Augmented Reality for UE4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdamHorvath View Post
    New version of the AR plugin is available to download!

AR Plugin V1.5

– Multiple NFT tracking (simultaneous)
    – 2D barcode MATRIX markers 3×3 (0-63)
    – Camera positions and rotations are exposed for each markers
    – Primary marker, CameraRotation / CameraPosition nodes are no longer available. (instead use CameraRotation / CameraPosition properties of individual markers)
    – Portrait mode for mobile devices (iOS – Landscape left, Portrait / Android – Landscape, Portrait)
    – New camera field of view adjustment blueprint for portrait mode.
    – Updated video materials for portrait mode
    – Works with Unreal Engine 4.10, and 4.11 (4.9 version is no longer supported)

Get the plugin from the link below:
    http://www.unreal4ar.com
    Hi Adam,

How do we get the latest version if we've already purchased a prior version?

Comment

Originally posted by dsenter View Post
      Hi Adam,

How do we get the latest version if we've already purchased a prior version?
      I've already sent out the download link to everybody in email.

You can also login to your account and download the most recent version on http://www.unreal4ar.com/my-account/
      (In case you have created a user during the checkout process.)
      AR plugin for UE4
      AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
      Red Alert 2 VR remake
      Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Are you able to track 3d objects?, in my case Im trying to track a cylindrical object like a can. Is this possible with NFT? Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by MasterOfShapes View Post
          Are you able to track 3d objects?, in my case Im trying to track a cylindrical object like a can. Is this possible with NFT? Thanks in advance
          Unfortunately it's not possible, it's working with planar objects only. Maybe in future releases of ARToolKit...
          AR plugin for UE4
          Red Alert 2 VR remake
          Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

hi,

I have buied your plugin commercial version.
            I would like to know your functions (GetMarker, GetMarkerNFT, GetMarkerMATRIX) more detail
            what does the parameters about "Position", "Rotation", "CameraPosition", "CameraRotation" mean?

ARToolkitSimple map use "Position", "Rotation", ARToolkitAdvanced map use "CameraPosition", "CameraRotation"

so, does "CameraPosition" and "CameraRotation" mean real world camera position? the origin point(0,0,0) is in "Maker"?

I have sent private mail for you.

Comment

Originally posted by IIIIID View Post
              hi,

I have buied your plugin commercial version.
              I would like to know your functions (GetMarker, GetMarkerNFT, GetMarkerMATRIX) more detail
              what does the parameters about "Position", "Rotation", "CameraPosition", "CameraRotation" mean?

ARToolkitSimple map use "Position", "Rotation", ARToolkitAdvanced map use "CameraPosition", "CameraRotation"

so, does "CameraPosition" and "CameraRotation" mean real world camera position? the origin point(0,0,0) is in "Maker"?

I have sent private mail for you.

Check out the following link:
              http://www.unreal4ar.com/blueprint-nodes/
              AR plugin for UE4
              Red Alert 2 VR remake
              Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hello, I made a similar plugin, but based on OpenCV and open-source.
                The current focus is to integrate that with VR displays and additional video sources (like drones).
                https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...plugin-for-UE4

Comment

AdamHorvath - can you check your PM and mails i sent you? Thanks.

Comment

Hello, I purchase this plugin, but I download failure, can you send the download link again? Used email is 745580913@qq.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris-Z View Post
                      Hello, I purchase this plugin, but I download failure, can you send the download link again? Used email is 745580913@qq.com.
                      Hello Chris,

Sure, no problem! Thank you for supporting my work!
                      AR plugin for UE4
                      Red Alert 2 VR remake
                      Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel-1981 View Post
                        AdamHorvath - can you check your PM and mails i sent you? Thanks.
                        Excuse me for my late response, I am not always getting the notification email from Unreal forums. Checking it now!
                        AR plugin for UE4
                        Red Alert 2 VR remake
                        Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hey Adam,

Got the the latest version working now with unreal 4.11.2.

Was wondering if you can help me with shadow artifacts. On the ios build. I have a lot of poly faces that are very flat and i'm getting horizontal and vertical noise in the shadows on the static mesh.
                          Is there a way to increase the shadow quality on the Ios build?

Kris

Comment

Also of Note for those using Unreal 4.11.2 trying to build on Mac OSX from Source. and subsequently need to build to IOS... I found some weird behaviors.

My setup is on a macbook pro 2015 using Latest El Capitan 10.11.5 / Xcode 7.3.1 / Unreal 4.11.2

When you are trying to first use the commercial plugin and yo go to this page for Unreal Project setup:
                            http://www.unreal4ar.com/documentation/

Under the OSX Section.

1. Install xcode from apple app store
                            2. Launch unreal engine editor (4.10, 4.11 or later)
                            3. Create a new C++ code project without starter content
                            4. Copy all files from SampleProject directory to your new project directory
                            5. In UE4 editor File -> xcode project (optional)
                            6. Exit from unreal engine editor
                            7. Launch your new project from epic launcher
                            8. Click on rebuild missing DLLs when prompted
                            9. Click on File -> Package project -> OSX

NOTE:

Step 4 :Make sure to select "Replace" option from the finder dialog box after you try to copy into your project file

Step 7: I noticed that if i use the "Epic Games Launcher That You can get compile errors not sure why.
                            Instead...If you First Launch Unreal 4.11.2 directly (don't launch from the project section in the "Epic games launcher") then use the "Unreal Editor Launcher" menu that comes up then select the new project it seems to compile fine.

Hope these tips help.

Comment

Originally posted by iLLogic808 View Post
                              Also of Note for those using Unreal 4.11.2 trying to build on Mac OSX from Source. and subsequently need to build to IOS... I found some weird behaviors.

My setup is on a macbook pro 2015 using Latest El Capitan 10.11.5 / Xcode 7.3.1 / Unreal 4.11.2

When you are trying to first use the commercial plugin and yo go to this page for Unreal Project setup:
                              http://www.unreal4ar.com/documentation/

Under the OSX Section.

1. Install xcode from apple app store
                              2. Launch unreal engine editor (4.10, 4.11 or later)
                              3. Create a new C++ code project without starter content
                              4. Copy all files from SampleProject directory to your new project directory
                              5. In UE4 editor File -> xcode project (optional)
                              6. Exit from unreal engine editor
                              7. Launch your new project from epic launcher
                              8. Click on rebuild missing DLLs when prompted
                              9. Click on File -> Package project -> OSX

NOTE:

Step 4 :Make sure to select "Replace" option from the finder dialog box after you try to copy into your project file

Step 7: I noticed that if i use the "Epic Games Launcher That You can get compile errors not sure why.
                              Instead...If you First Launch Unreal 4.11.2 directly (don't launch from the project section in the "Epic games launcher") then use the "Unreal Editor Launcher" menu that comes up then select the new project it seems to compile fine.

Hope these tips help.
                              Thanks for you suggestions, and comments!
                              I'll check Step 7. I did not notice the same behavior on my end.
                              AR plugin for UE4
                              Red Alert 2 VR remake
                              Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Originally posted by iLLogic808 View Post
                                Hey Adam,

Got the the latest version working now with unreal 4.11.2.

Was wondering if you can help me with shadow artifacts. On the ios build. I have a lot of poly faces that are very flat and i'm getting horizontal and vertical noise in the shadows on the static mesh.
                                Is there a way to increase the shadow quality on the Ios build?

Kris
                                Can you please post a picture of the artifact?
                                AR plugin for UE4
                                Red Alert 2 VR remake
                                Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Working...
                                X