No announcement yet.

Augmented Reality for UE4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not yet, only landscape and portrait modes with auto focus are supported at the moment, but I put this to my todo list and will add it to later versions.

Originally posted by CornKrue View Post
    Hi Adam,

Is there any way to rotate the Camera stream OR the UI (probably the worse option) for 180°? At the moment, the device's Camera Points to the bottom, which is quite unpractical in some use cases.

Also would it be possible to use the "tap to focus" feature like in the iOS photo app or somehow else improve camera focus and resolution without decreasing the marker recognition ability?

Thank you for your help!
    AR plugin for UE4
    AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
    Red Alert 2 VR remake
    Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Originally posted by AdamHorvath View Post
      Hi,

I could not reproduce the issue....

Just tried with 4.13.1 and iOS 10.0.2 using iPhone 5S, and worked without any issues.
      Did you get any error message in your output log ?

(I am using this free app to debug iOS errors, https://lemonjar.com/iosconsole/)
      I have attached the crash report. In particular, it says: "This app has crashed because it attempted to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSCameraUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data."

When you tried to reproduce the issues, did you create a new project with a new name? Because maybe, if you used the name of a previous iOS app, that app was already authorised for the camera ... just trying to guess.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the logs, it makes sense now ...
        I removed the app from my iPhone first, and launched again from UE4 editor. It asked for permission for the first run and worked the same way as before.

I'll try with different project name.

Thanks again!

Originally posted by rranon View Post
        I have attached the crash report. In particular, it says: "This app has crashed because it attempted to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSCameraUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data."

When you tried to reproduce the issues, did you create a new project with a new name? Because maybe, if you used the name of a previous iOS app, that app was already authorised for the camera ... just trying to guess.
        AR plugin for UE4
        Red Alert 2 VR remake
        Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Originally posted by rranon View Post
          Hi rranon,

According to this link:
          http://useyourloaf.com/blog/privacy-settings-in-ios-10/

seems like if you are compiling your app against the new iOS SDK 10, you need to add an extra key/value pair to your info.plist file to have camera access.
          (If you are using the previous iOS 9 SDK, like I do the app will work on both iOS9 and iOS 10 without the extra key/value pair)

Add permission in info.plist file base on your error log.

NSCameraUsageDescription

<key>NSCameraUsageDescription</key>
          <string>$(PRODUCT_NAME) camera use.</string>

In UE4 ->Project settings -> iOS there is an extra PList data field, where you can add the text above.
          AR plugin for UE4
          Red Alert 2 VR remake
          Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hey Everyone Trying to use the plugin v 1_6r2 with unreal 4.13.1 in OSX 10.11.16.
            I get this..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snip20161017_2.png
Views:	1
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	1116769

Comment

Hi,

You need to compile the missing module from source.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Install xcode from apple app store
              2. Launch unreal engine editor (4.10, 4.11, 4.13 or later)
              3. Create a new C++ code project without starter content
              4. Copy all files from SampleProject directory to your new project directory
              5. In UE4 editor File -> xcode project (optional)
              6. Exit from unreal engine editor
              7. Launch your new project from epic launcher
              8. Click on rebuild missing DLLs when prompted
              9. Optional: Click on File -> Package project -> OSX

Originally posted by iLLogic808 View Post
              Hey Everyone Trying to use the plugin v 1_6r2 with unreal 4.13.1 in OSX 10.11.16.
              I get this..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]114069[/ATTACH]
              AR plugin for UE4
              Red Alert 2 VR remake
              Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hey Guys,

Today is my 3rd day on Unreal. So very new. I am really trying to develop something for a project at work. I need to get a Full Screen Webcam stream in Unreal. I have Unreal4.13. Can anyone please show me how to do this or have got a plugin that I can import? Please help. Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
                Sameer

Comment

Hello Sameer,

Welcome to the unreal community!

If you download the free DEMO version of the plugin from UNREAL4AR.COM , you can try the basic example with webcam stream.

Instructions to get started:
                  http://www.unreal4ar.com/getting-started-demo/

I hope it helps!

Originally posted by SameerDeakin View Post
                  Hey Guys,

Today is my 3rd day on Unreal. So very new. I am really trying to develop something for a project at work. I need to get a Full Screen Webcam stream in Unreal. I have Unreal4.13. Can anyone please show me how to do this or have got a plugin that I can import? Please help. Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
                  Sameer
                  AR plugin for UE4
                  Red Alert 2 VR remake
                  Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hi rranon,

According to this link:

seems like if you are compiling your app against the new iOS SDK 10, you need to add an extra key/value pair to your info.plist file to have camera access.
                    (If you are using the previous iOS 9 SDK, like I do the app will work on both iOS9 and iOS 10 without the extra key/value pair)

NSCameraUsageDescription

In UE4 ->Project settings -> iOS there is an extra PList data field, where you can add the text above.
                    Hi Adam,

thanks for looking into this. I didn't even know I was compiling using iOS 10 SDK, I thought I was using the 9 SDK ...

Comment

Originally Posted by Orkney View Post
                      Hi Adam,

Im having trouble on IOS, I have successfully deployed to IOS but when the game starts I get the 'webcam init failed' error with the UI showing and a white background. I searched this thread and found Android users suffering the same problems, so I am not quite sure where to go from here. I can send you the logs if you tell me where I can find them, I assume they will be in the IOS Devices directory?

Michael
                      Hi Michael,

Please send me the log to info@unreal4ar.com

Hi Adam,
                      Im having the same problem.Do you find how to resolve this issue?
                      Thank you for your help!

Li.
                      Last edited by 咬大人; 10-20-2016, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 咬大人 View Post
                        Hi Adam,
                        Im having the same problem.Do you find how to resolve this issue?
                        Thank you for your help!

Li.
                        Hi Li,

According to this link:

NSCameraUsageDescription

AR plugin for UE4
                        Red Alert 2 VR remake
                        Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

How is it that most of the projects here are more impressive than any games from major developers? I've seen more innovative ideas here than in the past 10 years playing games.

Comment

Hi Li,

According to this link:

NSCameraUsageDescription

I added these strings to UE4 ->Project settings -> iOS,and now i can launch my app in iphone but it proves an error log in screen show that "webcam init failed".

Comment

Hi Li,

(I am using this free app to debug iOS errors, https://lemonjar.com/iosconsole/)

The log you sent me in email was the build log, but to debug run-time erros I need to see your output log.

Originally posted by 咬大人 View Post
                              I added these strings to UE4 ->Project settings -> iOS,and now i can launch my app in iphone but it proves an error log in screen show that "webcam init failed".
                              AR plugin for UE4
                              Red Alert 2 VR remake
                              Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hi Li,

The log you sent me in email was the build log, but to debug run-time erros I need to see your output log.
                                Hi Adam,
                                I've got the same issue in android and there is the debug log file
                                Thanks.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X