Augmented Reality for UE4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi
    I got problem when run app on android device(Samsung Note Edge), the camera resolution is 320x240 which way too low. How can i fix this?
    And how can i build your plugin from source code? Thanks

Comment

Hi, my problem is solved Adam ! It was because the Unreal.js plugin was enabled !

Comment

Maybe you need vpn to download it or you can change your dns server for a try,By the way, I am Chinese too

Comment

Hi! Plugin works great just out of the box...well I am a liitle confused about unreal 4 and blueprints etc. (newbie). Could someone please point me to the right direction how to "connect" meshes to specified Marker (i'd like to add 10 own markers and 10 different objects to them). Do I need to do it from "Edit ARToolkitBase blueprints" or am I just a little stupid cause can't find the solution of multimarkers...
          Anyway Adam great job. (I have unreal 4.1.3 and commercial lisence) and i got my own 3d animations dancing on top of my own taken picture with samsung galaxy s2 Tab and YES with very nice shadows!
          Thanks

Comment

Check out this page:
            http://www.unreal4ar.com/mobile-video-resolutions/

Originally posted by illunara View Post
            Hi
            I got problem when run app on android device(Samsung Note Edge), the camera resolution is 320x240 which way too low. How can i fix this?
            And how can i build your plugin from source code? Thanks
            AR plugin for UE4
            AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
            Red Alert 2 VR remake
            Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback! It's good to know it was because of another plugin.

Originally posted by Denis View Post
              Hi, my problem is solved Adam ! It was because the Unreal.js plugin was enabled !
              AR plugin for UE4
              Red Alert 2 VR remake
              Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Great! I am glad it's working now!

Originally posted by Boldarc_Dan View Post
                **Solution to webcam init error for android development on Google Play Store**

Many thanks to Ádám for his quick and insightful replies. This solved it for us right away.
                Remind me to send you a X-mas gift for this one Ádám!
                AR plugin for UE4
                Red Alert 2 VR remake
                Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Thank you so so much for this!
                  Lenny Gordon
                  lenny@hammer-on.com
                  http://www.hammer-on.com

Comment

No problem with developer mode,Android phone screen is white in shipping mode
                    I'm using a personal edition Please help me

Webcam does not give init error, I just get the white screen error

Android ScreenShot : Click image for larger version

Name:	LongScreenshot_2016-12-12-10-30-24.png
Views:	1
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	1119962
                    Log : http://m.yollayap.com/ba3s/1481528156576.txt
                    Last edited by Faru Nuri Sönmez; 12-12-2016, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamHorvath View Post
                      Android screen in shipping mode does not show white camera,No problem in developer mode

Comment

Originally posted by Boldarc_Dan View Post
                        **Solution to webcam init error for android development on Google Play Store**

Many thanks to Ádám for his quick and insightful replies. This solved it for us right away.
                        Remind me to send you a X-mas gift for this one Ádám!
                        Originally posted by AdamHorvath View Post

Solution road does not work,Help please

Click image for larger version

Name:	X942G5.png
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	1120107

Click image for larger version

Name:	bkbQ1m.png
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	1120108
                        Last edited by Faru Nuri Sönmez; 12-14-2016, 08:30 AM.

Comment

I recently ran across a packaging issue with Android builds, so I figured I'd share my solution here.

The AndroidThunkJava_UnpackData method in ARToolkitPlugin_APL.xml assumes that the project name is the same as the last element of the android package name (a.k.a. the 'appname' in 'com.mycompany.appname').
                          If this isn't the case, it unpacks /Content/ARToolkit to the wrong place on-device, causing AR initialization to fail during runtime.

So for instance, if you have a project called 'MyAugmentedRealityApp' and set its Android Package Name to 'com.mycompany.MyAugmentedRealityApp', then your application will work as intended.
                          If you then change the package name to 'com.mycompany.augmentedreality', the app will package and run, but as soon as you try to initialize AR it will fail and complain that it can't load camera_para.dat.

This can be solved by modifying ARToolkitPlugin_APL.xml and replacing the following lines:
                          Code:
                            String ProjectName = getApplicationContext().getPackageName();
                            ProjectName = ProjectName.substring(ProjectName.lastIndexOf('.') + 1);
                          with the following:

Code:
                            String ProjectName = getPackageName();
                            ProjectName = ProjectName.substring(ProjectName.lastIndexOf('.') + 1);
                            try {
                          	  ApplicationInfo ai = getPackageManager().getApplicationInfo(getPackageName(), PackageManager.GET_META_DATA);
                          	  Bundle bundle = ai.metaData;

// Get the project name from AndroidManifest.xml
                          	  if (bundle.containsKey("com.epicgames.ue4.GameActivity.ProjectName"))
                          	  {
                          		  ProjectName = bundle.getString("com.epicgames.ue4.GameActivity.ProjectName");
                          		  Log.debug( "Found ProjectName = " + ProjectName);
                          	  }
                          	  else
                          	  {
                          		  Log.debug( "Did not find ProjectName, using package name = " + ProjectName);
                          	  }
                            }
                            catch (NameNotFoundException e)
                            {
                          	  Log.debug( "Failed to load meta-data: NameNotFound: " + e.getMessage());
                            }
                            catch (NullPointerException e)
                            {
                          	  Log.debug( "Failed to load meta-data: NullPointer: " + e.getMessage());
                            }
                          This is a modified version of Epic's code from GameActivity.java, and thus guarantees that the plugin's project name will be in sync with the engine's.

Having shipped two projects with this plugin, I have to say- it's good when it works, but needing to use a template project and having the plugin make assumptions based on that makes it quite frustrating to develop with, which kind of sucks given the asking price.
                          Unreal Build Tool provides all the functionality required to avoid this, so it'd be great to see it evolve in the future and become truly plug & play to the degree where you can simply drop it into an existing project and go.
                          Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 12-15-2016, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Hi Axel,

Thank you for posting your solution! I'll check this and update for the next version.

Originally posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
                            I recently ran across a packaging issue with Android builds, so I figured I'd share my solution here.

The AndroidThunkJava_UnpackData method in ARToolkitPlugin_APL.xml assumes that the project name is the same as the last element of the android package name (a.k.a. the 'appname' in 'com.mycompany.appname').
                            If this isn't the case, it unpacks /Content/ARToolkit to the wrong place on-device, causing AR initialization to fail during runtime.

So for instance, if you have a project called 'MyAugmentedRealityApp' and set its Android Package Name to 'com.mycompany.MyAugmentedRealityApp', then your application will work as intended.
                            If you then change the package name to 'com.mycompany.augmentedreality', the app will package and run, but as soon as you try to initialize AR it will fail and complain that it can't load camera_para.dat.

AR plugin for UE4
                            Red Alert 2 VR remake
                            Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

has anyone an idea how to change the default chair into a animation? i can change it into a static mesh, but no moving things? Is that because i use the demo version of the AR,.. or do i miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by wontonanimalchin View Post
                                has anyone an idea how to change the default chair into a animation? i can change it into a static mesh, but no moving things? Is that because i use the demo version of the AR,.. or do i miss something?
                                sorry,.. missed a replymany pages ago, thanx a lot, it works great: It's quite simple. Just import your skeletal mesh into UE4 , and drop into your scene. Then open the level blueprint and change the target of SetActorRotation/SetActorPosition/SetActorHiddenInGame to the SkeletalMeshActor you have just created. Change it only for one marker at the same time.

That is all!

Comment

Working...
                                X