No announcement yet.

Augmented Reality for UE4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The plugin works with multiple markers simultaneously. You could check out the simple demo (the one with chairs), it uses both the hiro and kanji markers.

You need to do 2 things in order to work:

1. Copy the marker file to \Content\ARToolkit\Data\ as patt.YOUR_MARKER_NAME
    2. Add YOUR_MARKER_NAME to the marker enumeration.

You should also check the output log to see if the marker is loaded successfully.

Originally posted by i1i1 View Post
    Hi Adam!

I've tried your plugin with multiple custom testmarker but i can't get it to work. If i write them in the "Markers" Enumeration and it recognizes just the first one in the list. Is this a bug or do i something wrong? I'm using UE 4.16.2 and the 1.8 Plugin with personal license. I've tested it in the "ARToolkit Simple" Scene. Sorry for my english.

Thanks in advance!
    AR plugin for UE4
    AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
    Red Alert 2 VR remake
    Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamHorvath View Post
      Hi Emma,

I am glad to hear it is working now! Did you have any special characters in your project path ?
      Yes I had an _ in the project folder name and the path was too long, so I moved "WindowsNoEditor" folder to a location with a shorter path and without any special character in it. Thank you.
      Last edited by emma90; 07-11-2017, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• How should I prevent the object's jitter when its location and rotation is binded to a NFT marker?
        Last edited by emma90; 07-12-2017, 11:42 PM.

Comment

• We purchase commercial version license and use it.

Using MacOS Sierrs (version 10.12.5) and Xcode 8
          I am trying to transfer the real machine to iOS with unrealengine 4.15.3.

I can not transfer because of the following error.
          Can you ask me the solution?

Failed to open descriptor file '../../../AR7Project/AR7Project.uproject'

Add a screenshot of iOS to the attached file.

Comment

• Hi Adam!

Thanks for your quick response!

I already did what you said. My and the default markers are loaded successfully without an error as i can see in the output log file. As you mentioned, they should work simultaneously but in my case they don't. It is only working with one marker at the time and that's the marker i put in top of the list. I've a Logitech Webcam Pro 9000. I hope this describe it clearer. Are there people who experience the same problem? Thanks for any help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MarkerTest.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	431.2 KB
ID:	1131057

Greetings
            i1i1

Originally posted by AdamHorvath View Post
            The plugin works with multiple markers simultaneously. You could check out the simple demo (the one with chairs), it uses both the hiro and kanji markers.

You need to do 2 things in order to work:

1. Copy the marker file to \Content\ARToolkit\Data\ as patt.YOUR_MARKER_NAME
            2. Add YOUR_MARKER_NAME to the marker enumeration.

You should also check the output log to see if the marker is loaded successfully.

Comment

• Hi,

You were right, need to do some changes in the level blueprint.

1. Duplicate the Transform HIRO section in the level blueprint and change the marker name to kanji.
              2. Change the target to your target actor. (I've duplicated the CubeHIRO blueprint and renamed to CubeKANJI)
              3. Finally connect to the tick event.

Name:	2markers.jpg
Size:	492.3 KB
ID:	1131059

Originally posted by i1i1 View Post
              Hi Adam!

Thanks for your quick response!

I already did what you said. My and the default markers are loaded successfully without an error as i can see in the output log file. As you mentioned, they should work simultaneously but in my case they don't. It is only working with one marker at the time and that's the marker i put in top of the list. I've a Logitech Webcam Pro 9000. I hope this describe it clearer. Are there people who experience the same problem? Thanks for any help.

Greetings
              i1i1
              AR plugin for UE4
              Red Alert 2 VR remake
              Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

• Check out the pose filter settings in the Harley DEMO.
                http://www.unreal4ar.com/set-filter/

Originally posted by emma90 View Post
                How should I prevent the object's jitter when its location and rotation is binded to a NFT marker?
                AR plugin for UE4
                Red Alert 2 VR remake
                Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

• *Edit:

Ah, I feel so dumb, it's the cube mesh acting as a "screen" for the video feed that is clipping with the rest of my scene when I move too far away.
                  I'll figure out a solution from here.

-----

Hello,

Thank you so much for the plugin, I've been tinkering with it the last few days, but I've now encountered a weird issue trying to set up a larger scale AR experience.

When i move too far away with the camera the farthest mesh will disappear gradually like they're being occluded by a spherical bound. The scene is still correctly tracked, as other closer mesh still rotate properly.

I tried to override LOD settings, change bound scale etc..but nothing seems to fix it. Even weirder, I've been using the unreal default character to run around in my levels, and contrary to the other meshes he's totally unaffected by the distance to the camera and never disappear.

I'm fairly new to Unreal so I must be missing something here, hope you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
                  Last edited by flo777; 07-16-2017, 10:44 PM.

Comment

• Good evening I would have a problem to test whether to buy the commercial version of the plugin i bought the personal version but i would have the problem that the sample project works on the mobile only if i do the operation from the editor (LAUNCH) the project on any android device works in ETC2.
                    When instead of the editor create an apk file to install then on the android device, the file is generated correctly but when I start the application on the device the background remains white and nothing is seen. As in the attached picture. Thanks For Help..

Name:	20170714_233934.jpg
Size:	753.5 KB
ID:	1131142
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Hi David,

You need to also generate the .obb file, and install the app using the generated .bat file.

Edit ->Project Settings -> Android -> UNCHECK Package game data inside APK

Originally posted by davide caudarella View Post
                      Good evening I would have a problem to test whether to buy the commercial version of the plugin i bought the personal version but i would have the problem that the sample project works on the mobile only if i do the operation from the editor (LAUNCH) the project on any android device works in ETC2.
                      When instead of the editor create an apk file to install then on the android device, the file is generated correctly but when I start the application on the device the background remains white and nothing is seen. As in the attached picture. Thanks For Help..
                      AR plugin for UE4
                      Red Alert 2 VR remake
                      Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

• Im test with obb and the problem persist.... Generate the apk file and obb , and installed with exe on pc...Thanks for you help..

Comment

• I got errors all over the blueprint. Version 4.16.2

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	871.3 KB
ID:	1131296
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Hello Amir,

Seems like you did not compile the plugin .dll, or the plugin is not enabled.

Follow the instruction on the link below to compile the plugin:
                            http://www.unreal4ar.com/getting-started-full-version/

a. Windows

1. Install Visual Studio 2015 – community editions are also working
                            2. Launch unreal engine editor
                            3. Create a new C++ code project without starter content
                            4. Copy all files from SampleProject directory to your new project directory
                            5. In UE4 editor File -> Refresh visual studio project (optional)
                            6. Exit from unreal engine editor
                            7. Launch your new project from epic launcher
                            8. Click on rebuild missing DLLs when prompted

Originally posted by Amir Tamadon View Post
                            I got errors all over the blueprint. Version 4.16.2
                            AR plugin for UE4
                            Red Alert 2 VR remake
                            Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

• Please send your device output logs to info@unreal4ar.com.

Originally posted by davide caudarella View Post
                              Im test with obb and the problem persist.... Generate the apk file and obb , and installed with exe on pc...Thanks for you help..
                              AR plugin for UE4
                              Red Alert 2 VR remake
                              Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

• It is partially fixed, but a new error has now occurred.

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	1131319

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	1131318

Comment

Working...