Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BinderL View Post
    Hello Adam,

we are students working on a AR application. We use Augmented Reality plugin for UE4 and we are on the demo version (composed by blueprint on windows). We have an error while launching the ap on the phone which is "webcam init error". Is it because we are in a demo version? Or a wrong option on blueprint? we try to change to portrait the device orientation settings in init blueprint. Thank you.

Nice job !

faithfully and best regard,

BinderL
    This is because you are using the demo version.
    The demo version only works in the editor for building it you need a license.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamHorvath View Post
      Plugin available on the link below:
      http://www.unreal4ar.com

[UPDATE]
      AR version of the Matinee fight scene demo.:

Interaction DEMO video:

Hi everyone,

After working on this for quite some time, I wanted to show my first results.
      I am developing a C++ code plugin that adds AR capabilities to Unreal Engine 4.

The videos below are featuring simple marker tracking examples based on the open source ARToolkit library. The DEMO can detect and track 2 markers at the same time.
      Currently it is just a "proof of concept" running on Windows and Android, but I hope to release it as a plugin soon!

Inside UE4 editor on Windows:

Running on Samsung S4 mini:

Hope you like it!
      Hi! The Interaction DEMO video inside the rotation operation in the illusion of how to achieve.Can you provide the next idea? Thank you very much.

Comment

Hello,

The DEMO version is only working on windows /macOS from the editor.

Originally posted by BinderL View Post
        Hello Adam,

we are students working on a AR application. We use Augmented Reality plugin for UE4 and we are on the demo version (composed by blueprint on windows). We have an error while launching the ap on the phone which is "webcam init error". Is it because we are in a demo version? Or a wrong option on blueprint? we try to change to portrait the device orientation settings in init blueprint. Thank you.

Nice job !

faithfully and best regard,

BinderL
        AR plugin for UE4
        AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
        Red Alert 2 VR remake
        Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

I have a fix camera and a white area front that (The area size is almost 50 cm) and a red point (2 mm) for send a position to me.
          How much accuracy can i have ? Can i get 1 mm movement ?

Comment

Hello,

The DEMO version is only working on windows /macOS from the editor.

I got this error when running ARSampleHarleyEXECUTABLE.
            Attached Files

Comment

hi adam, i tried to get the mobile phone screen resolution a bit better, i tried 720,480. But the screen turns purple. Is that something familiar to you? i changed it the way you showed here (android)
              http://www.unreal4ar.com/mobile-video-resolutions/

And another question, i have great porblems to get this on my phone. Sometimes the export goes well 10 times, but then suddenly it goes wrong. The export is a succes, but the app wont start. And once this happends, there is no way to get this starting again on my phone. (uninstall-install. phone on, phone off,.. etc) Sometimes resetten the whole phone can help it.

best regards robert
              Last edited by wontonanimalchin; 01-29-2018, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Hello,

in the video you sow 2 objects in diferents markers in the same camera but on the proyect artoolkitadvance we can read one marker. how to read 2 diferent markers spawning 2 objects(meshes)

Comment

Are you sure the resolution you set is supported by your device ? Can you please try something like 640x480 or 800x600 ?

Originally posted by wontonanimalchin View Post
                  hi adam, i tried to get the mobile phone screen resolution a bit better, i tried 720,480. But the screen turns purple. Is that something familiar to you? i changed it the way you showed here (android)
                  http://www.unreal4ar.com/mobile-video-resolutions/

And another question, i have great porblems to get this on my phone. Sometimes the export goes well 10 times, but then suddenly it goes wrong. The export is a succes, but the app wont start. And once this happends, there is no way to get this starting again on my phone. (uninstall-install. phone on, phone off,.. etc) Sometimes resetten the whole phone can help it.

best regards robert
                  AR plugin for UE4
                  Red Alert 2 VR remake
                  Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hello,

Try the simple demo, it has an example for tracking multiple markers.

Originally posted by ACialona View Post
                    Hello,

in the video you sow 2 objects in diferents markers in the same camera but on the proyect artoolkitadvance we can read one marker. how to read 2 diferent markers spawning 2 objects(meshes)

AR plugin for UE4
                    Red Alert 2 VR remake
                    Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Are you sure the resolution you set is supported by your device ? Can you please try something like 640x480 or 800x600 ?

thanks it works great right now. Seems again and again a problem with nexus phones. Tried it on a samsung and it looks very good.

Comment

Hey it works really good, also my own made nft markers. Now the final step,... Making new scenes on different markers. But man, your levelbp looks complicated. Whats the best practice to do this? Should i copy the bp and make new event ticks? I rather not do that, because too many of these ticks wont work on most phones. When i duplicate the one touch bp and make some other meshes inside, seems a good start. But the way the bp will show and hide i dont understand.

Comment

Is this a full implementation of ARToolKit, but in Unreal?
                          What I mean is, can I use all the features of ARToolKit with this plug-in? And are they all available in blueprints?

LinkedIn | fabianofriedrich
                          RevEngLab | www.revenglab.com
                          TZERO Architecture | www.tzero.org

Comment

Black and White fiducial marker tracking, matrix markers, and NFT tracking are implemented for Windows / Mac / iOS / Android.

Check out the documentation for blueprint nodes:
                            http://www.unreal4ar.com/blueprint-nodes/

Originally posted by knotFF View Post
                            Is this a full implementation of ARToolKit, but in Unreal?
                            What I mean is, can I use all the features of ARToolKit with this plug-in? And are they all available in blueprints?
                            AR plugin for UE4
                            Red Alert 2 VR remake
                            Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

I am glad it's working now!

thanks it works great right now. Seems again and again a problem with nexus phones. Tried it on a samsung and it looks very good.
                              AR plugin for UE4
                              Red Alert 2 VR remake
                              Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

For multiple NFT markers, just edit the level blueprint and check all of your markers visibility with the get marker node in the tick function. Once a markers is visible use it's vectors/rotations for tracking your camera or subject.

Hey it works really good, also my own made nft markers. Now the final step,... Making new scenes on different markers. But man, your levelbp looks complicated. Whats the best practice to do this? Should i copy the bp and make new event ticks? I rather not do that, because too many of these ticks wont work on most phones. When i duplicate the one touch bp and make some other meshes inside, seems a good start. But the way the bp will show and hide i dont understand.
                                AR plugin for UE4
                                Red Alert 2 VR remake
                                Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Working...
                                X