Comment

Working...
                                X