Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rama View Post
    Hi there SE_JonF!

Is there a feature you'd like to see added? At the moment the UE4 replay system seems quite powerful to me! Just as long as you code your whole game for multiplayer
    Hey Rama! Nothing in particular I suppose. Though it reminded me of the Halo playback so I was curious if it would have features such as forward, rewind, record, pause, etc. I saw the command to speed up gameplay and slow it down in your demonstration. Either way, it's awesome. Fantastic work!

Simulacrum Game | Play The Alpha | Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
      Either way, it's awesome. Fantastic work!
      Thanks SE_JonF!

Rama
      UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

♥ Rama

Comment

Rama Teaches Winged Snake to Climb Stairs, FABRIK Anim Node and UE4 C++

Dear Community,

I just finished teaching a winged snake to climb stairs and slither over landscapes, with a proper looking tail that is almost 3x its height!

In the video I show you both the Animation Blueprint and the UE4 C++ Code that I used to accomplish this!

Enjoy the video!

Rama

Link to Share this on Twitter
        https://twitter.com/ue4code/status/667707321435471872

Last edited by Rama; 11-20-2015, 10:22 AM.
        UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

♥ Rama

Comment

awesome work rama
          My Marketplace Items

My Website

My Unreal Games

Comment

AI Crowd Following / Clumping Solution For Following Way Points

Dear Community,

In this video I first demonstrate the problem of units clumping while trying to follow my C++ waypoint system, when using only the stock path following component code.

Then I show you how they behave after I implemented my solution!

My basic algorithm is:

1. Identify when hitting a friendly who is also following waypoints (I use NotifyHit in C++, you'd use Event Hit in BP).

2. Between the two units who are colliding, 1 needs to become the yielder

3. Need to make sure dont have 2 yielders or no yielders

4. Need to make sure the yielder is consistent, ie, doesnt keep switching back and forth with each collision

5. Yielder moves out of the way

Also,

6. If hit a friendly on the way to a nav point and speed gets reduced too low (basically stopped), then pick a different way point, as the idea is to spread out and evenly cover the way points!

I explain more in the video!

Enjoy!

Rama
            Last edited by Rama; 11-30-2015, 01:57 AM.

♥ Rama

Comment

Working...
            X