Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Augmented Reality for UE4

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Cheers Adam, sent 2 different logs, from PC and Mac, also using version 1.2 of your plugin.
    | QuinnVR | Portfolio | Twitter |

    Comment


      Hi, AdamHorvath
      I got errors when package apk as follows, please help
      -------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): UnrealBuildTool: ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: E:\unreal\project\MyProject5\Plugins\ARToolkitPlugin\Binaries\Android\UE4-ARToolkitPlugin-armv7-es2.a
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): UnrealBuildTool: Total build time: 43.04 seconds
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): CommandUtils.Run: Run: Took 43.0933755s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=5
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationUtils.Automation: Command failed (Result:5): E:\unreal\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.exe MyProject5 Android Development E:\unreal\project\MyProject5\MyProject5.uproject -remoteini="E:\unreal\project\MyProject5" -noxge -rocket -NoHotReloadFromIDE -ignorejunk. See logfile for details: 'UnrealBuildTool-2016.02.19-14.27.22.txt'
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): Stacktrace: at AutomationTool.CommandUtils.RunAndLog(String App, String CommandLine, String Logfile, Int32 MaxSuccessCode, String Input, ERunOptions Options, Dictionary`2 EnvVars)
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): at AutomationTool.CommandUtils.RunUBT(CommandEnvironment Env, String UBTExecutable, String CommandLine, String LogName, Dictionary`2 EnvVars)
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): at AutomationTool.UE4Build.BuildWithUBT(String ProjectName, String TargetName, UnrealTargetPlatform TargetPlatform, String Config, String UprojectPath, Boolean ForceMonolithic, Boolean ForceNonUnity, Boolean ForceDebugInfo, Boolean ForceFlushMac, Boolean DisableXGE, String InAddArgs, Boolean
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): ForceUnity, Dictionary`2 EnvVars)
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): at AutomationTool.UE4Build.Build(BuildAgenda Agenda, Nullable`1 InDeleteBuildProducts, Boolean InUpdateVersionFiles, Boolean InForceNoXGE, Boolean InUseParallelExecutor, Boolean InForceNonUnity, Boolean InForceUnity, Boolean InShowProgress, Dictionary`2 PlatformEnvVars)
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): at Project.Build(BuildCommand Command, ProjectParams Params, Int32 WorkingCL)
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): at BuildCommand.Execute()
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary`1 Commands)
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String[] CommandLine)
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(Action`1 Main, Object Param)
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): at AutomationTool.Program.Main()
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=5
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): Domain_ProcessExit
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): copying UAT log files...
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
      MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): BUILD FAILED
      PackagingResults:Error: Error Unknown Error

      Comment


        Originally posted by laoniustudio View Post
        Hi, AdamHorvath
        I got errors when package apk as follows, please help
        -------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): UnrealBuildTool: ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: E:\unreal\project\MyProject5\Plugins\ARToolkitPlugin\Binaries\Android\UE4-ARToolkitPlugin-armv7-es2.a
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): UnrealBuildTool: Total build time: 43.04 seconds
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): CommandUtils.Run: Run: Took 43.0933755s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=5
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationUtils.Automation: Command failed (Result:5): E:\unreal\Epic Games\4.10\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.exe MyProject5 Android Development E:\unreal\project\MyProject5\MyProject5.uproject -remoteini="E:\unreal\project\MyProject5" -noxge -rocket -NoHotReloadFromIDE -ignorejunk. See logfile for details: 'UnrealBuildTool-2016.02.19-14.27.22.txt'
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): Stacktrace: at AutomationTool.CommandUtils.RunAndLog(String App, String CommandLine, String Logfile, Int32 MaxSuccessCode, String Input, ERunOptions Options, Dictionary`2 EnvVars)
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): at AutomationTool.CommandUtils.RunUBT(CommandEnvironment Env, String UBTExecutable, String CommandLine, String LogName, Dictionary`2 EnvVars)
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): at AutomationTool.UE4Build.BuildWithUBT(String ProjectName, String TargetName, UnrealTargetPlatform TargetPlatform, String Config, String UprojectPath, Boolean ForceMonolithic, Boolean ForceNonUnity, Boolean ForceDebugInfo, Boolean ForceFlushMac, Boolean DisableXGE, String InAddArgs, Boolean
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): ForceUnity, Dictionary`2 EnvVars)
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): at AutomationTool.UE4Build.Build(BuildAgenda Agenda, Nullable`1 InDeleteBuildProducts, Boolean InUpdateVersionFiles, Boolean InForceNoXGE, Boolean InUseParallelExecutor, Boolean InForceNonUnity, Boolean InForceUnity, Boolean InShowProgress, Dictionary`2 PlatformEnvVars)
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): at Project.Build(BuildCommand Command, ProjectParams Params, Int32 WorkingCL)
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): at BuildCommand.Execute()
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary`1 Commands)
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String[] CommandLine)
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(Action`1 Main, Object Param)
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): at AutomationTool.Program.Main()
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=5
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): Domain_ProcessExit
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): copying UAT log files...
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
        MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (Multi:ETC1)): BUILD FAILED
        PackagingResults:Error: Error Unknown Error
        Hi,

        I can't see too much from this log fragment, Can you please send me the full log to info@unreal4ar.com
        See logfile for details: 'UnrealBuildTool-2016.02.19-14.27.22.txt'

        Thanks,
        Adam
        AR plugin for UE4
        AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
        Red Alert 2 VR remake
        Armed Island VR RTS

        Comment


          Adam, just send the output log to you, thanks

          Comment


            Originally posted by laoniustudio View Post
            Adam, just send the output log to you, thanks
            Thanks! Just sent you an answer with solution!
            AR plugin for UE4
            AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
            Red Alert 2 VR remake
            Armed Island VR RTS

            Comment


              Very nice project. How did you get the shadow on the table?

              Comment


                It's an invisible plane I believe
                | QuinnVR | Portfolio | Twitter |

                Comment


                  Originally posted by AdamHorvath View Post
                  It only looks transparent in certain lighting conditions. The shadow receiver material is a normal opaque material, but the background is an unlit material.
                  You need to tweak the emissive color value in the BaseFeedScreen material (opaque shadow receiver material) to look identical with BaseFeedScreenNoShadow (unlit video background material).

                  There is a division node between the color and the emissive parameters. Try to tweak that parameter to make it match with your light setup.

                  Divide with:

                  - Higher number -> darker look
                  - Lower -> lighter look

                  For the tweaking make the shadow receiver plane smaller so you will see it's borders better from any angles.
                  Thanks Adam. This works in a limited way while the shadow receiver plane is small - my emissive parameter tweak results in a very good transparency. However when the shadow receiver scale grows beyond about 10x the distant edges of the plane show up as a darker gradient and become obvious.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by AdamHorvath View Post
                    I'll check the 2D barcodes, and let you now if I find out how to make them work.
                    Adam - have you had a chance to look into the 2D barcodes?

                    Comment


                      Hi Adam,

                      Is it possible to improve the video quality to e.g. get a 1080p resolution with an iPhone. The "Get Camera Resolution"-Call seems to not get the best available resolution.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by CornKrue View Post
                        Hi Adam,

                        Is it possible to improve the video quality to e.g. get a 1080p resolution with an iPhone. The "Get Camera Resolution"-Call seems to not get the best available resolution.
                        I optimized the plugin for performance, and compatibility to run on low / mid-range devices, also I found that marker detection is more reliable on lower resolutions.

                        It will be controllable from blueprint in the future.

                        Currently you can only change it from code.

                        IOS:

                        ARToolkitDevice.cpp

                        NSString *vconf = [NSString stringWithFormat : @"%@ %@ %@ %@ %@", @"-format=BGRA", @"-fliph", @"-flipv", @"-preset=cif", @"-position=rear"];


                        -preset parameter can be::

                        cif, 480p, 720p, 1080p, low, medium, high


                        Android:

                        Change values to 640 x 480.

                        AndroidJNI.cpp line 95

                        //Camera
                        FrameWidth = 320;
                        FrameHeight = 240


                        GameActivity.java

                        surfaceTexture.setDefaultBufferSize(320,240);

                        later on the same file....

                        cameraParam.setPreviewSize(320, 240);
                        AR plugin for UE4
                        AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
                        Red Alert 2 VR remake
                        Armed Island VR RTS

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by DavidRR View Post
                          Adam - have you had a chance to look into the 2D barcodes?

                          Hi David,

                          My plan is to add this feature for the upcoming 1.5 version of the plugin. The release date will be after the final release of UE 4.11.

                          Thanks for you patience!
                          AR plugin for UE4
                          AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
                          Red Alert 2 VR remake
                          Armed Island VR RTS

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by DavidRR View Post
                            Thanks Adam. This works in a limited way while the shadow receiver plane is small - my emissive parameter tweak results in a very good transparency. However when the shadow receiver scale grows beyond about 10x the distant edges of the plane show up as a darker gradient and become obvious.
                            If you copy the light source and the material settings from the Motorbike demo you will get a perfect transparent shadow receiver plane, even on distant edges there will be no gradient.
                            Yes it's limited solution because it works only under certain light conditions. (For example in the demo you can only change the angle of the shadow)

                            I could not find a better solution for that, unfortunately there is no matte shadow material in unreal 4.
                            AR plugin for UE4
                            AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
                            Red Alert 2 VR remake
                            Armed Island VR RTS

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Steve_T View Post
                              It's an invisible plane I believe
                              It's a little tricky. There is a shadow receiver plane with a normal opaque material under the subject. It is set to be on the plane of the marker. In the background there is another plane with an unlit material They have the same screen space UV -s coordinates. You need to tweak both the materials and the light source to get the same look for both planes.
                              AR plugin for UE4
                              AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
                              Red Alert 2 VR remake
                              Armed Island VR RTS

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by AdamHorvath View Post
                                It's a little tricky. There is a shadow receiver plane with a normal opaque material under the subject. It is set to be on the plane of the marker. In the background there is another plane with an unlit material They have the same screen space UV -s coordinates. You need to tweak both the materials and the light source to get the same look for both planes.
                                Ok that is quite complicated xD
                                | QuinnVR | Portfolio | Twitter |

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X