Augmented Reality for UE4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello again.
    Trouble with iOS resolution <> rebuild plugin.

So I was doing some work/proposal with the plug-in today. I generated new NFT files, tested using my mac and everything was super fine and good.
    Then I installed on my test phone (iPhone SE) and I don't get the same snappy result. In fact I have to point the camera for seconds before I get any result.

So I am assuming the resolution of the camera has something to do with it.
    Then I followed the steps to increase the resolution on iOS devices. WELL, when I change the setting from "cif" to whatever other options (720p, 1080p, medium), the builds fail. Then when I re-open the project, it asks me to rebuild the dylib and that fails as well, it tells me to "rebuild manually". So I do that, but that fails too.

Do you think just lowering the generation resolution of the NFT (genTextData) would also help, since the camera resolution is lower?
    ______
    Fabiano Friedrich
    Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | 500px

RevEngLab | www.revenglab.com
    TZERO Architecture | www.tzero.org

Comment

Also do you know why shadow disappear when I rotate the model?
      It seems to work fine when I replace the motorcycle mode with the box, but when I try to replicate the same thing on the Basic Scene I get the shadows fading in/out and the "floor" (Cube) darkens the camera feed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lnsk1yg95u....TRIM.MOV?dl=0

______
      Fabiano Friedrich

Comment

What error did you get while compiling ?

Originally posted by knotFF View Post
        Hello again.
        Trouble with iOS resolution <> rebuild plugin.

So I was doing some work/proposal with the plug-in today. I generated new NFT files, tested using my mac and everything was super fine and good.
        Then I installed on my test phone (iPhone SE) and I don't get the same snappy result. In fact I have to point the camera for seconds before I get any result.

So I am assuming the resolution of the camera has something to do with it.
        Then I followed the steps to increase the resolution on iOS devices. WELL, when I change the setting from "cif" to whatever other options (720p, 1080p, medium), the builds fail. Then when I re-open the project, it asks me to rebuild the dylib and that fails as well, it tells me to "rebuild manually". So I do that, but that fails too.

Do you think just lowering the generation resolution of the NFT (genTextData) would also help, since the camera resolution is lower?
        Last edited by AdamHorvath; 04-17-2018, 12:51 PM.
        AR plugin for UE4
        AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
        Red Alert 2 VR remake
        Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hello
          I have a problem with making build for arm64-v8a.
          When i checked the Thirdparty folder (\Plugins\ARToolkitPlugin\Source\ThirdParty\ARToolkit\lib\Android), there is only libraries for "armeabi-v7a"
          My question is: is there are support for arm64-v8a and if yes what should i do to make it work?

Comment

So when I change the iOS parameter from cif to medium for example on ARToolkitDevice.cpp I get this in sequence:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 10.03.20.png
Views:	1
Size:	245.9 KB
ID:	1462989
            1. Then I delete:
              1. Intermediate/Binaries folder on the plugin
              2. Also delete Intermediate/Binaries folder on the game project
              3. Right click on the game project file and click "Services>>Generate Visual Studio Content" (I'm on a mac)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 10.09.10.png
Views:	1
Size:	249.8 KB
ID:	1462990
            1. When I try to open the project it says it need to rebuild the : Missing [Project Name] Modules. The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version... would you like to rebuild them? YES.
            2. ERROR. [ Project Name ] could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manuall

Then that is it. All I can do is copy/replace the /plugins folder from the provided Sample Project to make it work again.

Originally posted by AdamHorvath View Post
            What error did you get while compiling ?
            ______
            Fabiano Friedrich

Comment

Hello Fabiano,

I have tried to reproduce your issue, but it compiled fine on my end using xCode 9.2.
              Can you try with a fresh new sample project ?

Best Regards,
              Adam Horvath

AR plugin for UE4
              Red Alert 2 VR remake
              Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

AdamHorvath

Did you ever calibrate your camera for better tracking? If so, do you have a link to documentation on how I can do this?

Thank you
                Last edited by jakwarne; 04-19-2018, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Hi, AdamHorvath

Does the plugin support the recognition of a custom image?
                  Igor, swamper, sole proprietorship

Comment

6r0m

If you don't mind me answering for Adam...

Yes it does, i am also about to start training my own. Here is the documentation to train your own...

NFT (image)
                    http://web.archive.org/web/201712261...r_nft_training

Square Marker
                    http://web.archive.org/web/201712261...arker_training

Comment

Originally posted by jakwarne View Post
                      6r0m

Yes it does, i am also about to start training my own. Here is the documentation to train your own...
                      Thank you very much!

Comment

jakwarne

I reviewed this docs and if you don't mind I have a questions/issues:
                        1) all docs are by webarchive, links are not working (for ex. NFT Utilities which help to teach recognize image), also in github no activities - ARCore and ARKit kill ARToolKit?
                        2) maybe can you give some steps for recognition visit card in AR using this plugin?
                        3) also do you now the state of AR in 4.19 (I'm wondering how can recognize markers, if place they on visit card)?

Comment

6r0m

1) Yes, the Webarchive website isn't very useful because somethings are missing, but its the only place where the documents are available, because the ARToolKit official website doesn't work at the minute.

2) I guess you would have to follow the steps for training an NFT marker ( http://web.archive.org/web/201712261...r_nft_training )

...unless your business card is square, then you could do this instead ( http://web.archive.org/web/201712261...arker_training )

I don't know anything more about the steps you would need to take to make it, only whats written on those pages, sorry.

3) ARCore and ARKit in Unreal Engine don't support marker recognition at the minute, so the only option is a plugin like this one.

Comment

jakwarne

Thank you for your info and time! very appreciate it.

2) there is a problem - for dataset generation need NFT Utilities for ARToolKit , but link is broken.
                            3) I'm wondering how they done this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJEoY1JT71c
                            if Epics integrate ARKit 1.5 - it's solve the problem. very interesting how they doing it in the source too))

Comment

Am I right in saying that the plugin was build with ARToolKit5? and ARToolKit6 isn't available for windows?

Comment

Yes, it's was built with v5.3.

I've uploaded it it to my google drive:
                                https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bY...Zl9eJ9BtPGQGqM

marker creation tools are in the /bin folder

Originally posted by jakwarne View Post
                                Am I right in saying that the plugin was build with ARToolKit5? and ARToolKit6 isn't available for windows?
                                AR plugin for UE4
                                Red Alert 2 VR remake
                                Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Working...
                                X