No announcement yet.

Augmented Reality for UE4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you, but i did that allready. It worked before,... the problem seems to be the "target sdk version"in the project settings. If you use 9 it launches allright, but when 26 (needed for google play), the launch failes. I have absolutely no clue how to fix this!

Comment

Hi everyone,

A collegue and I purchased the personnal license of the plugin. Seems to work fine except if you ask for a better resolution for the camera (even if it's still in 4:3) but that's not the main problem. My question, How can I add NFT Markers (generate the fset iset ans so on files) ?

Best regards,

Alexandre

Comment

Hi,

To create a new NFT dataset you need to use a utility called GenTexData.exe. You can find it in the ARToolkit framework.

ARToolkit 5.4 download:
        https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/a....0-Windows.zip

More info and details are on this link:
        https://github.com/artoolkitx/artool...ng-NFT-markers
        AR plugin for UE4
        AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
        Red Alert 2 VR remake
        Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Code plugins needs to be compiled before deployment, and you can only compile for iPhone on a Mac.
          AR plugin for UE4
          Red Alert 2 VR remake
          Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Originally posted by AdamHorvath View Post
            Code plugins needs to be compiled before deployment, and you can only compile for iPhone on a Mac.
            oh no, so i cannot use the windows project to package for IOS. Because its not 100% blueprint, but also c++? In that case i need a mac and get my whole project on the mac in order to launch the game in the apple playstore? Gee , i never ever worked with apple,.. is it possible to copy paste the whole project on a mac? I hope so, but i dont think so.

Comment

I did that before with my advanced demo project and worked without any problems.

Originally posted by wontonanimalchin View Post

.. is it possible to copy paste the whole project on a mac? I hope so, but i dont think so.
              AR plugin for UE4
              Red Alert 2 VR remake
              Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hi Adam, is your plug-in working on IOS 12 beta and ipad?
                thank you
                ADL

Comment

Hi,

It should work! You can test a pre-compiled demo app on your device.

Check out the link below:
                  https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/unreal4ar/id1208939953

Originally posted by ADL67 View Post
                  Hi Adam, is your plug-in working on IOS 12 beta and ipad?
                  thank you
                  ADL
                  AR plugin for UE4
                  Red Alert 2 VR remake
                  Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hi everyone,

I am pleased to announce the latest version of the plugin!

AR Plugin V1.12 - 2018-07-23

- Updated for Unreal Engine v4.20
                    - Plugin compatibility fix
                    - Minor bugfixes

Available on http://ar.uplugins.com !

In case you have already purchased the plugin you can download the latest version from your account:
                    http://ar.uplugins.com/my-account

If you did not create a user during the checkout process send me any email with your # order id to info@uplugins.com and I'll send you a new link.
                    AR plugin for UE4
                    Red Alert 2 VR remake
                    Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hi Adam,

Is it possible to remove the plugin from my project and add again cleanly?

Comment

Hi,

Yes it's possible!

1. Delete YOUR_PROJECT\Plugins\ARToolkitPlugin\
                        2. Copy the new files from the latest release to the same directory.
                        3. Recompile

You may also need to check your content directory, but the easiest way is to copy / overwrite plugin contents too.

Originally posted by jakwarne View Post
                        Hi Adam,

Is it possible to remove the plugin from my project and add again cleanly?
                        AR plugin for UE4
                        Red Alert 2 VR remake
                        Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hello again AdamHorvath

Do you think it's possible to have the markers on the corner of a table to form a plane and maybe a central marker to spawn the model, so I can get a very solid tracking for an object on a table, even when the main marker is not visible?

So let's say I need to spawn a tall object like a Tower Block. If I decide to move the camera upwards I will loose the marker and therefore the object will disappear.
                          On a previous post (https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...02#post1451102), you mentions that it was possible to display the object on their last known position. How is that done?

Thanks.

LinkedIn | fabianofriedrich
                          RevEngLab | www.revenglab.com
                          TZERO Architecture | www.tzero.org

Comment

Another thing, just to separate my posts here:

The damnedest thing, I can package a projet just fine to iOS but cannot Launch it via the editor.
                            Launching gets stuck on either "Init webcam error" OR gets stuck on the splash screen.
                            Thoughts?

UE4.20.1, Xcode 9.4.1

LinkedIn | fabianofriedrich
                            RevEngLab | www.revenglab.com
                            TZERO Architecture | www.tzero.org

Comment

Originally posted by wontonanimalchin View Post
                              thank you, but i did that allready. It worked before,... the problem seems to be the "target sdk version"in the project settings. If you use 9 it launches allright, but when 26 (needed for google play), the launch failes. I have absolutely no clue how to fix this!
                              Did you find a solution for this? I'm having the exact same problem. The camera works when using target sdk 21 but does not work when using target sdk 26 to meet the Google Play Store requirements. I too have already made the path change from "/obb/" to /Android/obb/".

Comment

I have narrowed the problem down to the permission changes in Android SDK 23+. If I go into settings -> apps -> myapp -> permissions and enable both the camera and storage, then my app will load and the camera works. I tried to request android.permission.CAMERA and android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE at runtime using the Request Android Permission blueprint node before ARToolKit Component Init inside of the ARToolkitBaseAdvanced blueprint, I get a white screen until i restart the app at which point everything works correctly. I'm guessing I need to call the permission request even earlier but I'm not sure where to put it or if it needs to be done somewhere in code.

AdamHorvath, any ideas on how to solve this?

Comment

Working...
                                X