No announcement yet.

Hair Rendering Simulation test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think it's because Nvidia is working on implementing Hairworks "https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?53735-NVIDIA-GameWorks-Integration&highlight=nvidia" and he does not want to get both hairworks and amd tressfx in the same time, and by the way hairworks is coming in 1month if not in 2weeks see the thread

Comment

is this done with?
      Interested in having someone review your game? want to do an interview on it?

This check out this website.

Working on a game as well.

Comment

Does anyone have some unified solution working on both Nvidia and AMD ?

Comment

Hi guys!
          Trying to check https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post298713.
          It is NVidia HairWorks.

Comment

Originally posted by Galeon View Post
            Does anyone have some unified solution working on both Nvidia and AMD ?
            Unlike Nvidia's Gameworks "Tress FX" is just a buzzword for a set of vendor neutral hair rendering techniques that AMD has put out papers on and will help developers implement if they want. What's shown above is literally just based on AMD's freely published whitepapers and isn't officially from AMD. Unfortunately I guess this project by itself is done with.

Comment

Recently I found status changed for hair/fur rendering, from wishlist/backlog (blue) to May|June|July (orange/red/purple) in UE4 roadmap: https://trello.com/c/IlsnH7Yl/25-hair-fur-shading
              Unfortunately, there was no description about it. Is it meant to be neutral vendor for hair/fur rendering? kind of UE4 built-in hair/fur rendering? If epic is able to keep on their schedule, so we should wait no longer then. Thank you Epic!

Comment

Hi Ehamloptiran, I'm going crazy to create a realistic hair as you have sent, I think what you've done with treesfx, I would like to know how to add it to my engine unreal, I have the Hairworks but I can not collisions or a physical good. a greeting thank you very much

Comment

Seeing this thread again I really wonder what happened to Ehamloptiran. He has suddenly been radio silent for almost half a year now.
                  Last edited by The_Distiller; 08-21-2015, 01:22 PM.
                  ArtStation - Portfolio

Comment

It would be nice if he would release even a partially done version of the plugin so it can be finished by the community if need be.

Comment

Just use the HairWorks build of the engine on GitHub, it actually works well even in it's current preview state.

Twitter - @TheCSilverman

Ancient Cistern | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 1 | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 2 | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 3 | Texture Pack Ed. 1 | Container Pack Ed. 1 | Road Sign Pack Ed. 1

Comment

Originally posted by CharlestonS View Post
                        Just use the HairWorks build of the engine on GitHub, it actually works well even in it's current preview state.
                        But HairWorks doesn't perform well on AMD graphics hardware.

Comment

AMD graphics, eewww

But honestly AMD GPUs don't handle tessellation well in general compared to Nvidia GPUs which is the main reason HairWorks runs badly on them along with the fact that AMD driver updates usually lag in updated efficiency support for new rendering techniques.

Even AMD's own TressFX ran faster on my Nvidia system with dual 560TIs than it did on an AMD R9 test system i use - TressFX 2.0 though is supposed to be much improved over 1.0 so we'll see what happens.

Have you testing out AMD's TressFX on your system yet to see how that performs?

Originally posted by Almo2001 View Post
                          Last edited by CharlestonS; 09-10-2015, 04:57 PM.

Twitter - @TheCSilverman

Ancient Cistern | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 1 | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 2 | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 3 | Texture Pack Ed. 1 | Container Pack Ed. 1 | Road Sign Pack Ed. 1

Comment

Originally posted by Almo2001 View Post
                            There are some settings that can be adjusted to give better performance at the cost of more aliasing on the hair strands, which seems to help on AMD cards.
                            Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Since I see this thread popup from time to time, I can see that there is an interest in TressFX working for UE4. So I've decided to pickup this project, as I take it Ehamloptiran is not coming back. So far I have obtained TressFX 2.0 and have read through how Ehamloptiran implemented it, and have began my own implementation in 4.9.

This will not be able to be a plugin, so I will share my partial implementation once I have it actually showing something on my github, where people can help contribute. What I would really like help with at this time, is the creation of test hair assets, so if you feel like contributing and have an artistic flair, let me know.
                              NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                              Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Here is what I have so far, a very unstable version working in 4.9 (DX11 and DX12). Single shadow from directional light, single instance only, and very crash happy. Need to refactor a large amount of the code, after I have done that and reduced the crashing, I will release the code:

[shot]http://i.imgur.com/3qanvlA.jpg[/shot]
                                NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
                                Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Working...
                                X