No announcement yet.

Augmented Reality for UE4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having purchased a license, I have successfully followed the 'Getting Started (FULL version)' tutorial and I can get my Logitech c920 working with the package and it displays the motorbike, fully textured. Awesome.

Being a newcomer to UE4, (I'm on 4.13), it would be helpful/essential to have guidance on starting a scene from scratch. Can you point be to a step-by-step process for which components I need and what I need to change from a new, blank project, perhaps with just a cube or simple mesh rather than a scaling motorbike with all the interface etc. I will ultimately be aiming to bring an FBX model of a simple building into this.

Thanks.
    Kind Regards
    Richard
    -------------------
    www.blinkimage.com

Comment

I'm following the blog post "Augmented Reality in Unreal Engine 4" that gives a setup from scratch, but I need a bit more info please. When I get to the 'Level Blueprint', what do I do first? Can you give me a step-by-step instruction as I am pretty new to this? I presume I manually need to create the nodes from your graphics as the Level Blueprint contains nothing at all.
      Kind Regards
      Richard
      -------------------
      www.blinkimage.com

Comment

Hi Adam,

Im having trouble on IOS, I have successfully deployed to IOS but when the game starts I get the 'webcam init failed' error with the UI showing and a white background. I searched this thread and found Android users suffering the same problems, so I am not quite sure where to go from here. I can send you the logs if you tell me where I can find them, I assume they will be in the IOS Devices directory?

Michael
        My Game Frontier Devblog HERE

Comment

That is a whole new level of awesome, imagine immersive aug environments next... Im going to make something like that I cant wait to see what you do with this. next you should map the room and create a game with this.
          Allow others to map there rooms and have actual bigteam battles in arl lol.

Comment

Hi,

I'm interested in creating a level in which the Camera is moved instead of the augmented object. In GetMarker-blueprint node there are outputs for Camera position and rotation vectors, but no explanation on how to use them. Which camera should I move around to achieve this?

Regards,
            Mikko

Comment

Hi,

You can find an example blueprint for this in the full version. It's not part of the DEMO version.

Just create a new camera, and transform it using the output of the get marker node's camera position / rotation vectors.

Originally posted by miolfo View Post
              Hi,

I'm interested in creating a level in which the Camera is moved instead of the augmented object. In GetMarker-blueprint node there are outputs for Camera position and rotation vectors, but no explanation on how to use them. Which camera should I move around to achieve this?

Regards,
              Mikko
              AR plugin for UE4
              AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
              Red Alert 2 VR remake
              Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Originally posted by Orkney View Post
                Hi Adam,

Im having trouble on IOS, I have successfully deployed to IOS but when the game starts I get the 'webcam init failed' error with the UI showing and a white background. I searched this thread and found Android users suffering the same problems, so I am not quite sure where to go from here. I can send you the logs if you tell me where I can find them, I assume they will be in the IOS Devices directory?

Michael
                Hi Michael,

Please send me the log to info@unreal4ar.com
                AR plugin for UE4
                Red Alert 2 VR remake
                Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Oh my god!!! This is really awesome. I'm also a senior interactive developer so I can understand the value of it.
                  Augmented Reality Company | Virtual Mirror | Mobile Augmented Reality

Comment

Hi Adam,

Is there any way to rotate the Camera stream OR the UI (probably the worse option) for 180°? At the moment, the device's Camera Points to the bottom, which is quite unpractical in some use cases.

Also would it be possible to use the "tap to focus" feature like in the iOS photo app or somehow else improve camera focus and resolution without decreasing the marker recognition ability?

Thank you for your help!

Comment

Hi Adam,

i am a pretty dump new learner,I just want to know how you trigger the fighting scene matinee.i am still clueless.please tell me a little bit

Comment

Hi Adam.

I own the full version of the plugin, i have tried to run the sample project (Motorcycle one) deployed on an ipad pro with ios 10, and it crashes during the splash screen every time, tried the same project with an iphone 5 with ios 9 and it works fine, is there any way to fix this or do i have to wait for an update of the plugin?

thanks in advance

Comment

Hello,

Please some help!

I paid for the licence, now im trying to compile the APK for android, but im getting this error when opening the app in the smartphone:

E/libEGL ( 6844): called unimplemented OpenGL ES API
                          E/libar ( 6844): Error (2): unable to open camera parameters file "/storage/sdcard1/UE4Game/ew_ar3/ew_ar3/Content/ARToolkit/Data/camera_para.dat" for reading.
                          E/libar ( 6844): No such file or directory
                          If I copy the file manually it works, but I dont understand why the file is not being packed or copied?

EDIT: many attempts later, this files were also missing:

http://prntscr.com/ctc1wx

Click image for larger version

Name:	5ee636001bdf4a4ea6ed2d27a0c92ecc.png
Views:	1
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	1116602

How to fix this problem?

Thanks for the urgent help!
                          Last edited by phoenixsampras; 10-13-2016, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by alerosas2 View Post
                            Hi Adam.

I own the full version of the plugin, i have tried to run the sample project (Motorcycle one) deployed on an ipad pro with ios 10, and it crashes during the splash screen every time, tried the same project with an iphone 5 with ios 9 and it works fine, is there any way to fix this or do i have to wait for an update of the plugin?

thanks in advance
                            I confirm the issue. I am using the latest version of the plugin, UE 4.13.1, Xcode 8. Either launching from UE4 or packaging and installing the provided ArtToolKitAdvanced demo on an iPhone 5SE with iOS 10.0.2 results in the app crashing during splash screen.

Comment

Hi,

Please make sure to generate the .obb file too. Otherwise it won't be able to find the required data files.

Originally posted by phoenixsampras View Post
                              Hello,

Please some help!

I paid for the licence, now im trying to compile the APK for android, but im getting this error when opening the app in the smartphone:

If I copy the file manually it works, but I dont understand why the file is not being packed or copied?

EDIT: many attempts later, this files were also missing:

http://prntscr.com/ctc1wx

[ATTACH=CONFIG]113597[/ATTACH]

How to fix this problem?

Thanks for the urgent help!
                              AR plugin for UE4
                              Red Alert 2 VR remake
                              Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hi,

I could not reproduce the issue....

Just tried with 4.13.1 and iOS 10.0.2 using iPhone 5S, and worked without any issues.
                                Did you get any error message in your output log ?

(I am using this free app to debug iOS errors, https://lemonjar.com/iosconsole/)

Originally posted by rranon View Post
                                I confirm the issue. I am using the latest version of the plugin, UE 4.13.1, Xcode 8. Either launching from UE4 or packaging and installing the provided ArtToolKitAdvanced demo on an iPhone 5SE with iOS 10.0.2 results in the app crashing during splash screen.
                                AR plugin for UE4
                                Red Alert 2 VR remake
                                Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Working...
                                X