Augmented Reality for UE4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 章然 View Post
    Why it still crash on my computer using the latest version,is that because I don't have the webcam?
    Thank you for your valuable feedback!
    Yes, you need a webcam to use the plugin.

On the other hand, I'll add an error check for situations like that.
    AR plugin for UE4
    AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
    Red Alert 2 VR remake
    Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

I tested it again on a computer with the webcam,and it worked!I am very appreciate for your research in AR of Unreal.You are the pioneer in that field.

Comment

I am trying this plugin on my laptop that has a working integrated webcam but to no avail. Is there any kind of setting or parameters to define before trying to use it, in order to get the web cam feed in the editor or is it just my cam that is not compatible with the plugin? How can I know? I tried to do a step by step launch in the blueprint but the results were not really conclusive.
        I am quite new to unreal and haven't had much time to play with it unfortunately, so I apologize if it is a trivial question.
        Thank for your work any way

Comment

I've made a cool demo featuring real time shadows and object manipulation.

Demo features:

- Real time camera tracking / alignment
          - Virtual objects can cast shadow to the real environment
          - Virtual objects can be manipulated using touch screen or mouse
          - Color selector menu

I hope you like it!

AR plugin for UE4
          Red Alert 2 VR remake
          Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Originally posted by AdamHorvath View Post

Demo features:

- Color selector menu

I hope you like it!

That is amazing! The shadows and interaction are just mind blowing. Keep up the fantastic work!
            Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
            How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
            Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Oh man...dreams are coming true

Comment

Originally posted by AdamHorvath View Post

Demo features:

- Color selector menu

I hope you like it!

This is awesome! I have been playing around with your demo scene. It is exciting to see things working, so easily and quickly!

I was curious how you achieved the shadow in this video. Are you using a shader or some other clever way to mask a traditional shadow?

-V

Comment

Cannot wait to mess around with this!
                  | QuinnVR | Portfolio | Twitter |

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpanzee View Post
                    This is awesome! I have been playing around with your demo scene. It is exciting to see things working, so easily and quickly!

I was curious how you achieved the shadow in this video. Are you using a shader or some other clever way to mask a traditional shadow?

-V
                    Traditional shadow, but it's a little tricky. Everything can be created with standard UE4 blueprints.
                    I am planning to do a tutorial about it.
                    AR plugin for UE4
                    Red Alert 2 VR remake
                    Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Originally posted by jwise View Post
                      I'm good with supporting Adam's work. I know what I have to pay 18 developers a month....even one developer isn't free and something like this should be compensated right away. Besides that I've already signed up for a Hololens early adopter kit (just tried it for the first time this week) and it's going to cost $3000. Add to that we are working with the Vive from Valve/HTC and part of the application process was regarding our being a legit company....there are costs involved with that too. I'm happy Adam is putting the business of development up front so he hopefully doesn't work on this 60 days and then just abandon it. Just signed up for a commercial license.
                      Totally agree with everything you just said. :-)

Originally posted by Deognaleetor View Post
                      While I applaud your time and effort into this, its seems a bit.... (unethical?) to modify others free open source work and slap a price tag on it. While I feel you should be compensated (donation) for bringing this into UE4, paying for a mod just doesn't sit right with me.
                      That being said, its quite a fun thing to play around with.
                      Originally posted by Bladerskb View Post
                      its called a money grab.
                      Originally posted by SoqllooS View Post
                      I'm so happy that some one created this kind of plugin for UE4. I hope that you are planning in PC version to connect it with some IR camera like Kinect to recognize room size in 3D and not having to use markers. And one more thing.. sorry 100$ for personal licence is waaaay too much.
                      I actually think the price is an absolute bargain!
                      If you have not looked at the costs involved with similar AR systems, you really should.
                      Massive one off fee's or ongoing subscriptions (even on slightly crippled versions), pay per tracker impressions, mandatory watermarks....

Adams one off price of $249 is crazy good!

Yes, he uses a free opensource framework but he has worked hard to put it in an easy to use package for us shmoes. I always think of how many man hours this would have taken me to do if I attempted to create a usable, cross-platform plugin and I charge $56 per hour for my time.

Adam is being a gift horse here. Be grateful or he may stick the price up. ;-)

Comment

Having an issue where I get just colored bars in editor that say "no input signal" I suspect its because I have a hdmi capture card as well and it seems to be defaulting to that. I tried disabling it but still having no luck. Is their a way for it to default to the right webcam or change the settings to choose a different device?

Comment

Originally posted by MasterOfShapes View Post
                          Having an issue where I get just colored bars in editor that say "no input signal" I suspect its because I have a hdmi capture card as well and it seems to be defaulting to that. I tried disabling it but still having no luck. Is their a way for it to default to the right webcam or change the settings to choose a different device?
                          It uses the default webcam, and currently it can not be changed from blueprint. However if you have the C++ source code version, you can change the device number from code.

Locate and change this line in ARToolkitDevice.cpp

if (arVideoOpen("-devNum=1 -flipV ") < 0) return 0;

Where devNum is the actual webcam id (value 1 is default)

I'll add device selection from blueprint to future versions.
                          Last edited by AdamHorvath; 12-03-2015, 07:10 AM.
                          AR plugin for UE4
                          Red Alert 2 VR remake
                          Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Got to try this.
                            Game Designer @ Masked Pharaohs ..
                            I'm Providing Arabic Support For Any One ..

Comment

Yes! It also supports natural feature tracking. Check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYyIXRymu6c
                              AR plugin for UE4
                              Red Alert 2 VR remake
                              Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Working...
                              X