The Eden Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeRPG View Post
    I would pay decent money for a planet generator right now, just spent the last few months building a haggard workflow with World Machine that's just not worth continuing with, especially if Eden is scheduled sometime in the next 6 months. Any insight on a release date?
    ^ This ^ - Wondering if Bitcoin will be past 'one million' when Eden finally gets released? ‚Äč

Originally posted by ioFlow Studios View Post
    Ho ho ho everyone, merry christmas thank you star citizen for annoying me so badly with all your bugs that I got off my bum and got back into this.
    Seriously, how do you keep going with inter-year projects, when its easy to just give up.
    Overall good to see the planetary conquest continues. What SC bugs annoy you most?
    Last edited by UnrealEnterprise; 12-24-2020, 12:16 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What are the BEST Unreal Tutorials / Docs? There are none tbh... Here's why
    Instead its better to just take projects apart (see the free 'creators' listed here)

Comment

lol, "schedule"... heh heh heh.

I just keep chipping away cos it's interesting to work on.

When I need a break I just do something else for a month or two.

Re SC, atm it's not being able to retrieve vehicles or ships, specially if you done RENTED them.

Comment

That feeling when you just about pop an eyeball getting something going, but then once you get it going it's not as good as you thought it would be.

I mean, it looks pretty as a pic, but in 3d moving around it's way too noisy with all the routes turned on :\

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2020-12-28 180614.jpg Views:	0 Size:	523.9 KB ID:	1847062

Comment

Oops.

Think I accidentally did something clever.

I just maxed out the route thickness and turned down their opacity and emission...
          Last edited by ioFlow Studios; 12-28-2020, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Aaand here's a version that's all boxed up to run as an in game view of a star cluster...

Comment

Fire Truck.

There's a bug in the shader compilation that won't let me compile my cool nebula volume based materials in 4.26

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-12-29 150459.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	236.3 KB
ID:	1847295

Comment

I figured out how to remake my nebula materials using 3d textures instead of shader based noise:

As you can see in the video, I'm using Salmonick Ateliers work as a goal.

I think I got the same look and feel but I'm not Ryan Bruck clever enough to emulate that fine detail...

Comment

I figured out how to remake my nebula materials using 3d textures instead of shader based noise:

As you can see in the video, I'm using Salmonick Ateliers work as a goal.

I think I got the same look and feel but I'm not Ryan Bruck clever enough to emulate that fine detail...
                  Really glad to see this still going! And man, Salmonick had some nice visuals. Yours is really awesome as a work around. Definitely something I'd look into as an alternative to Ryan's raymarching.
                  Production Manager at Goodnight Games

Goodnight Games Social Media: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram |Youtube

Subscribe to Newsletter

Comment

Love the new volumetric clouds in 4.26 but it turns out they don't work in VR... so I had to spin up some of my own:

Name:	2021-01-25 163257 - Clouds.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	1856010

Name:	2021-01-25 164716 - Clouds.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	1856011

Name:	2021-01-25 164830 - Clouds.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	1856012

Comment

Done a little video... bit rough but you get the idea...

Comment

Done a little video... bit rough but you get the idea...
                        Getting closer to Monsieur Dupart every day....
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        What are the BEST Unreal Tutorials / Docs? There are none tbh... Here's why
                        Instead its better to just take projects apart (see the free 'creators' listed here)

Comment

I... don't know what that means XP

Comment

Got a Quest 2 for my birthday, so I've been slowly and painfully learning how to VR in UE4 for the last week.

Saw the trailer for "From Other Suns" and quite liked it but am interested in trying to get past the whole floating hands thing.

TL;DR Here is (a really rough recording of) Eden running in VR with an IK body and animated transitions to teleports:

Comment

Aight, bit stuck need help with navmesh stuff... couldn't find an appropriate sub form so I thought I'd be a cheeky busted and post it here (and it is tangled up with eden anyway).

So, basically, my character keeps randomly running the wrong way when I try to move him down a narrow navmesh path (skip to 1:30 in the video):

What's all that about?

Comment

Working...
                              X