No announcement yet.

Augmented Reality for UE4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm trying to have 3 distinct markers display 3 different meshes. Would anyone have an example on how to go about doing this? Or perhaps some pointers? I currently have the 3 markers setup and its working fine, however they all display the same mesh. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Norbi View Post
      I'm trying to have 3 distinct markers display 3 different meshes. Would anyone have an example on how to go about doing this? Or perhaps some pointers? I currently have the 3 markers setup and its working fine, however they all display the same mesh. Any help would be appreciated.
      Hi Norbi,

The easiest way would be to add all the 3 actors with different meshes to the scene, and control their visibility (SetActorHiddenInGame node) with marker visibility parameter. Check out the ARToolkitSimple map's level blueprint for reference.
      AR plugin for UE4
      AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
      Red Alert 2 VR remake
      Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hello, I have not use unreal, but I am trying to make a quick demo with my own design (I already have a license). How can I change only the artwork to use my own, I mean how can I change the bike for my demo.

Comment

Originally posted by jpmeouchi View Post
          Hello, I have not use unreal, but I am trying to make a quick demo with my own design (I already have a license). How can I change only the artwork to use my own, I mean how can I change the bike for my demo.
          Open AR_Actor_TOUCH, and click on it's static mesh component. In it's details menu (on the right) change the static mesh property to your own mesh.
          AR plugin for UE4
          Red Alert 2 VR remake
          Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hi everyone,

I've update the plugin for Unreal Engine v4.12!
            v1.5 Revision 1 for UE4.12 is available for download on unreal4ar.com!
            AR plugin for UE4
            Red Alert 2 VR remake
            Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Static Mesh broke

Click image for larger version

Name:	bcb61b85-f068-49b4-8fa9-4596d5227ab1.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	1107881

Does anyone knows why is my model broke? can it be because is too complex?

Comment

Does anyone knows why is my model broke? can it be because is too complex?
                How does it look like in the editor ?
                AR plugin for UE4
                Red Alert 2 VR remake
                Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Originally posted by AdamHorvath View Post
                  How does it look like in the editor ?
                  Perfectly fine! I am running it on an iPhone 6s and an Ipad Pro, in both it look broke.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-06-08 at 3.58.06 AM.png
Size:	457.5 KB
ID:	1107900

Comment

Perfectly fine! I am running it on an iPhone 6s and an Ipad Pro, in both it look broke.
                    Can you try to package and deploy an empty project that displays the 3D model only? (without plugins just to see if the problem is AR plugin related)
                    AR plugin for UE4
                    Red Alert 2 VR remake
                    Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Can you try to package and deploy an empty project that displays the 3D model only? (without plugins just to see if the problem is AR plugin related)
                      I already tried, and it runs smoothly. The problem is only when using the AR plugin.

Comment

I already tried, and it runs smoothly. The problem is only when using the AR plugin.
                        Can you send me the 3D model to info@unreal4ar.com ? I am not sure what is going on without seeing it.
                        AR plugin for UE4
                        Red Alert 2 VR remake
                        Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Can you send me the 3D model to info@unreal4ar.com ? I am not sure what is going on without seeing it.
                          I already send you the last mesh, it is in the MergedMeshes folder.

Comment

Hey Adam,

Could you please take a look at this thread perhaps: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...k-with-Android

And maybe tell us if that person is doing something wrong? Because if we can't get the data and dataNFT folders to copy over automatically, we can't make an app that can be put on the play store (as far as my limited knowledge goes regarding creating apps). I'm having this same problem, it works after i copy over the folders manually. But I can't get the packaging to include the ARtoolkit folder.
                            Thanks for your time.

Comment

Originally posted by envaal View Post
                              Hey Adam,

Could you please take a look at this thread perhaps: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...k-with-Android

And maybe tell us if that person is doing something wrong? Because if we can't get the data and dataNFT folders to copy over automatically, we can't make an app that can be put on the play store (as far as my limited knowledge goes regarding creating apps). I'm having this same problem, it works after i copy over the folders manually. But I can't get the packaging to include the ARtoolkit folder.
                              Thanks for your time.
                              While I'm not Adam, I was able to successfully build for Android from version 1.5 and looking at the change logs:

AR Plugin V1.4 – 2016-01-20

– UnpackData function added for Android builds (extracts data from obb to ue4game)

Anything beyond that version should work as long as you include it in the "Additional Non-Added Directories To Copy" group.

Project Settings -> Packaging (Under the Project header) -> Click the button to expand for advanced fields -> At the bottom click the + next to the field -> navigate to the ARToolkit folder

Image below, hope this helps!

Name:	ARToolkit Packaging.jpg
Size:	377.3 KB
ID:	1108536

Comment

Originally posted by envaal View Post
                                Hey Adam,

Thanks for your time.
                                Hi Envaal,

Huogo was right, it works like he described above.

One more thing. Data content is copied into the .obb file, so you have to enable it. (Don't disable it)
                                Single .apk installs won't work.

Once the user installs your app from the market, UE4 will automatically download the corresponding .obb file and the plugin will unpack all the necessary data from it at first run.
                                AR plugin for UE4
                                Red Alert 2 VR remake
                                Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Working...
                                X