Augmented Reality for UE4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Open the level blueprint, and find the Get Marker Node - > Try to multiply the camera position vector by (2.0, 2.0, 2.0).

Originally posted by jrdn92 View Post
    Hi Adam,

I've gotten this plugin working perfectly except for one small hitch. I'm using the camera position based method to project a model of a house on the markers. Its working fine, except the house is modeled at house scale so its rather huge and takes up most of the screen even on a small marker. Is there any way to make the projected mesh appear smaller without actually translating/scaling any of the house geo?
    AR plugin for UE4
    AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
    Red Alert 2 VR remake
    Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

hello,
      I own the full version of the plugin

How do I correct MultiPattern?
      I can make NFT And Pattern....but i can't use multi both
      please help me

Comment

Hi

I was wondering what version of the libPNG you are using with this plugin?
        We are running into a issue with the android store and the libPNG. Our Unreal 4 version has the latest libPNG.
        But does the plugin?
        I believe that it has to be above 1.5.27

Best

Comment

The solution was to delete the libPNG.a file within the plugin folder.
          Compile and now it works on the Google Play Store.

Best

Comment

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the solution!
            I removed libpng.a from the latest 1.6R3 zip package, also updated the plugin for Unreal Engine 4.14

Best Regards,
            Adam
            AR plugin for UE4
            Red Alert 2 VR remake
            Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

[QUOTE=iLLogic808;516697]
              So im trying to final a presentation i made with your plugin but the client prefers the orientation to have the home button to the right. This allows the camera on the ipad to be in a more natural position for AR viewing.

So I tried both options quoted above both individually and simultaneously and yet the camera sill is inverted for the ideal setting:

Project Settings -> IOS -> Orientation -> Support landscape right orientation (Checked)

Is their something else in the blueprint that may require the camera to be rotated 180 degrees landscape right is set? I guess another option would be for the UMG ui to not completely rotate but have each button just rotate 180 and stay in place...any thoughts on how to do either?

Here is an image of my mouse and wacom stylus defying gravity for ref.

Hi,

Do you solved your problem? I have same issue.
              my hardware: macmini osx 10.12.1 xcode 8.1 ipadmini3 ios10.1 UE4.12.5
              I can package it to ipa,and then launch it by ITunes,it ok,but the camera like yours, it is against!

Lucas
              Last edited by 山楂卷; 11-26-2016, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Hi,
                Keep up with awesome job keeping plugin up to date.
                Any plans on adding support for rest 2D Barcode (Data Matrixes) other than simple 3x3?
                And any plans on supporting ARToolkit 6 when it comes out (most likely end of 2016 or start of 2017)?

Comment

Hi, i solved my problem,just Project Settings -> IOS -> Orientation -> Support landscape left orientation (Checked),and other unchecked

Comment

Hi I downloaded the demo version (I'm using UE4.14) of Your plugin, but when I try to package for Windows I get the following error:
                    UnrealBuildTool: ERROR: No modules found to build. All requested binaries were already part of the installed engine data.
                    I've managed to get rid of it by creating a None type empty Class called "MyClass", bu the I get the following error:
                    UnrealBuildTool: ERROR: Couldn't find module rules file for module 'ARToolkitPlugin'.

Comment

Hello I have installed successfully the plugin, the scene works on my computer (with launch and pakcage) but not on my android phone (nexus 5) when I'm trying to lauch or package it I have this error :
                      ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: C:\Users\Denis\Documents\Unreal Projects\TestBuildingAR\Binaries\Android\TestBuildingAR-armv7-es2.so
                      What can I do?
                      Thanks

Comment

Hi, I'm using logitech c920r webcam, but there are only 640x480 on screen.
                        I changed ARToolkitDevice.cpp's webcamresX and Y but not working...
                        How can I change resolution 640x480 to 1920x1080?

Comment

Hi,

The free demo version is working only in the editor. It's not possible to package your game with it.

Originally posted by f1th4p View Post
                          Hi I downloaded the demo version (I'm using UE4.14) of Your plugin, but when I try to package for Windows I get the following error:

I've managed to get rid of it by creating a None type empty Class called "MyClass", bu the I get the following error:
                          AR plugin for UE4
                          Red Alert 2 VR remake
                          Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hi,

I can not tell you too much based on this single line you pasted.

Did you follow my instructions ?
                            http://www.unreal4ar.com/getting-started-full-version/

Originally posted by Denis View Post
                            Hello I have installed successfully the plugin, the scene works on my computer (with launch and pakcage) but not on my android phone (nexus 5) when I'm trying to lauch or package it I have this error :

What can I do?
                            Thanks
                            AR plugin for UE4
                            Red Alert 2 VR remake
                            Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hi

We are developing a AR Toolkit app for Google play store. But we keep getting webcam init error when we distribute the app through the store. I know this issue has been presented in this thread before But i have not seen any solution to the problem. I have searched around the web and found that there are several developers that have the same issue.

1. The issue is not present when publishing to a phone using the .bat files
                              2. If you have used the .bat files to publish once to a device the files will still be there unless you delete them manually. It will then seem like the store version is working when it's really not. Because Android does not uninstall all the files.
                              3. When installing on a fresh / new Android phone the install works and the app opens. But users are presented with a white screen and the debug message "webcam init error"

We believe that this is due to

A. The Data and DataNFT folders not being installed correctly on the target device. So AR Tookit doesn't find them and instead defaults the camera to 0,0,0.
                              B. Android requires special permissions when installing. It doesn't get it so the Data and DataNFT folders are placed outside of the application directory and the AR Toolkit can't find them.

APK is executed correctly as far as we can tell.
                              OBB installs wrongly as far as we can tell.

I am happy for any and all replies to this.
                              Best
                              Dan

Comment

**Solution to webcam init error for android development on Google Play Store**

Many thanks to Ádám for his quick and insightful replies. This solved it for us right away.
                                Remind me to send you a X-mas gift for this one Ádám!

Please try the following:

Before you build / upload your app to the store:

In SampleProject\Plugins\ARToolkitPlugin\Source\ARToolkitPlugin\ARToolkitPlugin_APL.xml there is a line:

String obbPath = Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory() + "/obb/";

Try to change it to:

String obbPath = Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory() + "/Android/obb/";

Comment

Working...
                                X