Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Augmented Reality for UE4

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by AdamHorvath View Post
    Hello, I sent you a new download link. Please try now!



    Thx, it worked !!!

    Comment


      Very, very good!

      Comment


        Purchased a few months ago, started a project, engine updated a few times and so did you. In mid development of a project due on MONDAY, and I have been forced to upgrade to 4.17. I tried updated from you on the site, and it mentioned I have exceeded my downloads!! please help asap

        Comment


          Hello,

          Check your emails! I sent you a new link. Thanks for your patience!

          Originally posted by rasamaya View Post
          Purchased a few months ago, started a project, engine updated a few times and so did you. In mid development of a project due on MONDAY, and I have been
          forced to upgrade to 4.17. I tried updated from you on the site, and it mentioned I have exceeded my downloads!! please help asap
          AR plugin for UE4
          AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
          Red Alert 2 VR remake
          Armed Island VR RTS

          Comment


            SUPER FAST SUPPORT, better than AAA. Sorry, I was impatient, messaged from a few sources as I literally have to rebuild this full app today, have our hometown Marriage Reception tomorrow, and present the app on Monday. The scheduling has all been out of my control lol. Thank you for helping so fast! I honesty thought I would going to be buggered. Cheers!

            Comment


              Originally posted by amauricio3d View Post

              Hello

              Are you making the boot from unreal engine with the device connected?
              or are you packaging the app and then installing it with the install..bat file?
              The install.bat file fails for me saying I don't have permission to write the OBB file so I haven't been able to test that way. Prior to making the change to obbPath in ARToolkitPlugin_APL.xml I was able to launch from within the editor onto the device and everything worked. I'm not sure if launching from the editor is bundling all of the assets into the APK instead of splitting the data out into an expansion file though.

              I'm seeing the white screen after I publish the app as a beta on the Google Play Store. The app opens the first time, I see it downloading the extension file, and then it switches to the white screen. I connected to the device the app was installed to using ADB and the OBB file is present on the device.

              Any other thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

              Comment


                Hi,

                WE ENCOUNTER A PROBLEM WHEN PACKAGING THE PROJECT INTO ANDROID DEVICE.

                After we packaged the project, and launch in the android phone, we get a white screen background as shown in attached picture.

                These are the step we went thru to create the application:-

                1. Create a sample project following these instruction in a window 10 PC.
                http://www.unreal4ar.com/getting-started-full-version/

                2. Checked “Package game data inside .apk” under project settings/android
                3. Change Build Configuration to Shipping & DebugGame (Tried both, get same result)
                4. Package project by select android All.
                5. Copied the packaged APK into Andriod device with below spec.
                -Hua Wei Mate 9, Andriod ver 7.0 Nougat
                6. Install apk from the phone.
                7. Successfully install, but when launching the app, it say “webcam init error”, with a white screen background. Refer attachment.

                THANK YOU

                QJ


                Comment


                  HI,

                  WE HAVE A PROBLEM REGARDING TO ANDROID DEVICE PACKAGING.

                  We packaging the sample project into our android device, and after we launch it, we get a white background and "webcam init error" message as attached picture. We went thru below processes to create the application:-
                  1. Create a sample project following these instruction. - http://www.unreal4ar.com/getting-started-full-version/
                  2. Checked “Package game data inside .apk” under project settings/android
                  3. Change Build Configuration to Shipping & DebugGame (Tried both, get same result)
                  4. Package project by select android All.
                  5. Copied the packaged APK into Andriod device with below spec.
                    [Hua Wei Mate 9, Andriod ver 7.0 Nougat]
                  6. Install apk from the phone.
                  7. Successfully install, but when launching the app, it say “webcam init error”, with a white screen background.
                  PLEASE HELP.

                  THANKS

                  OWSON


                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by OWSON; 10-24-2017, 06:51 AM.

                  Comment


                    I've reduced the size of my app so that it is under 100mb and changed the package configuration so that all data is inside the apk. Launching the app on the device from within the editor works. Packaging the app and then deploying it using the install script gives me a white screen.

                    Comment


                      Hi,

                      You need to UNCHECK "Package game data inside .apk" and generate the corresponding .obb file too, also need to install the app using the generated .bat file.

                      Please let me know if it's working!

                      BR,
                      Adam


                      Originally posted by OWSON View Post
                      HI,

                      WE HAVE A PROBLEM REGARDING TO ANDROID DEVICE PACKAGING.

                      We packaging the sample project into our android device, and after we launch it, we get a white background and "webcam init error" message as attached picture. We went thru below processes to create the application:-
                      1. Create a sample project following these instruction. - http://www.unreal4ar.com/getting-started-full-version/
                      2. Checked “Package game data inside .apk” under project settings/android
                      3. Change Build Configuration to Shipping & DebugGame (Tried both, get same result)
                      4. Package project by select android All.
                      5. Copied the packaged APK into Andriod device with below spec.
                        [Hua Wei Mate 9, Andriod ver 7.0 Nougat]
                      6. Install apk from the phone.
                      7. Successfully install, but when launching the app, it say “webcam init error”, with a white screen background.
                      PLEASE HELP.

                      THANKS

                      OWSON

                      AR plugin for UE4
                      AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
                      Red Alert 2 VR remake
                      Armed Island VR RTS

                      Comment


                        Hi,

                        You need to UNCHECK "Package game data inside .apk" and generate the corresponding .obb file too, also need to install the app using the generated .bat file.
                        It won't work otherwise.

                        BR,
                        Adam


                        Originally posted by willbrowning View Post
                        I've reduced the size of my app so that it is under 100mb and changed the package configuration so that all data is inside the apk. Launching the app on the device from within the editor works. Packaging the app and then deploying it using the install script gives me a white screen.
                        AR plugin for UE4
                        AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
                        Red Alert 2 VR remake
                        Armed Island VR RTS

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by AdamHorvath View Post
                          Hi,

                          You need to UNCHECK "Package game data inside .apk" and generate the corresponding .obb file too, also need to install the app using the generated .bat file.
                          It won't work otherwise.

                          BR,
                          Adam



                          Hi Adam,

                          I was generating an OBB originally but had the same issue with a solid white screen when deploying the app as a beta to the Google Play Store. The install script locally always errors out saying it doens't have permission to write the OBB so I was never able to deploy the packaged project locally. Launching to the device from within the editor was working though.

                          Comment


                            Hi Adam.
                            Can you say expected release day for 4.18 support?

                            Comment


                              Working on it! I am expecting to release it on Monday! (30th Oct.)



                              Originally posted by Roman Gorislavski View Post
                              Hi Adam.
                              Can you say expected release day for 4.18 support?
                              AR plugin for UE4
                              AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
                              Red Alert 2 VR remake
                              Armed Island VR RTS

                              Comment


                                Hi Adam,

                                I manage to get it working following your suggestion. Thanks.

                                Another question is, i realize the resolution of the background seems quite low, and i think it is because of the camera output is tune to 640x480 based on the default camera_para.dat.
                                Is this assumption correct?
                                Are there any way to improve the background resolution?

                                Lastly, will the logo detection performance improve if the camera capture resolution increase?


                                Thanks.
                                Owson.


                                Originally posted by AdamHorvath View Post
                                Hi,

                                You need to UNCHECK "Package game data inside .apk" and generate the corresponding .obb file too, also need to install the app using the generated .bat file.

                                Please let me know if it's working!

                                BR,
                                Adam



                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X