Clear All

• replied
    Hello,

You can find a great tutorial on the link below:
    http://safefromrobots.com/?p=149

I hope it helps!

Originally posted by TheOMGman View Post
    Hello there

I've fairly recently purchased a license for the plugin, and while I can get the plugin installed nicely without any issues, I am a bit dumbfounded as to how you start it.
    I'm aware of the documentation, but I've never really been good at understanding those, you don't seem to have any basic setup examples, so it's a bit difficult to know where to even start, given that this is my first trip into AR.

Is it possible you could provide some guidance? I've already done a quick skim search through this forum, but didn't see anything.
    Just some quick screenshot of a blueprint setup for how to get something like the chair projection working would be nice, since that's more or less what I'm doing, except I'm gonna use a different 3D asset.

For the record, I'm building an android project, the phone I've got is an Honor 8 (running on Android 7)

Second question, would there be any issues installing this plugin on an already existing android c++ project? I would assume not, but figured I'd ask.

Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello there

I've fairly recently purchased a license for the plugin, and while I can get the plugin installed nicely without any issues, I am a bit dumbfounded as to how you start it.
    I'm aware of the documentation, but I've never really been good at understanding those, you don't seem to have any basic setup examples, so it's a bit difficult to know where to even start, given that this is my first trip into AR.

Is it possible you could provide some guidance? I've already done a quick skim search through this forum, but didn't see anything.
    Just some quick screenshot of a blueprint setup for how to get something like the chair projection working would be nice, since that's more or less what I'm doing, except I'm gonna use a different 3D asset.

For the record, I'm building an android project, the phone I've got is an Honor 8 (running on Android 7)

Second question, would there be any issues installing this plugin on an already existing android c++ project? I would assume not, but figured I'd ask.

Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    how to get demo version?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AdamHorvath View Post
    I can't tell, never used ARCore with the plugin together. Did you try with different marker ? Did you set the init node to portrait mode ?

AdamHorvath And are you able to provide any kinda of support? We've purchased the commercial version of this because we have clients that require a more accurate image tracking then what's provided by the ARCore.

I've reported this to Epic, maybe they can fix this on their part:
    https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ns-like-a.html

For everyone else that is thinking of buy a commercial version, please checkout this build, its for Android, here you can experience the problem between the 2 plugins.
    https://mega.nz/#!VBFiEQST!JDOT0mpfE...aMoL_ZrSEchzPg

Video to show whats happening:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can't tell, never used ARCore with the plugin together. Did you try with different marker ? Did you set the init node to portrait mode ?

Originally posted by Invius View Post
    AdamHorvath Is it possible to fix this? The problem between ARcore and your plugin?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    AdamHorvath Is it possible to fix this? The problem between ARcore and your plugin?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AdamHorvath View Post
    Hello,

What do you mean by "causes something to rotate" ?

I have to use them in the same app cause your pluggin has better image detection but it does not have motion capture and surface tracking, and that was important to our client.
    I can send you a version of the project so you can see what's happening, but i think just by mixing the two plugins it will happen like in this app.
    Last edited by Invius; 04-23-2019, 11:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello,

What do you mean by "causes something to rotate" ?

AdamHorvath Switching form ARcore to this plugging, causes something to rotate, even if i have two diferent Levels and open them in that order, it causes that bug, i haven't to to find out what causes this but i have to send the project to a client and i don't have any other solution but to ask you.
    Do you have any ideia what could possibly be causing this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    AdamHorvath Switching form ARcore to this plugging, causes something to rotate, even if i have two diferent Levels and open them in that order, it causes that bug, i haven't to to find out what causes this but i have to send the project to a client and i don't have any other solution but to ask you.
    Do you have any ideia what could possibly be causing this?
    Last edited by Invius; 04-22-2019, 10:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi everyone,

I am pleased to announce the latest version of the plugin updated for Unreal Engine v4.22 !

Available on http://ar.uplugins.com !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You cannot turn off the camera while tracking. The only way to shut down the plugin is to call the cleanup node. http://ar.uplugins.com/cleanup/

Is it possible to turn off the camera? I'm trying to use another pluggin that uses the camera, the thing is that if I leave the camera turned on for this pluggin I can never initialize it again or when I try to call the other pluggin to receive the camara feed there is a high chance that the app crashes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is it possible to turn off the camera? I'm trying to use another pluggin that uses the camera, the thing is that if I leave the camera turned on for this pluggin I can never initialize it again or when I try to call the other pluggin to receive the camara feed there is a high chance that the app crashes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It only works with webcameras.
    In case you can make your Kinect act as a webcam somehow it may work, but it won't use the depth camera of the Kinect for tracking.

Originally posted by sonkuma View Post
    Hi Adam, Can I use kinect v2 instead of webcam? also, I'd like to know if it's possible with blueprint.
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Adam, Can I use kinect v2 instead of webcam? also, I'd like to know if it's possible with blueprint.
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Christiaaaaan View Post
    Good Day! I'm still fascinated about this, I'm new to this and I'm wondering if I can try AR using my computer or do I really need a phone that is capable of AR. Thanks!
    Hello,

The plugin also runs on windows / mac.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X