Augmented Reality for UE4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, here it is:
    I created brand new project and copied the plugin into it, everything according to the tutorial for full version and it has the same problem.
    Here is the apk, you can install it using the bat file and see the app doesn't work on any android device:
    https://ufile.io/aelc6
    Please keep in mind it doesn't matter if it's single apk or apk + obb, the result is the same.

Comment

Ok, so you have uploaded your project it without the .obb file. I told you it won't work ...
      Can you upload your project with the .obb file ? I can't test without it.

The .bat file is required only for testing, not for publishing your project on google play.

The only modification you need to make before uploading to the store is to change one line:

In SampleProject\Plugins\ARToolkitPlugin\Source\ARToolkitPlugin\ARToolkitPlugin_APL.xml there is a line:

String obbPath = Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory() + "/obb/";

Try to change it to:

String obbPath = Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory() + "/Android/obb/";

Can you please try the demo on the store ?
      https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...unreal4ar.demo

I've uploaded it using the same method, and tested with many samsung / lg phones, and worked without any issues.

Originally posted by Moonmana View Post
      Ok, here it is:
      I created brand new project and copied the plugin into it, everything according to the tutorial for full version and it has the same problem.
      Here is the apk, you can install it using the bat file and see the app doesn't work on any android device:
      https://ufile.io/aelc6
      Please keep in mind it doesn't matter if it's single apk or apk + obb, the result is the same.
      AR plugin for UE4
      AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
      Red Alert 2 VR remake
      Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Originally posted by AdamHorvath View Post

The only modification you need to make before uploading to the store is to change one line:
        In SampleProject\Plugins\ARToolkitPlugin\Source\ARToolkitPlugin\ARToolkitPlugin_APL.xml there is a line:
        String obbPath = Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory() + "/obb/";
        Try to change it to:
        String obbPath = Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory() + "/Android/obb/";
        That would save so much time if the line would be in your documentation as well as the requirement to use obb.

Thank you, it works now.

Here are the brief results of the testing:
        There are 3 things which affect on the ability to init camera:
        1. If you ever launched the app using launch button in unreal editor
        2. If "Package game data inside apk" checkbox is checked
        3. If the line described above is changed

So if you launch the app using unreal editor it copies artoolkit folder to sdcard folder and then doesn't matter if you checked "package game data inside apk" or not, the app will work, doesn't matter if you installed it using bat file or through the store.
        If you didn't launch and the folder is not in the sdcard folder then if the checkbox is checked the app won't work. However if the checkbox is NOT checked it will work only being installed through the bat file and not through the appstore. And to make it work through the appstore the ARToolkitPlugin_APL.xml should be changed as described above.

Please add these 2 things to your manual, to save other people time. Thank you!

Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I am glad it's working now. I've updated the manual accordingly.

Originally posted by Moonmana View Post
          That would save so much time if the line would be in your documentation as well as the requirement to use obb.

Thank you, it works now.

Here are the brief results of the testing:
          There are 3 things which affect on the ability to init camera:
          1. If you ever launched the app using launch button in unreal editor
          2. If "Package game data inside apk" checkbox is checked
          3. If the line described above is changed

So if you launch the app using unreal editor it copies artoolkit folder to sdcard folder and then doesn't matter if you checked "package game data inside apk" or not, the app will work, doesn't matter if you installed it using bat file or through the store.
          If you didn't launch and the folder is not in the sdcard folder then if the checkbox is checked the app won't work. However if the checkbox is NOT checked it will work only being installed through the bat file and not through the appstore. And to make it work through the appstore the ARToolkitPlugin_APL.xml should be changed as described above.

Please add these 2 things to your manual, to save other people time. Thank you!
          AR plugin for UE4
          Red Alert 2 VR remake
          Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

the link is not working

Comment

Which link ?

Originally posted by KeshavS007 View Post
              the link is not working
              AR plugin for UE4
              Red Alert 2 VR remake
              Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hi, there.

1 quick and maybe dummy question.

in the documentation u said

"d. iOS

You will need a Mac computer to package your code project for IOS devices!"
                Still needed a mac computer?
                www.opossum.es
                Malaga,Melilla (Spain)

Comment

Hi,

As far as I know macOS / xCode is required to compile any C++ code for iOS.

Originally posted by generico View Post
                  Hi, there.

1 quick and maybe dummy question.

in the documentation u said

Still needed a mac computer?
                  AR plugin for UE4
                  Red Alert 2 VR remake
                  Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hey Adam, just sent you a message about an issue with my billing and account, could you please look into it?

Comment

Hello,

I've sent you an answer in email.

Originally posted by magekyou View Post
                      Hey Adam, just sent you a message about an issue with my billing and account, could you please look into it?
                      AR plugin for UE4
                      Red Alert 2 VR remake
                      Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hello Adam,
                        First, I want to thank you for your work that allows us to develop augmented reality games with unreal engine. I bought your plugin yesterday and I have a problem to deploy it on an Iphone 5c. I can deploy blank cpp projects so my certificates work. I am at your disposal if you have any questions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	18472727_764658123704181_226099592_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	1128020
                        LogPlayLevel: Project.Run: ********** RUN COMMAND STARTED **********
                        LogPlayLevel: Project.RunInternal: Starting Client....
                        LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Deploy Task, Time: 170.540005
                        LogPlayLevel: CommandUtils.Run: Run: /usr/bin/env /usr/bin/instruments -w '3680e251d2c3680826b09460048f8d0dc431f45e' -t 'Activity Monitor' -D "/Users/yohann/Documents/Unreal Projects/Sample/Saved/StagedBuilds/IOS/launch.trace" 'com.unreal4ar.demo'
                        LogPlayLevel: Deleting /Users/yohann/Documents/Unreal Projects/Sample/Saved/StagedBuilds/IOS/launch.trace
                        LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception: AutomationTool.AutomationException: Launch Failure
                        LogPlayLevel: at IOSPlatform.PostRunClient (IProcessResult Result, AutomationTool.ProjectParams Params) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
                        LogPlayLevel: at Project.RunStandaloneClient (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 DeployContextList, System.String ClientLogFile, ERunOptions ClientRunFlags, System.String ClientApp, System.String ClientCmdLine, AutomationTool.ProjectParams Params) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
                        LogPlayLevel: at Project.RunInternal (AutomationTool.ProjectParams Params, System.String ServerLogFile, System.String ClientLogFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
                        LogPlayLevel: at Project.Run (AutomationTool.ProjectParams Params) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
                        LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=150 (Error_DeviceNotSetupForDevelopment)
                        LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Run Task, Time: 8.603191
                        LogPlayLevel: RunUAT ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
                        PackagingResults:Error: Error Launch failed! Failed to launch on device. Make sure your device has been enabled for development from within the Xcode Devices window.
                        LogTempisplay: Running Mono...
                        LogTempisplay: Setting up Mono
                        LogTempisplay: /Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_4.15/Engine /Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_4.15
                        LogTempisplay: Executing iPhonePackager certificates Engine -bundlename com.unreal4ar.demo
                        LogTempisplay: CWD: /Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_4.15/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/IOS
                        LogTempisplay: Initial Dir: /Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_4.15/Engine
                        LogTempisplay: Env CWD: /Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_4.15/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/IOS
                        LogTempisplay: BranchPath = DESKTOP-DR0TVQJ///Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_4.15/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/IOS/../.. --- GameBranchPath = DESKTOP-DR0TVQJ///Users/Shared/Epic Games/UE_4.15/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/IOS/../..
                        LogTempisplay: CERTIFICATE-Name:iPhone Developer: Yohan JANIN (SR8DCY467E),Validity:VALID,StartDate:2017-05-02T10:21:06.0000000Z,EndDate:2018-05-02T10:21:06.0000000Z
                        LogTempisplay: CERTIFICATE-Name:iPhone Developer: Yohan JANIN (SR8DCY467E),Validity:VALID,StartDate:2017-05-02T10:22:01.0000000Z,EndDate:2018-05-02T10:22:01.0000000Z
                        LogTempisplay: CERTIFICATE-Name:iPhone Developer: Yohan JANIN (SR8DCY467E),Validity:VALID,StartDate:2017-05-12T18:48:15.0000000Z,EndDate:2018-05-12T18:48:15.0000000Z
                        LogTempisplay: Looking for a certificate that matches the application identifier 'D7TK89579H.*'
                        LogTempisplay: PROVISION-File:1a161e8e-55a8-4641-ac20-b69a66da6e6e.mobileprovision,Name:Archeologievirtuelle,Validity:VALID,StartDate:12/05/2017 19:04:55,EndDate:12/05/2018 19:04:55,TypeEVELOPMENT
                        LogTempisplay: Looking for a certificate that matches the application identifier 'D7TK89579H.*'
                        LogTempisplay: .. Failed to find a valid certificate that was in date
                        LogTempisplay: PROVISION-File:5abeb112-856f-457a-847c-cfcc226703e0.mobileprovision,Name:Archeologievirtuelle,Validity:NO_CERT,StartDate:04/04/2017 18:51:26,EndDate:04/04/2018 18:51:26,TypeEVELOPMENT
                        LogTempisplay: PROVISION-File:Archeologievirtuelle.mobileprovision,Name:Archeologievirtuelle,Validity:VALID,StartDate:12/05/2017 19:04:55,EndDate:12/05/2018 19:04:55,TypeEVELOPMENT
                        LogTempisplay: PROVISION-File:UE4_1a161e8e-55a8-4641-ac20-b69a66da6e6e.mobileprovision,Name:Archeologievirtuelle,Validity:VALID,StartDate:12/05/2017 19:04:55,EndDate:12/05/2018 19:04:55,TypeEVELOPMENT
                        LogTempisplay: PROVISION-File:UE4_5abeb112-856f-457a-847c-cfcc226703e0.mobileprovision,Name:Archeologievirtuelle,Validity:NO_CERT,StartDate:04/04/2017 18:51:26,EndDate:04/04/2018 18:51:26,TypeEVELOPMENT
                        LogTempisplay: MATCHED-Provision:Archeologievirtuelle,File:1a161e8e-55a8-4641-ac20-b69a66da6e6e.mobileprovision,Cert:iPhone Developer: Yohan JANIN (SR8DCY467E)

Comment

Hello,

I am sure it's not plugin related, but something regarding your provision / certificate files.

Check out the following lines from your log:

LogTempisplay: PROVISION-File:UE4_5abeb112-856f-457a-847c-cfcc226703e0.mobileprovision,Name:Archeologievirtuelle,Validity:NO_CERT,StartDate:04/04/2017 18:51:26,EndDate:04/04/2018

Seems like UE4 can't find your certificate file. Can you please check it ?

Originally posted by avirtuelle View Post
                          Hello Adam,
                          First, I want to thank you for your work that allows us to develop augmented reality games with unreal engine. I bought your plugin yesterday and I have a problem to deploy it on an Iphone 5c. I can deploy blank cpp projects so my certificates work. I am at your disposal if you have any questions.
                          AR plugin for UE4
                          Red Alert 2 VR remake
                          Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hey!

I've got a quick question:

Is it possible to modify the display output on a mobile device in a way that the camera feed is shown as SBS monoscopic VR?
                            This way it would be possible to take a phone + Google Cardboard and cheaply demo mixed reality with some tracked surfaces.

As the output would be monoscopic (only one camera, thus not double the image processing) the performance shouldn't suffer a great deal
                            I imagine.
                            Monoscopic of course has obvious drawbacks, I'm just interested in the overall doability of this use case.
                            Another deal breaker would be if the image quality was just too bad to bear which would again depend on the present camera.

Kind regards

Comment

Hello,

You can get the web camera feed as a texture, and use it on two planes to mimic side by side video. It's definitely doable but, the video feed won't be stereo.

Originally posted by Schnittbrot View Post
                              Hey!

I've got a quick question:

Is it possible to modify the display output on a mobile device in a way that the camera feed is shown as SBS monoscopic VR?
                              This way it would be possible to take a phone + Google Cardboard and cheaply demo mixed reality with some tracked surfaces.

As the output would be monoscopic (only one camera, thus not double the image processing) the performance shouldn't suffer a great deal
                              I imagine.
                              Monoscopic of course has obvious drawbacks, I'm just interested in the overall doability of this use case.
                              Another deal breaker would be if the image quality was just too bad to bear which would again depend on the present camera.

Kind regards
                              AR plugin for UE4
                              Red Alert 2 VR remake
                              Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hello I checked th Demo version. GetMarketMatrix input accepts 0-63 (AR_MATRIX_CODE_3×3). Is there any way to use AR_MATRIX_CODE_6×6 even it is not recommended ?

Comment

Working...
                                X