No announcement yet.

Augmented Reality for UE4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just recognized your new post. Thank you for posting the actual state of your work.
    I tried it immediately. As I do not have a printer at home I used a mobile device to display the Hiro marker. Although the mobile device display produced an overexposed image for the camera, your example project was still able to recognize the marker if it was close enough to the camera (and not the whole display of my phone was white on camera's image).
    Tomorrow I will have a look at it with a paper marker.
    It is very promising, keep up the good work.

Comment

Really great job,and I truly appreciate your time and effort
      Thanks for this wonderful project.

Comment

I've added NFT (Natural Feature Tracking) to the upcoming plugin. Generally any image can be used as a "marker".
        NFT is also working on Android.

Blueprint used in the video:

Click image for larger version

Name:	bp_ar.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	389.6 KB
ID:	1091158
        AR plugin for UE4
        AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
        Red Alert 2 VR remake
        Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

The NFT based solution seems even better and Android support is also important for us too.

Comment

This is super awesome. Why no love for mac and iOS ? I'd really love to test this out.

Comment

I just found this and it is really good, thank you! It works fine for me in Windows so far.
              Are you also planning to release the source code of the plugin? It would be nice to check it and maybe contributing too!

Comment

Hi,

I've updated the plugin and the sample project, with NFT feature, and MAC OSX support. (Working on the iOS code...)

How to test ?
                ===========

1. Download the file on the link below and unzip it's contents to your UE4 project directory.
                http://get.fitnect.hu/download.php?f...Sample_1_1.zip

2. Print the markers located in PDF

- There are 4 markers here: Kanji , Hiro, Sample 1, Sample 2. (Print at least Hiro, to get started!)
                - For NFT use pinball.jpg
                - Make sure to print them in their original size, and there should be a white border around the marker.

3. Run Epic Games launcher, and install Unreal Engine 4.9.2

4. In Epic Games launcher open ARSample project

5. Connect your webcam, and press the play button inside the editor!

6. Video stream should appear, move the markers (Hiro / Pinball.jpg) in front of the camera

7. Default unreal 3D chairs should appear on the screen.

More info about marker tracking can be found on the following link:
                http://artoolkit.org/documentation/d...g:marker_about

There are two main blueprints in the example:

ARToolkitBase blueprint
                ===================

- Default webcam init (640x480 default resolution)
                - Initializes the video stream and creates a dynamic texture based on the baseFeed material
                - Loading markers (Marker list can be edited in the Markers and MarkersNFT enumerations - Content browser: Contents/ARToolkit/Blueprints/Markers , Markers NFT
                - Cleaning up at the end.

Level blueprint
                ===================

- Transformation of the "chairs" based on marker positions / rotations.

CubeHiro, CubeNFT
                ===================

- Simple static meshes - Feel free to change them!

Cheers,
                Adam
                AR plugin for UE4
                Red Alert 2 VR remake
                Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Originally posted by kinzua01 View Post
                  This is super awesome. Why no love for mac and iOS ? I'd really love to test this out.
                  Check out the updated version with MAC OSX support! iOS will be also supported...
                  AR plugin for UE4
                  Red Alert 2 VR remake
                  Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Originally posted by hmartinez View Post
                    I just found this and it is really good, thank you! It works fine for me in Windows so far.
                    Are you also planning to release the source code of the plugin? It would be nice to check it and maybe contributing too!
                    My plan is to release the plugin in two constructions:

1. Binary editor version of the plugin for Windows, MAC OSX - (maybe with some limitations) - FREE
                    2. Binary editor + run-time versions, and the full source code for all platforms including mobile (Windows, OSX, iOS, Android) - Price is to be determined, suggestions are welcome!

(Please note that the Andorid version will require some engine source modifications and won't be available as a "binary only" plugin.)
                    AR plugin for UE4
                    Red Alert 2 VR remake
                    Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

The future is here!
                      My Porfolio

Comment

How come the editor crashes every time I launch the game? Am I missing something?

My webcam is on and I cannot get any result with either builds...

I'm running the game from the editor, on windows 8.

Comment

This is awesome and I would definitely be ready to pay for a plugin that would FINALLY bring UE to the AR fun...

However, I read an interview about Epic CEO saying AR will be the next big thing (yes...), I cannot believe that Epic is not working on this as a key upcoming feature for UE.

Have you tried to contact them to show what you are doing with your plugin? There might be a way to join your efforts to do something very stable and ambitious.

And again, I am not trying NOT to pay for this plugin, I'll be very happy to reward you for the great work.
                          I just hope that we can have an ambitious AR plugin that will be updated on the long term and bringing new AR features all the time! And I feel Epic could (should) help on this!

Comment

Originally posted by BoroD View Post
                            How come the editor crashes every time I launch the game? Am I missing something?

My webcam is on and I cannot get any result with either builds...

I'm running the game from the editor, on windows 8.
                            Please check if there is any special character in your project path. If so, copy it to a simple directory like c:\UnrealProjects\ARSample

I hope it helps!
                            AR plugin for UE4
                            Red Alert 2 VR remake
                            Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Originally posted by guillaumeb View Post
                              This is awesome and I would definitely be ready to pay for a plugin that would FINALLY bring UE to the AR fun...

However, I read an interview about Epic CEO saying AR will be the next big thing (yes...), I cannot believe that Epic is not working on this as a key upcoming feature for UE.

Have you tried to contact them to show what you are doing with your plugin? There might be a way to join your efforts to do something very stable and ambitious.

And again, I am not trying NOT to pay for this plugin, I'll be very happy to reward you for the great work.
                              I just hope that we can have an ambitious AR plugin that will be updated on the long term and bringing new AR features all the time! And I feel Epic could (should) help on this!
                              I've applied for DevGrants, sent them all the videos / demos, and the link to this thread.
                              No answer yet, but let's hope the best!

Also it would be great to work on AR concepts with EpicGames officially, I am really into it!

Meanwhile I am doing some work on my own, and learning the engine. :-)
                              Last edited by AdamHorvath; 10-29-2015, 12:51 PM.
                              AR plugin for UE4
                              Red Alert 2 VR remake
                              Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

wow this plugin is amazing,do you mind if i test it in a project using trading cards (mtg in this case) and let it animate the creatures and spells? could release it for pub documentation ,however will do the release with the final plugin then ?

Comment

Working...
                                X