No announcement yet.

Hair Rendering Simulation test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@GalaxyMan2015 - That looks amazing! Awesome work man.
    Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

@GalaxyMan2015 awesome work. We really need AMD to take a look and see that their tech is needed and demanded. So I hope they release TressFX 3.0 thus we can benefit from its new features.

Comment

Originally posted by Nudlegaru View Post
        @GalaxyMan2015 awesome work. We really need AMD to take a look and see that their tech is needed and demanded. So I hope they release TressFX 3.0 thus we can benefit from its new features.
        Exactly! So many great features mentioned in the GDC slides back in March.
        ArtStation - Portfolio

Comment

I would love to get my hands on TressFX 3.0. Hopefully someone from AMD see's this thread, I'd be more than happy to integrate 3.0
          NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
          Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

That would rule, and be a nice spotlight on AMD's tech (hint hint).
            Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

So... He really did disappear; I seen things like this happen many, many, times. Pity.
              | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

i cant get hairworks simulated like in this thread... i tried everything... hope Galaxy can get this done, i think tressFX looks better right now

Comment

Huh, he vanished, huh? Well. Glad you're picking this up, Galaxyman.

I'm in the process of creating a fairly high-end character model, that's going to have hair, i'l have to see how to edit said hair for TressFX, afterwards, I'd be happy to share. I was actually looking at the HairWorks progress to see what kind of presentation I was going for, and if multi-light support was already in.
                  my site: www.nikidebakker.nl
                  Or here: https://www.artstation.com/artist/kettun
                  I'm looking for work. Character work. you can contact me anywhere

Comment

Ditto Kettun. It'll be interesting to see which option will give the best results, Epic's proprietary hair solution, HairWorks or TressFX. Either way UE4 is in desperate need of a production ready solution for hair!
                    ArtStation - Portfolio

Comment

I tried asking in AMD's TressFX QA yesterday but basically got a non-answer (last post).

https://community.amd.com/thread/190475

3.0 is also soon. Don't vanish on us GalaxyMan2015!

Comment

Originally posted by UntamedLoli View Post
                        I tried asking in AMD's TressFX QA yesterday but basically got a non-answer (last post).

https://community.amd.com/thread/190475

3.0 is also soon. Don't vanish on us GalaxyMan2015!
                        I dont plan to, thanks for linking the QA session, I have emailed AMD in regards to TressFX 3.0 and UE4. So lets see what they have to say.

Comment

The response I got was expanded on, sounds interesting!

I saw the initial work from Ehamloptiran on the Unreal Engine 4 forums. Jason (who works in my team) provided some initial help. I’m definitely interested to see TressFX integrated into UE4 and I hope to be able to share news related to this type of initiative in a near-future announcement.

- Nick

Comment

Originally posted by UntamedLoli View Post
                            The response I got was expanded on, sounds interesting!
                            Yep, I was told about that the other day. I am currently talking to AMD about integrating TressFX, not sure how much more I can say at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                              Yep, I was told about that the other day. I am currently talking to AMD about integrating TressFX, not sure how much more I can say at this time.
                              Good luck with it! I know a lot of people want a hair solution including me and my friend.

Comment

hope you are getting hands on it, you will make it work fantastic as always

Comment

Working...
                                X