Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DavidRR View Post
    Adam,

Will you further explain the Primary output on GetMarker? How are specific markers configured as primary? Maybe it will help to let me quickly explain what would be useful. I'd like to use 1 or up to 5 unique markers for camera control - one marker for each corner of the playfield. Ideally at least 2 markers will be visible to the webcam at all times for more accurate camera placement. Other markers will be for game assets / characters and should not influence the camera.

Depending on what happens with 2D barcodes the technique I'm considering could change. Currently I should be able to iterate thru two groups of markers, checking for visibility and position. One group would be the camera control group and the second group would be for game assets. If the marker types can be configured as primary when loaded then it would be very useful for new nodes to be created that would return an array of visible primary markers and another for non-primary markers. Hopefully the returned array would include the position and rotation of each marker so that additional queries aren't needed.

Best Regards,
    David

Well I am not quite sure how you want to control 1 camera with 5 markers ... You will get different rotations / positions from each markers.
    Currently the primary marker is the one which actually controls the camera. It's been set automatically by the plugin, and it's usually the last detected marker.

I am going to rework this in v1.5, and expose camera rotations / positions for each markers.
    AR plugin for UE4
    AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
    Red Alert 2 VR remake
    Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Originally posted by DavidRR View Post
      Hi again Adam,

Are you aware that one of the cube planes in the demo is not fully transparent? I have no skills in materials and haven't been able to make any useful changes while keeping the object shadow. This edge will move with the camera. Efforts to post a photo here are failing with database error but the problem is pretty easy to spot if you move the camera around and keep it low to look off into the horizon.

David
      It only looks transparent in certain lighting conditions. The shadow receiver material is a normal opaque material, but the background is an unlit material.
      You need to tweak the emissive color value in the BaseFeedScreen material (opaque shadow receiver material) to look identical with BaseFeedScreenNoShadow (unlit video background material).

There is a division node between the color and the emissive parameters. Try to tweak that parameter to make it match with your light setup.

Divide with:

- Higher number -> darker look
      - Lower -> lighter look

For the tweaking make the shadow receiver plane smaller so you will see it's borders better from any angles.
      AR plugin for UE4
      Red Alert 2 VR remake
      Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hi Adam...

I still having the problem with the camera (Webcam Init Error) When I packaged and install the apk in android devices, the strange thing is that I don't have the problem when I launch the project from the editor...

Tested in a Samsung Galaxy S6
        HeXentic Games
        Creative Director
        http://hexentic.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Taurustar View Post
          Hi Adam...

I still having the problem with the camera (Webcam Init Error) When I packaged and install the apk in android devices, the strange thing is that I don't have the problem when I launch the project from the editor...

Tested in a Samsung Galaxy S6
          Make sure to use v1.4 and package into apk and obb.

If still not working, can you please send me your ADB log?
          adb.exe logcat -s UE4 -s Debug
          AR plugin for UE4
          Red Alert 2 VR remake
          Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	1099916
            Click image for larger version

Name:	2.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	1099917

As you mentioned above, I have exposed all the variables to matinee. -> I get the same result for some reason.

Should I expose specific variables?

But I appreciate your comment.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamHorvath View Post
              Well I am not quite sure how you want to control 1 camera with 5 markers ... You will get different rotations / positions from each markers.
              Currently the primary marker is the one which actually controls the camera. It's been set automatically by the plugin, and it's usually the last detected marker.
              The plan is to ignore the rotation data from these markers. The marker positions would define multiple points on the ground plane and that can be used to compute the camera rotation.

Single marker camera control is problematic for me because there is no ideal place to put that lone marker. This won't tolerate any obstruction of the camera marker (by an asset marker, human limb, etc). Putting the marker in the center of the playfield is probably the riskiest place for it even if it results in the best camera transform data. Moving the marker to an extreme edge of the playfield (to create an unobstructed center area) can cause assets to appear to float or sink from the ground plane due to error that accumulates with distance.

Comment

IF you could give a quick example of the breakdown for the AR Fight Scene. I am looking to do something similar but a gun fight. I was just looking to see what general direction I should go in. Western Shoot out AR Scene. I'd love some input and help. I am new to AR so bare with me please.

Comment

I'm little confused, I deployed the app in iOS but the camera looks backwards... any hints about how to solve it? (i have the same configs as Android, even I'm using the same solution that you gave me for android about put my app as Landscape, but the camera looks upside-down)
                  HeXentic Games
                  Creative Director

Comment

I'm little confused, I deployed the app in iOS but the camera looks backwards... any hints about how to solve it? (i have the same configs as Android, even I'm using the same solution that you gave me for android about put my app as Landscape, but the camera looks upside-down)
                    Project Settings -> IOS -> Orientation -> Uncheck one of the settings (Support landscape left orientation or Support landscape right orientation)

One of them may work.
                    AR plugin for UE4
                    Red Alert 2 VR remake
                    Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hi, this looks amazing , is there any way to integrate 3d objects into landscapes? This is great for using simple marker based 3d objects into a camera environment for close up objects, but I wanted to add 3d models to landscapes and obviously, GPS location data would be more advantageous in this context. does anyone know of anything that can be used that is supported in the unreal engine? So basically Augmented reality with GPS location data. Is it possible?

Comment

Hi, I solved the orientation problem (When you are not in Shipping the correct is Landscape Right but when you check "Deploy for Shipment" the correct orientation is Landscape Left) but I have a bigger problem, the AR toolkit is not working on iOS (I tested in iPhone 5c and iPhone 6s Plus), I recompiled the project and followed your documentation step by step... Any hints about why it's not recognizing the NFT?
                        HeXentic Games
                        Creative Director

Comment

Hi, I solved the orientation problem (When you are not in Shipping the correct is Landscape Right but when you check "Deploy for Shipment" the correct orientation is Landscape Left) but I have a bigger problem, the AR toolkit is not working on iOS (I tested in iPhone 5c and iPhone 6s Plus), I recompiled the project and followed your documentation step by step... Any hints about why it's not recognizing the NFT?
                          NFT is working on IOS. Did you change the resolution of the camera ? Only 4:3 resolutions are working with the NFT. Try with the default CIF setting at first and then try to change it to higher resolutions.
                          AR plugin for UE4
                          Red Alert 2 VR remake
                          Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hi Adam, having some trouble launching the basic project from my iPad. I followed all the steps on the Unreal4AR documentation for creating a c++ project, copied everything over from the sample folder but it won't work. I haven't modified anything in the project at this point, it's all the default setup. Using 4.10. While building for the Launch i get this error - automation tool exitcode=5. Any ideas?

I have created 2 other projects (FPS and Empty) and I can Launch those to the iPad, it seems to be having trouble with the ARToolset though.
                            | QuinnVR | Portfolio | Twitter |

Comment

Originally posted by AdamHorvath View Post
                              NFT is working on IOS. Did you change the resolution of the camera ? Only 4:3 resolutions are working with the NFT. Try with the default CIF setting at first and then try to change it to higher resolutions.
                              No, even I tried with CIF, 480p, 720p and low and still doesn't work the NFT tracker...
                              HeXentic Games
                              Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_T View Post
                                Hi Adam, having some trouble launching the basic project from my iPad. I followed all the steps on the Unreal4AR documentation for creating a c++ project, copied everything over from the sample folder but it won't work. I haven't modified anything in the project at this point, it's all the default setup. Using 4.10. While building for the Launch i get this error - automation tool exitcode=5. Any ideas?

I have created 2 other projects (FPS and Empty) and I can Launch those to the iPad, it seems to be having trouble with the ARToolset though.
                                Hi Steve,

Can you please send me the full log to info@unreal4ar.com ?

Thanks,
                                Adam
                                AR plugin for UE4
                                Red Alert 2 VR remake
                                Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Working...
                                X