No announcement yet.

Augmented Reality for UE4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am afraid it's not possible with blueprints.

Originally posted by amauricio3d View Post
    Hello Adam

Please

I have not been able to load the markers in a dynamic way to load them in parts in the same camera .. but I have chosen to put a preloader.

The problem is that when I load the markers, everything freezes, does not allow to do any action, it would be ideal that the load of the markers did not take the whole process.

How can I perform other processes while loading the markers?

any solution??

stay tuned

regards

Mauricio
    AR plugin for UE4
    AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
    Red Alert 2 VR remake
    Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Originally posted by AdamHorvath View Post
      I am afraid it's not possible with blueprints.

Hello Adam

you should give a solution

please do not tell me what I can not do, please tell me what I can do and how to do it.

I appreciate you please help me with this. I bought the full version of your product. but it's getting a headache.

Tell me where is the code in C ++ of the load of the markers?

tell me how I can do dynamic loading?

Your plugin should allow you to do these things ..

to other users will do much good if you provide a solution.

Comment

Hello Mauricio,

I can't give you a solution right now, as there is no solution for this at the moment, neither blueprint nor c++. Slow NFT marker loading speed is a know issue of ARToolkit, and there is no solution for it. Loading 30+ markers takes some time. As far as I know the loading time of NFT markers in the upcoming ARToolkit v6 will be way faster. I am going to upgrade once the source code will be available.

Loading markers in a different thread is not supported by the plugin. (I am not quite sure if loading markers in ARToolkit is thread safe or not. )

What you can do at the moment is to use a custom event to get notified if a marker is successfully loaded, so you can update your pre-loader progress bar accordingly.
        You need to add some C++ code to the plugin source for this.

I'll provide you details later today/tomorrow, once I got it working and tested.

Hello Adam

you should give a solution

please do not tell me what I can not do, please tell me what I can do and how to do it.

I appreciate you please help me with this. I bought the full version of your product. but it's getting a headache.

Tell me where is the code in C ++ of the load of the markers?

tell me how I can do dynamic loading?

Your plugin should allow you to do these things ..

to other users will do much good if you provide a solution.
        AR plugin for UE4
        Red Alert 2 VR remake
        Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hi guys, has anyone had problem with the white screen on android or camera not working?
          If yes, how did you manage to solve the problem?
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BrunoMS View Post
            Hi guys, has anyone had problem with the white screen on android or camera not working?
            If yes, how did you manage to solve the problem?
            Thanks
            Hello Bruno,

I had the same problem as you, and already understood why this happens.

Remember that you must change the code of the plugin. ((( only when you are going to pack it to upload to google play ..)))

this is from oficial documetnation

In SampleProject\Plugins\ARToolkitPlugin\Source\ARToolkitPlugin\ARToolkitPlugin_APL.xml locate this line:

String obbPath = Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory() + "/obb/";

Change it to:

String obbPath = Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory() + "/Android/obb/";
            Last edited by 3dmauro; 10-05-2017, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamHorvath View Post
              Hello Mauricio,

I can't give you a solution right now, as there is no solution for this at the moment, neither blueprint nor c++. Slow NFT marker loading speed is a know issue of ARToolkit, and there is no solution for it. Loading 30+ markers takes some time. As far as I know the loading time of NFT markers in the upcoming ARToolkit v6 will be way faster. I am going to upgrade once the source code will be available.

Loading markers in a different thread is not supported by the plugin. (I am not quite sure if loading markers in ARToolkit is thread safe or not. )

What you can do at the moment is to use a custom event to get notified if a marker is successfully loaded, so you can update your pre-loader progress bar accordingly.
              You need to add some C++ code to the plugin source for this.

I'll provide you details later today/tomorrow, once I got it working and tested.

Hello Adam

I'm sure users will want your plugin to have more and better features, and it's good that you're willing to improve your plugin every day.

I really appreciate your good attitude and that you take the time to make this adjustment to your plugin.

This will be very useful for all users of your plugin.

Adam, I hope you can understand me.. I have been trying to solve this problem for a few weeks now and my client is very angry with me and I would really be grateful if you could send me this solution as soon as possible.

Comment

Hello Bruno,

Remember that you must change the code of the plugin. ((( only when you are going to pack it to upload to google play ..)))

In SampleProject\Plugins\ARToolkitPlugin\Source\ARToolkitPlugin\ARToolkitPlugin_APL.xml locate this line:

Change it to:

I am also seeing a white screen. I made the change to the obbPath in ARToolkitPlugin_APL.xml as mentioned in the docs and have verified the obb file has been downloaded to the correct path on the device but I'm still getting the white screen when the app launches. Any other ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by willbrowning View Post

I am also seeing a white screen. I made the change to the obbPath in ARToolkitPlugin_APL.xml as mentioned in the docs and have verified the obb file has been downloaded to the correct path on the device but I'm still getting the white screen when the app launches. Any other ideas?
                  Hello

Are you making the boot from unreal engine with the device connected?
                  or are you packaging the app and then installing it with the install..bat file?

Comment

hi im interested in buying your plugin.. but i need some info.

does it works with VS 2013
                    does it requires c++ project or it works with Blueprint only project..
                    Thank you.

Comment

Hello Bruno,

Change it to:

I've changed that, and only works when i upload the app on google play and install it from there. If i launch the app directly on the phone, i get hte white screen.
                      But it is working now

Comment

You need to use the VS version required by UE4 4.17. I am not sure if it's working with 2013. I would recommend to use 2015 or 2015 Community edition (free).
                        C++ project is required to build the plugin for different platforms.

Originally posted by HussainAssassin View Post
                        hi im interested in buying your plugin.. but i need some info.

does it works with VS 2013
                        does it requires c++ project or it works with Blueprint only project..
                        Thank you.
                        AR plugin for UE4
                        Red Alert 2 VR remake
                        Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hi Adam,
                          Our company has bought one commercial copy 10 months ago, “Order #3793 was placed on 2016-12-01 and is currently Completed”. And it was v1.6.

When I click the download link of v1.9 in the orders page today, it says, "Sorry, this download has expired Go to shop".

Normally I would expect of 1 year software maintenance of free upgrade for the 249 dollars paid. As for your plugin, do I need to pay again to get upgrade?

Comment

hi Adam thanks for your reply but according to UE4 official Android guide

"The CodeWorks for Android 1R6 installer requires an installation of Visual Studio to complete successfully. Supported versions are 2010, 2012 or 2013 (not 2015)".

so they mentioned VS 2015 is not supported..

are you sure i can Make Android build using VS 2015.

Thnak you.

Comment

Hello, I sent you a new download link. Please try now!

Originally posted by Trout Zhang View Post
                              Hi Adam,
                              Our company has bought one commercial copy 10 months ago, “Order #3793 was placed on 2016-12-01 and is currently Completed”. And it was v1.6.

When I click the download link of v1.9 in the orders page today, it says, "Sorry, this download has expired Go to shop".

Normally I would expect of 1 year software maintenance of free upgrade for the 249 dollars paid. As for your plugin, do I need to pay again to get upgrade?

AR plugin for UE4
                              Red Alert 2 VR remake
                              Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

I am sure it does support 2015. I am using it for daily development.

Originally posted by HussainAssassin View Post
                                hi Adam thanks for your reply but according to UE4 official Android guide

"The CodeWorks for Android 1R6 installer requires an installation of Visual Studio to complete successfully. Supported versions are 2010, 2012 or 2013 (not 2015)".

so they mentioned VS 2015 is not supported..

are you sure i can Make Android build using VS 2015.

Thnak you.
                                AR plugin for UE4
                                Red Alert 2 VR remake
                                Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Working...
                                X