No announcement yet.

Augmented Reality for UE4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have already disabled the plugins, but it still crashes.
    We found out that rebuilding the solution causes problems on the U4AR plugin.

When we try to open a new scene upon detection of a QR code, the app crashes 90% of the time.
    Without the plugin all scenes are working fine.

Comment

Hi, is it possible to hook up the camera used in the ARKit example as the input for your plugin, is it possible? I tried doing it and this is the error I am getting

Mar 3 10:04:57 Shunxus-iPhone ARDnD_ARCORE[40676] <Notice>: [2018.03.03-18.04.57:849][ 0]ARToolkit: Camera ok.
      Mar 3 10:04:57 Shunxus-iPhone ARDnD_ARCORE[40676] <Notice>: [2018.03.03-18.04.57:849][ 0]ARToolkit: Camera resolution (352,288)
      Mar 3 10:04:57 Shunxus-iPhone ARDnD_ARCORE[40676] <Notice>: [2018.03.03-18.04.57:849][ 0]ARToolkit: Camera pixel format: 3
      Mar 3 10:04:57 Shunxus-iPhone ARDnD_ARCORE[40676] <Notice>: [2018.03.03-18.04.57:850][ 0]ARToolkit: End of iPhone camera init
      Mar 3 10:04:57 Shunxus-iPhone ARDnD_ARCORE[40676] <Notice>: [2018.03.03-18.04.57:850][ 0]ARToolkit: Video texture created (352,288)
      Mar 3 10:04:57 Shunxus-iPhone ARDnD_ARCORE[40676] <Notice>: [2018.03.03-18.04.57:850][ 0]ARToolkit: Param load start
      Mar 3 10:04:57 Shunxus-iPhone ARDnD_ARCORE[40676] <Notice>: [2018.03.03-18.04.57:854][ 0]ARToolkit: ios full path camera data: /var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/A5112A33-6765-4374-B87A-81E906C0BEBA/Library/Caches/ardnd_arcore/content/artoolkit/data/camera_para.dat
      Mar 3 10:04:57 Shunxus-iPhone ARDnD_ARCORE[40676] <Notice>: [2018.03.03-18.04.57:854][ 0]ARToolkit: Error: Camera parameter load error !!
      Mar 3 10:04:57 Shunxus-iPhone ARDnD_ARCORE[40676] <Notice>: [2018.03.03-18.04.57:855][ 0]LogBlueprintUserMessages: [ARPlayerPawn_2] Webcam init error!

Comment

Hello,

It's not possible with the current version.

Originally posted by Shunxu View Post
        Hi, is it possible to hook up the camera used in the ARKit example as the input for your plugin, is it possible? I tried doing it and this is the error I am getting

AR plugin for UE4
        AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
        Red Alert 2 VR remake
        Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Originally posted by AdamHorvath View Post
          Hello,

It's not possible with the current version.

This will be a great add-on to the existing framework, do you plan on making this possible? If so, do you mind sharing the timeline?
          Thanks,

Comment

Hi everyone, what do I do if I want to make sure the model is an appropriate size I want? AKA, how do I do unit conversion between UNREAL and the real world? Thanks!

Comment

Hey, Adam and everyone. How do I make do unit conversion between UNREAL and the real world? For example, if I want to map a one-inch cube to the real world, how big of a marker should I print and what is the size of the cube in UNREAL?

Thanks,

Comment

Hey, Adam and everyone. How do I make do unit conversion between UNREAL and the real world? For example, if I want to map a one-inch cube to the real world, how big of a marker should I print and what is the size of the cube in UNREAL?

Thanks,

Comment

Hello,

1 Unreal unit is 1 cm. 1 inch is 2,54 cm.

I would suggest to print the marker in it's original size.

Originally posted by Shunxu View Post

Thanks,
                  AR plugin for UE4
                  Red Alert 2 VR remake
                  Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hi Adam, i`m trying the demo version with the UE 4.18 and i`m getting the white screen when i open the app. I have sent it to google play and downloaded on my tablet.
                    Is this happening because it is the demo version?
                    PS.: i dont even know if it is ok to do that, my bad.

Comment

Hello Bruno,

The DEMO is only working on windows / mac.

Originally posted by BrunoMS View Post
                      Hi Adam, i`m trying the demo version with the UE 4.18 and i`m getting the white screen when i open the app. I have sent it to google play and downloaded on my tablet.
                      Is this happening because it is the demo version?
                      PS.: i dont even know if it is ok to do that, my bad.
                      AR plugin for UE4
                      Red Alert 2 VR remake
                      Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hi Adam, the template works really good. I like it a lot. I have a question about the using of more Blueprints and more markers. Can you provide us a screenshot of the way you make this in the level_BP?
                        in the default you have a AR_actor_touch with the bike, and this pops up after the markers Hiro and Pinball. I only use NFT markers. I have 6 other NFT markers, and want them to show 6 different Blueprints (BP_A; BP_B; BP_C,.. etc) . But whatever i try, i goes wrong. its harder then i think probably. Now i copy your AR_actor_touch, and drag it into the level, and change the name in BP_B,.. BP_C (etc)
                        My plan was to to this in a branche so that if marker a is seen, then Blueprint a shows. And the if not, it dissapears. Then if marker b is detected, then BP B shows. But i am kind of stuck to get this working in the Level_BP. So i hope someone can provide me screenshot of the way

Comment

Hello. I got the plug-in yesterday and so far I have not been able to get it to work on iOS. I get "Webcam init error".
                          This work fine when I press play on the mac, but when I launch it to my iPhone I get a white shape and the error above. This happens with an "empty" project, when I follow the documentation setup. (C++ >> Copy Content >> Rebuild DLL >> Launch to iOS).
                          Any thoughts?

Furthermore, some of the links on your documentation page are broken http://ar.uplugins.com/documentation/

LinkedIn | fabianofriedrich
                          RevEngLab | www.revenglab.com
                          TZERO Architecture | www.tzero.org

Comment

Hello

It seems the website http://www.artoolkit.org/, anyone knows when it is going back up?
                            I am looking for the exe that can generate NFT markers and when googling it, it seems that the only source was on this site. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Hello,

I've uploaded a copy of the ARToolkit 5 binary to the following link:
                              https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bY...Zl9eJ9BtPGQGqM
                              (.exe files for marker generation are located in the /bin folder)

ARToolkit website:
                              http://web.archive.org/web/201802240...artoolkit.org/

Marker training:
                              http://web.archive.org/web/201802240...arker_training

NFT marker training:
                              http://web.archive.org/web/201802240...r_nft_training

I hope it helps until the website is online again!

Originally posted by Runefost View Post
                              Hello

It seems the website http://www.artoolkit.org/, anyone knows when it is going back up?
                              I am looking for the exe that can generate NFT markers and when googling it, it seems that the only source was on this site. Any help would be greatly appreciated
                              AR plugin for UE4
                              Red Alert 2 VR remake
                              Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hello,

Can you please send me your output logs to info@uplugins.com ?

Originally posted by knotFF View Post
                                Hello. I got the plug-in yesterday and so far I have not been able to get it to work on iOS. I get "Webcam init error".
                                This work fine when I press play on the mac, but when I launch it to my iPhone I get a white shape and the error above. This happens with an "empty" project, when I follow the documentation setup. (C++ >> Copy Content >> Rebuild DLL >> Launch to iOS).
                                Any thoughts?

Furthermore, some of the links on your documentation page are broken http://ar.uplugins.com/documentation/
                                AR plugin for UE4
                                Red Alert 2 VR remake
                                Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Working...
                                X