X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    AI Crowd Following / Clumping Solution For Following Way Points

Dear Community,

In this video I first demonstrate the problem of units clumping while trying to follow my C++ waypoint system, when using only the stock path following component code.

Then I show you how they behave after I implemented my solution!

My basic algorithm is:

1. Identify when hitting a friendly who is also following waypoints (I use NotifyHit in C++, you'd use Event Hit in BP).

2. Between the two units who are colliding, 1 needs to become the yielder

3. Need to make sure dont have 2 yielders or no yielders

4. Need to make sure the yielder is consistent, ie, doesnt keep switching back and forth with each collision

5. Yielder moves out of the way

Also,

6. If hit a friendly on the way to a nav point and speed gets reduced too low (basically stopped), then pick a different way point, as the idea is to spread out and evenly cover the way points!

I explain more in the video!

Enjoy!

Rama
    Last edited by Rama; 11-30-2015, 01:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    awesome work rama

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Rama Teaches Winged Snake to Climb Stairs, FABRIK Anim Node and UE4 C++

Dear Community,

I just finished teaching a winged snake to climb stairs and slither over landscapes, with a proper looking tail that is almost 3x its height!

In the video I show you both the Animation Blueprint and the UE4 C++ Code that I used to accomplish this!

Enjoy the video!

Rama

Link to Share this on Twitter
    https://twitter.com/ue4code/status/667707321435471872

Last edited by Rama; 11-20-2015, 10:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
    Either way, it's awesome. Fantastic work!
    Thanks SE_JonF!

Rama

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rama View Post
    Hi there SE_JonF!

Is there a feature you'd like to see added? At the moment the UE4 replay system seems quite powerful to me! Just as long as you code your whole game for multiplayer
    Hey Rama! Nothing in particular I suppose. Though it reminded me of the Halo playback so I was curious if it would have features such as forward, rewind, record, pause, etc. I saw the command to speed up gameplay and slow it down in your demonstration. Either way, it's awesome. Fantastic work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Rama making a game!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Victory Game Tessellating Landscape

Dear Community,

I just added a tessellating landscape to my level!

Enjoy the pics!

Rama

PS: I highly recommend right clicking the image and opening in new tab to get the full effect

Click image for larger version

Name:	VictoryGameProg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	402.5 KB
ID:	1093148

Click image for larger version

Name:	VictoryGameProg2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	363.6 KB
ID:	1093149

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's so cool Rama, nice work! The compact file size is incredible. =) Any plans to add more features to the system?
    Hi there SE_JonF!

Is there a feature you'd like to see added? At the moment the UE4 replay system seems quite powerful to me! Just as long as you code your whole game for multiplayer

Originally posted by _cDub View Post
    How well is the physics replication? In my game I have multiplayer physics handles, but just a tiny bit of lag and it looks horrible.
    Nice to hear from you!

I use custom handling for physics replication when I need it:

Here's my thread where I demonstrate replication of physics-simulating player controlled balls, client and server, with simulated lag

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...lating-Physics!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How well is the physics replication? In my game I have multiplayer physics handles, but just a tiny bit of lag and it looks horrible.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's so cool Rama, nice work! The compact file size is incredible. =) Any plans to add more features to the system?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UE4's Programmatic Gameplay Recording System!

Dear Community,

In these two videos I am demonstrating how you can use UE4's programmatic game recording system to full replays of your game that record at tiny file sizes!

The core of the matter is that your entire game needs to be coded for multiplayer, everything that you want to see in the recording needs to replicate.

Also, my game has a lot of custom character movements like a jumping sword spin and a roll, and for these sort of custom character movements you will need a c++ custom character movement component.

But check out the results in these videos!

Using Ue4's demo net driver recording system you can create ultra-small replay files for your game that look great.

No need to use Fraps, and as a result you can record really long play sessions using this system!

Video 1: UE4's Gameplay Recording System!

~~~

Video 2: UE4 Gameplay Recording of Moving Platforms, Exploding Buttons, and LASERS!

~~~

If you'd like me to help you make the UE4 Gameplay Recording system (Demo net driver) work with your game, send me a PM

Have fun today!

Rama
    Last edited by Rama; 11-09-2015, 06:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Pretty cool stuff Rama, nice work. =)
    Thanks SE_JonF! Nice to hear from you!

Rama

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Pretty cool stuff Rama, nice work. =)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KitatusStudios View Post
    I'd say this looks awesome but I think that's a little too obvious! Really mind-blowing stuff here Rama; GG as always!
    Thanks Ryan!

~~~

Originally posted by Ixiguis View Post
    Great work!

I assume you're doing client-side hit verification?
    That's the basic idea although it is a little more complicated than that, I am going to release some more videos soon as I get more time!

~~~

Originally posted by TK-Master View Post
    Awesome as always Rama!

Are you adding your melee plugin to the marketplace?
    In process, in the meantime you can learn more about my melee plugin here or PM me!

http://ue4code.com/melee_weapon_syst...ision_accuracy

~~~

Originally posted by Kris View Post
    Awesome, as usual.

The melee plugin looks as if it will take care of an issue we hit a while ago - swept collisions for rotating shapes.
    Yup! Handling rotation and scaling of the physics asset physX shapes was actually the hardest part of my plugin, other than making an entirely BP-only user-friendly interface using C++ to Blueprint event delegates

Although another handy feature is being able to choose which individual sub-shapes of the physics asset you want to trace with and which you want to ignore!

~~~

Have fun today everyone!

Rama
    Last edited by Rama; 10-27-2015, 02:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Mmm, in theory, this could work for an mmo type of game where you have a dedicated server and many clients connecting to it as well, but it seems that the client is processing the majority of the physics, which, would be bad if that was client side (physics hacking for one).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X