No announcement yet.

Augmented Reality for UE4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New version of the AR plugin is available to download!

AR Plugin V1.4

- UnpackData function added for Android builds (extracts data from obb to ue4game)
    - Updated IOS path handling (IPA, lauch on device, shipping builds)
    - IOS camera permission / first run fix
    - Removed FOV / marker position hack
    - Camera position/rotation can be aquired from markers, new camera position/rotation nodes
    - Updated motorbike demo (camera position / rotation is calculated based on the marker)

Get the plugin from the link below:
    http://www.unreal4ar.com
    AR plugin for UE4
    AR Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4
    Red Alert 2 VR remake
    Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hello! Can I change the way storage of markers ? for example on the desktop ?
      Last edited by Bairock; 01-20-2016, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bairock View Post
        Hello! Can I change the way storage of markers ? for example on the desktop ?
        You can't do that using the binary editor demo. Markers are stored in Content/ARToollkit/Data and Content/ARToollkit/DataNFT.
        If you have the source code version you can find the path in the source code (ARToolkitDevice.cpp - LoadMarkers function) and change it, but I would not recommend that.
        Last edited by AdamHorvath; 01-21-2016, 09:38 AM.
        AR plugin for UE4
        Red Alert 2 VR remake
        Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

With the upgrade now my app crashes at the begining... even I tried to go back to the previous version and it doesn't open first I had a problem with automation tool (I had to rebuild the whole project) and then now my app crashes... even it doesn't show the splash screen
          HeXentic Games
          Creative Director
          http://hexentic.com/

Comment

Hi Adam, I am just trying out your plugin for the first time. I am currently getting a crash on BeginPlay() (Windows 10, VS2015, UE 11.0 preview, Logitech C920 HD pro webcam). For some reason, it occurs on arVideoOpen. However, running ArToolkit's simpleTest.c sample with the same settings (-devNum=1 flipV) works fine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	crash.png
Views:	1
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	1099222

Am I missing something? Any possible leads? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by num3ric View Post
              Hi Adam, I am just trying out your plugin for the first time. I am currently getting a crash on BeginPlay() (Windows 10, VS2015, UE 11.0 preview, Logitech C920 HD pro webcam). For some reason, it occurs on arVideoOpen. However, running ArToolkit's simpleTest.c sample with the same settings (-devNum=1 flipV) works fine.

Am I missing something? Any possible leads? Thanks.
              Hi num3ric,

UE Version 4.11 is not yet supported, or tested.
              I'll install 4.11 preview 3 today and do the required changes to make the plugin work with it.
              Last edited by AdamHorvath; 01-25-2016, 08:55 AM.
              AR plugin for UE4
              Red Alert 2 VR remake
              Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Originally posted by Taurustar View Post
                With the upgrade now my app crashes at the begining... even I tried to go back to the previous version and it doesn't open first I had a problem with automation tool (I had to rebuild the whole project) and then now my app crashes... even it doesn't show the splash screen
                Are you also using 4.11 Preview ? On which mobile platform do you experience this problem ?
                AR plugin for UE4
                Red Alert 2 VR remake
                Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Originally posted by AdamHorvath View Post
                  Are you also using 4.11 Preview ? On which mobile platform do you experience this problem ?
                  nevermind I had to recompile the whole engine (for some reason the UnrealAutomationTool wasn't build, I was using the 4.10.2 source code) and it worked fine...

But I have other question, do you know how can I set the camera as portrait and not landscape?
                  Last edited by Taurustar; 01-25-2016, 12:33 PM.
                  HeXentic Games
                  Creative Director

Comment

Hi Adam. Many thanks for the V1.4 update with new camera nodes - still experimenting with getting this added to my project.

I'd like to make a feature request for support of 2D barcode markers. I'm hoping to use multiple markers at the same time and the efficiency of the simple matrix code type could be very useful.

David

Comment

Originally posted by AdamHorvath View Post
                      Hi num3ric,

UE Version 4.11 is not yet supported, or tested.
                      I'll install 4.11 preview 3 today and do the required changes to make the plugin work with it.
                      The error I was experiencing was due to the fact that the plugin DLLs weren't in my root project Binaries/ folder. I manually copied them over, and it now seemingly runs fine under 4.11. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by CornKrue
                        Hi Adam,

Great work with the plugin!

I`m using the commercial version of your tool and trying to add a movable character to the scene. But I`m facing the problem that my world`s y-axis seems to be linked to my virtual camera. So if I diagonally look at the scene with my device, my character falls over and slides down the floor. Can you tell me how to let the y-axis look straight to the top at all time, no matter of the device`s location and rotation?

Thanks a lot in advance!
                        Try to modify the motorbike demo from the latest 1.4 version. In that demo the marker modifies the position / rotation of the camera not the subject, so physics will work well.
                        AR plugin for UE4
                        Red Alert 2 VR remake
                        Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Originally posted by num3ric View Post
                          The error I was experiencing was due to the fact that the plugin DLLs weren't in my root project Binaries/ folder. I manually copied them over, and it now seemingly runs fine under 4.11. Thanks.
                          DLL loading system has changed in 4.11, that is why you are experiencing problem with the plugin. I'll wait until 4.11 final version, and will find out a solution. Until that you need to copy DLL-s manually.

In ARToolkit.Build.cs comment out or delete the line PublicDelayLoadDLLs.AddRange(....
                          (It will make the plugin work in the v4.11 editor)
                          AR plugin for UE4
                          Red Alert 2 VR remake
                          Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Hi Adam,

I want to purchase your plugin, but the payment can't get through.
                            I've tried PayPal too but not sure what's wrong. Can't login from the website but I could login from PayPal site.

Can you send me PayPal invoice for Personal License>?

Comment

Adam how can you set the actual camera in the ARToolkit Advanced Example as a Portrait in android? Actually the project it's set to Portrait but the camera displays in landscape:

Here is an image:

Attached Files
                              HeXentic Games
                              Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by shinichi88 View Post
                                Hi Adam,

I want to purchase your plugin, but the payment can't get through.
                                I've tried PayPal too but not sure what's wrong. Can't login from the website but I could login from PayPal site.

Can you send me PayPal invoice for Personal License>?
                                Hi,

I've just sent you a private message with details.

Thanks,
                                Adam
                                AR plugin for UE4
                                Red Alert 2 VR remake
                                Armed Island VR RTS

Comment

Working...
                                X