X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AdamHorvath View Post
    Hi,

You will also need the .obb file.
    Use the .bat file (located in your staging directory) for installing the app to your phone, or use the launch button from the editor for testing purposes.

I hope it helps!
    Thanks for ansver.
    I try that, but «webcam init error» is come back.

I need help

P.S.
    1. I'm rebuild Unreal Engine — 4.9 and 4.10, like you write in instruction.
    2. create clear c++ project
    3. copy files
    4. compile the project
    5. installing app to my phone by using .bat file
    6. app is working, show me the butons, but «webcam init error»

But, then I launch project from Unreal Engine editor — it started to work on my phone well. (phone — micromax D303, android 4.4.2)

But, after recompile and setup to different device — it show me buttons and «webcam init error»

Pleas, help, I don't understending...
    Last edited by Sp0ngeA; 04-17-2016, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iLLogic808 View Post
      Ok Let me try to run the scene without the plugin thats a good point. I'll get back to you on this.
      So it appears that multi material is working on mobile.

To test it I made a couple simple materials that used constants for base color. Then I mapped the materials to their slots in the details view of my custom mesh. This worked on an and ipad air 2.

I think the build issue i was having before had to do with my source texture format perhaps? Not sure but I will looking more into it.

Comment

• Hi,
        can anyone explain me how to create my own marker ? I tried to found but didnt found anything useful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Homeak View Post
          Hi,
          can anyone explain me how to create my own marker ? I tried to found but didnt found anything useful.
          1. Create your own markers following the original ARToolkit documentation:

NFT marker:

http://www.artoolkit.org/documentati...r_nft_training

Fiducial marker:

http://www.artoolkit.org/documentati...arker_training

2. Copy the new files into YOUR_PROJECT/Content/ARToolkit/Data or DataNFT

3. Add the new market to Markers or MarkerNFT enumerations (inside UE4 editor, content browser/blueprints)

4. After the steps above you will be able to use your new markers!
          AR plugin for UE4
          AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
          Red Alert 2 VR remake
          Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

• when run this demo gives me oob error?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hashir28 View Post
              when run this demo gives me oob error?
              Which DEMO ?
              AR plugin for UE4
              Red Alert 2 VR remake
              Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

1. Create your own markers following the original ARToolkit documentation:

NFT marker:

http://www.artoolkit.org/documentati...r_nft_training

Fiducial marker:

http://www.artoolkit.org/documentati...arker_training

2. Copy the new files into YOUR_PROJECT/Content/ARToolkit/Data or DataNFT

3. Add the new market to Markers or MarkerNFT enumerations (inside UE4 editor, content browser/blueprints)

4. After the steps above you will be able to use your new markers!

Thx,
                but i mean that can i make a different marker, something like in unity. Any image of any size. Do you understand what i'm trying to say ?
                Last edited by Homeak; 04-21-2016, 07:09 AM. Reason: Forget quote

Comment

Project Settings -> IOS -> Orientation -> Uncheck one of the settings (Support landscape left orientation or Support landscape right orientation)

One of them may work.
                  Hey Adam,

So im trying to final a presentation i made with your plugin but the client prefers the orientation to have the home button to the right. This allows the camera on the ipad to be in a more natural position for AR viewing.

So I tried both options quoted above both individually and simultaneously and yet the camera sill is inverted for the ideal setting:

Project Settings -> IOS -> Orientation -> Support landscape right orientation (Checked)

Is their something else in the blueprint that may require the camera to be rotated 180 degrees landscape right is set? I guess another option would be for the UMG ui to not completely rotate but have each button just rotate 180 and stay in place...any thoughts on how to do either?

Here is an image of my mouse and wacom stylus defying gravity for ref.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2649.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	683.8 KB
ID:	1104969
                  Last edited by iLLogic808; 04-20-2016, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iLLogic808 View Post
                    Hey Adam,

So im trying to final a presentation i made with your plugin but the client prefers the orientation to have the home button to the right. This allows the camera on the ipad to be in a more natural position for AR viewing.

So I tried both options quoted above both individually and simultaneously and yet the camera sill is inverted for the ideal setting:

Project Settings -> IOS -> Orientation -> Support landscape right orientation (Checked)

Is their something else in the blueprint that may require the camera to be rotated 180 degrees landscape right is set? I guess another option would be for the UMG ui to not completely rotate but have each button just rotate 180 and stay in place...any thoughts on how to do either?

Here is an image of my mouse and wacom stylus defying gravity for ref.
                    Hi,

I would try to mirror the camera image vertically. You can do it from code only.

In YOUR_PROJECT_PATH/Plugins/ARToolkitPlugin/Source/ARToolkitPlugin/Private/ARToolkitDevice.cpp

Find the following line:
                    NSString *vconf = [NSString stringWithFormat : @"%@ %@ %@ %@ %@", @"-format=BGRA", @"-fliph", @"-flipv", @"-preset=cif", @"-position=rear"];

change to:

NSString *vconf = [NSString stringWithFormat : @"%@ %@ %@ %@ %@", @"-format=BGRA", @"-fliph", @"-noflipv", @"-preset=cif", @"-position=rear"];

I think it will fix your issue!
                    AR plugin for UE4
                    Red Alert 2 VR remake
                    Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

• Originally posted by Homeak View Post
                      Thx,
                      but i mean that can i make a different marker, something like in unity. Any image of any size. Do you understand what i'm trying to say ?
                      I think you mean NFT markers. You can use any image of your choice as a marker.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYyIXRymu6c
                      AR plugin for UE4
                      Red Alert 2 VR remake
                      Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

I think you mean NFT markers. You can use any image of your choice as a marker.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYyIXRymu6c
                        Ok, thx again. I will try and write you back.

Comment

Hi,

I would try to mirror the camera image vertically. You can do it from code only.

In YOUR_PROJECT_PATH/Plugins/ARToolkitPlugin/Source/ARToolkitPlugin/Private/ARToolkitDevice.cpp

Find the following line:
                          NSString *vconf = [NSString stringWithFormat : @"%@ %@ %@ %@ %@", @"-format=BGRA", @"-fliph", @"-flipv", @"-preset=cif", @"-position=rear"];

change to:

NSString *vconf = [NSString stringWithFormat : @"%@ %@ %@ %@ %@", @"-format=BGRA", @"-fliph", @"-noflipv", @"-preset=cif", @"-position=rear"];

I think it will fix your issue!
                          I tried this and still no results. But i might not be doing the right thing.

Here is what i tried:

1) Found the c++ file @ PROJECT_PATH/Plugins/ARToolkitPlugin/Source/ARToolkitPlugin/Private/ARToolkitDevice.cpp
                          2) Searched for "-flipv" and replaced with "-noflipv" in the above cpp file.
                          3) Saved it.
                          4) Returned to unreal and refresh the xcode project.
                          5) Build and Launched on iPad.

Still didn't work.

Do I need to make a brand new unreal project and copy the contents of the commercial zip again. Then change the cpp file then rebuild it? It seems their must be an easier way.

Best,
                          Kris

Comment

• hi!!!please help me !!!i am from china ,i pay for your tool but i can not download !!!please help me !Click image for larger version

Name:	QQ图片20160424131809.png
Views:	1
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	1105190

Comment

• Hi,
                              is the re method to place AR behind a real object ?

Comment

• Originally posted by cja View Post
                                hi!!!please help me !!!i am from china ,i pay for your tool but i can not download !!!please help me ![ATTACH=CONFIG]90161[/ATTACH]
                                I've sent you email with details. I hope it's been already resolved by now.
                                AR plugin for UE4
                                Red Alert 2 VR remake
                                Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Working...
                                X