Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Augmented Reality for UE4

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hey guys and girls

    I am looking at using this plugin as a good method for importing a webcam into an unreal environment, does anyone know how I could isolate the dynamic texture aspect of this plugin for that use?

    Comment


      Hi Adam, love the plugin, been successful with it so far.
      Wanted to see (hopefully I didn`t miss this question in the last 15 pages) about Live Texturing of Augmented Reality Characters from Colored Drawings.
      So basically I want to do a coloring book and have the camera capture the image and translate into the textures.

      Here is a sample http://www.quivervision.com/apps/quiver/
      And another from Disney https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWzurBQ81CM

      Has anyone done this in UE4?

      Thanks

      Comment


        Originally posted by AdamHorvath View Post
        Please send me an email to info@unreal4ar.com with your order number, and I'll send you a new link.

        i tried to download the v1_7 version, but failed again.

        i send you an email with my order number.

        Comment


          Hi,

          I've just sent you an alternate link.




          Originally posted by wangcong View Post
          i tried to download the v1_7 version, but failed again.


          i send you an email with my order number.
          AR plugin for UE4
          AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
          Red Alert 2 VR remake
          Armed Island VR RTS

          Comment


            Hey guys, run into another problem here. I'm trying to bring in Alembic Cached geometry with animation on it, yet when i run it on my phone i see nothing ?

            Comment


              Hey Adam,

              Will we still need the source version of Unreal Engine 1.15 to use your newly updated 1.7 AR plugin? Also, will we need to keep doing so in the near future?

              Thanks!

              Comment


                It's not necessary anymore. You can use the binary version of UE 4.15.

                Originally posted by envaal View Post
                Hey Adam,

                Will we still need the source version of Unreal Engine 1.15 to use your newly updated 1.7 AR plugin? Also, will we need to keep doing so in the near future?

                Thanks!
                AR plugin for UE4
                AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
                Red Alert 2 VR remake
                Armed Island VR RTS

                Comment


                  Hi,

                  You can use the plugin as a camera plugin on any platforms (Android, iOS, macOS, Windows). All you need to do is to remove some marker related nodes from the sample projects. (LoadMarkers, GetMarker)


                  Originally posted by SilentNavi View Post
                  Hey guys and girls

                  I am looking at using this plugin as a good method for importing a webcam into an unreal environment, does anyone know how I could isolate the dynamic texture aspect of this plugin for that use?
                  AR plugin for UE4
                  AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
                  Red Alert 2 VR remake
                  Armed Island VR RTS

                  Comment


                    Hey, I've just noticed that using a post processing volume affects the camera feed. For example, in my project I'm making changes to auto exposure through a postprocess volume, but this is also affecting the camera view resulting in a washed out view. This breaks the realism pretty badly. Is there any way to utilize a post process volume on an object without impacting the view of the real-world?

                    UPDATE: Nevermind, I figured it out using post processing materials
                    Last edited by CaptParis000; 02-28-2017, 09:30 PM.

                    Comment


                      Hi,
                      My project requires 2D matrix image, but only 3 * 3 in source, I need 5 * 5 matrix image
                      Http://www.artoolworks.com/support/app/marker.php this page can not be opened, can someone help me?
                      thank you

                      Comment


                        Once you have your new marker files copy them into your AR project's Content/ARToolkit/Data or DataNFT directory, and add them to Markers or MarkersNFT enumerations
                        Ok so i've gone through the necessary steps of creating my nft marker and ive added it to the correct directory, my problem is that you state that i must add them to the MarkersNFT Enumerations, how does one do this ?

                        Edit : Fixed, it seems everytime i post i find the answer Least it helps in some way
                        Last edited by PiEdawg; 03-01-2017, 06:12 AM.

                        Comment


                          how can i have 3 different models each with a different marker ( hiro, kanji, sample1 ) in the same scene ? i cannot figure out how to assign a marker to a model. only the hiro marker works.

                          Comment


                            Hi,I use DEMO version of Plugin then I follow through this step

                            "Setup your iOS development enviroment,

                            - Launch unreal engine editor (4.10, 4.11, 4.12 or later) (I use 4.14 version)
                            - Create a new C++ code project without starter content (I create the name of project same as ARSample.uproject)
                            - Copy all files from SampleProject(Include ARSample.uproject) directory to your new project directory >click replace (while UE4.14 open C++ blank Project)
                            - In UE4 editor File -> Refresh xcode project (optional)
                            - Exit from unreal engine editor
                            - Launch your new project from epic launcher (in my case warning message popup that artoolkit plugin module not found)
                            - Click on rebuild missing DLLs when prompted
                            - Go to edit -> project settings -> iOS and import your mobile provision and certificate files
                            - Press the “Launch on iOS device” button"

                            and when I lunch on my iPad2 this error log ..

                            LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool: ERROR: Couldn't find module rules file for module 'ARToolkitPlugin'.

                            Help me please.

                            Comment


                              Hi,

                              The DEMO version is for Windows and macOS only.

                              Originally posted by nut3doj View Post
                              Hi,I use DEMO version of Plugin then I follow through this step

                              "Setup your iOS development enviroment,

                              - Launch unreal engine editor (4.10, 4.11, 4.12 or later) (I use 4.14 version)
                              - Create a new C++ code project without starter content (I create the name of project same as ARSample.uproject)
                              - Copy all files from SampleProject(Include ARSample.uproject) directory to your new project directory >click replace (while UE4.14 open C++ blank Project)
                              - In UE4 editor File -> Refresh xcode project (optional)
                              - Exit from unreal engine editor
                              - Launch your new project from epic launcher (in my case warning message popup that artoolkit plugin module not found)
                              - Click on rebuild missing DLLs when prompted
                              - Go to edit -> project settings -> iOS and import your mobile provision and certificate files
                              - Press the “Launch on iOS device” button"

                              and when I lunch on my iPad2 this error log ..

                              LogPlayLevel: UnrealBuildTool: ERROR: Couldn't find module rules file for module 'ARToolkitPlugin'.

                              Help me please.
                              AR plugin for UE4
                              AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
                              Red Alert 2 VR remake
                              Armed Island VR RTS

                              Comment


                                Yes you can! Need to add all markers to the markers enumeration, and use a GetMarker node for each markers.

                                Originally posted by taos3d View Post
                                how can i have 3 different models each with a different marker ( hiro, kanji, sample1 ) in the same scene ? i cannot figure out how to assign a marker to a model. only the hiro marker works.
                                AR plugin for UE4
                                AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
                                Red Alert 2 VR remake
                                Armed Island VR RTS

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X