Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikekatseli View Post
    Hi there
    I just purchased the individual licence to try the plugin and when i package to android ETC2 to try on my Gear VR (i have the note 5) it keeps telling me that "ARToolkitPlugin could not be found.
    I did as you mentioned in the instructions:

1 created c++ blank project
    2 moved the folders there
    etc

I tried also to replace the build and source in the engine folders from within the UpdatesForAndroid Folder...

Please help
    Did you build the engine completely from the source code? Just needed to ask, I had the same problem when trying it straight from the downloaded engine.

Comment

trying now...

Comment

Originally posted by mikekatseli View Post
        trying now...
        Yes, you need to build the whole engine from source. The launcher version won't build the plugin into your project. Also there are some modified engine files in the plugin that you need to use, and it is only possible by building the engine from source.

I wish there could be another way to use 3rd party plugins on mobile platforms....
        AR plugin for UE4
        AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
        Red Alert 2 VR remake
        Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Well its crazy feature anyway so it's more than good enough

Comment

Yea the feature itself is worth the source code build steps. The hardest part was getting Visual Studio to work properly on my machine. Building the actual engine using Adam's instructions was real easy. Got it working in no time once VS installed...

Comment

Hello Adam,

I buy the commercial licence, and follow the steps in readme.txt

I try to package project to Android ,but got error messages below.

How could I solve it?

(Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: Creating makefile for FishTankAR (game project files are newer)
              MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: NDK version: 19, GccVersion: 4.8
              MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: Compiling Native code with NDK API 'android-19'
              MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: Performing 3 actions (4 in parallel)
              MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: [1/3] clang++.exe UELinkerFixupsName.h [armv7-es2]
              MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: [2/3] clang++.exe UELinkerFixups.cpp [armv7-es2]
              MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: [3/3] clang++.exe FishTankAR-armv7-es2.so
              MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: C:/Users/cyril_hsu/Documents/Unreal Projects/FishTankAR/Plugins/ARToolkitPlugin/Source/ARToolkitPlugin/Private/ARToolkitDevice.cpp:736: error: undefined reference to 'AndroidThunkCpp_CamStop()'
              MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: C:/Users/cyril_hsu/Documents/Unreal Projects/FishTankAR/Plugins/ARToolkitPlugin/Source/ARToolkitPlugin/Private/ARToolkitDevice.cpp:175: error: undefined reference to 'FJavaWrapper::Buffer'
              MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Source\Runtime/Core/Public\Android/AndroidMisc.h:96: error: undefined reference to 'FJavaWrapper::newFrame'
              MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Source\Runtime/Core/Public\Android/AndroidMisc.h:96: error: undefined reference to 'FJavaWrapper::FrameWidth'
              MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Source\Runtime/Core/Public\Android/AndroidMisc.h:96: error: undefined reference to 'FJavaWrapper::FrameHeight'
              MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Source\Runtime/Core/Public\Android/AndroidMisc.h:96: error: undefined reference to 'FJavaWrapper::Buffer'
              MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: C:/Users/cyril_hsu/Documents/Unreal Projects/FishTankAR/Plugins/ARToolkitPlugin/Source/ARToolkitPlugin/Private/ARToolkitDevice.cpp:342: error: undefined reference to 'AndroidThunkCpp_UnpackData()'
              MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: C:/Users/cyril_hsu/Documents/Unreal Projects/FishTankAR/Plugins/ARToolkitPlugin/Source/ARToolkitPlugin/Private/ARToolkitDevice.cpp:666: error: undefined reference to 'AndroidThunkCpp_CamStart()'
              MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: C:/NVPACK/android-ndk-r10e/sources/cxx-stl/gnu-libstdc++/4.8/include\bits/basic_string.h:249: error: undefined reference to 'FJavaWrapper::FrameHeight'
              MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: C:/NVPACK/android-ndk-r10e/sources/cxx-stl/gnu-libstdc++/4.8/include\bits/basic_string.h:249: error: undefined reference to 'FJavaWrapper::FrameWidth'
              MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: clang++.exe: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
              MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: -------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
              MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: C:\Users\cyril_hsu\Documents\Unreal Projects\FishTankAR\Binaries\Android\FishTankAR-armv7-es2.so
              MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): UnrealBuildTool: Total build time: 20.95 seconds

Comment

Hello Adam
                I have a problem
                I downloaded ARPlugin_DEMO_v1_4
                and i runing ARSampleUEv4_10
                and its worked only editir in play mode
                but if build project for windows then project starts but does not specify the camera and writes a message (Webcam init error)

Comment

Hi Adam.
                  I package apk file with obb, but it wont initialize camera on device.
                  The game doesn't copy Content/ARToolkit folder to mobile device, even thou i added Aditional non-asset folder to copy, and aditional non-asset folder to package.
                  Tried it on Xperia Aqua M4, Samsung Galaxy Mega and Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
                  When i copy and create folder manualy, camera resloution is 2x2 until marker is recongized.
                  What could be the problem?
                  Last edited by media4marko; 03-23-2016, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Hello Adam! Thank you for your work! Now i'm struggling to change chair on a fight scene. You wrote:
                    It's quite simple. Just import your skeletal mesh into UE4 , and drop into your scene. Then open the level blueprint and change the target of SetActorRotation/SetActorPosition/SetActorHiddenInGame to the SkeletalMeshActor you have just created. Change it only for one marker at the same time.
                    How can i add the UE standart fight matinee to your scene? I try to compose 2 scene in one level. If i just connect MatineeActor to Functions that's conects but didn't works. I'll glad to receive your answer.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamHorvath View Post
                      Hi David,

My plan is to add this feature for the upcoming 1.5 version of the plugin. The release date will be after the final release of UE 4.11.

Thanks for you patience!
                      Hi Adam!

Looks like 4.11 was released today. Any thoughts on when we get more advanced examples or a new update?

Comment

you must be kidding mate. Take a look at all the other Kits out there. Vuforia you pay by the user and its based of ARtoolkit. I am more than happy to pay someone for their work and he has does something no one else is offering Opensource or otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by BlizAce View Post
                          you must be kidding mate. Take a look at all the other Kits out there. Vuforia you pay by the user and its based of ARtoolkit. I am more than happy to pay someone for their work and he has does something no one else is offering Opensource or otherwise.
                          I'm a Little confused is this response toward me?

I am looking for more examples of advanced integrations. Especially iOS deployments.

For Example. Its seems multi material objects will work with the plugin if you use it on your webcam via your computer and running the plugin from unreal. However I tried deploying to an ipad and was getting asserts on multi-material static meshes. If I applied a single material to the entire mesh is works fine.. but for my case I'm attempting to do some architectural visualization which requires me to apply multiple material types to a static mesh.

I'm already a commercial purchaser of the product so I was looking for the next update.

Comment

I am looking for more examples of advanced integrations. Especially iOS deployments.

For Example. Its seems multi material objects will work with the plugin if you use it on your webcam via your computer and running the plugin from unreal. However I tried deploying to an ipad and was getting asserts on multi-material static meshes. If I applied a single material to the entire mesh is works fine.. but for my case I'm attempting to do some architectural visualization which requires me to apply multiple material types to a static mesh.

I'm already a commercial purchaser of the product so I was looking for the next update.
                            Hi,

I just started to work with 4.11 as it's quite new. Off course the plugin will support the new version, I am expecting to release the new version approx in 7-10 days.

Well, I am not quite sure about the multi-material question, if you could provide me an example would be great.

Are you sure the problem is related to the AR plugin ?
                            Can you run you scene on your iPad without using the plugin ?

Thanks,
                            Adam
                            AR plugin for UE4
                            AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
                            Red Alert 2 VR remake
                            Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Originally posted by iLLogic808 View Post
                              I'm a Little confused is this response toward me?

Yeah the reply wanted posted in the correct spot. I was under the assumption that reply would be placed under the post you were reply to. I was replying to someone who thinks that Adam ripped AR toolkit

Anyway Adam I have was hoping you could tell me if there is a way to update the camera and back plane to one marker that you have picked up ( Using NFT and the normal Markers at the same time tends to move my object to the NFT marker)
                              Last edited by BlizAce; 04-04-2016, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Hi,
                                Thanks for your great plugin, I want to know is it possible to use custom pattern, I meant replace Hiro to another word ?
                                ABC Augmented Reality by UE4
                                GooglePlay

ArchVis VR

Comment

Working...
                                X