The Eden Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, Im incredibly interested!

(as if I can get any more interested in what your doing haha)
    Production Manager at Goodnight Games

Goodnight Games Social Media: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram |Youtube

Subscribe to Newsletter

Comment

It's so easy to use it's fun just making random stuff...

Click image for larger version

Name:	180119_222700_nebula.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	1415524

Main problem is performance (of course).

Apparently volumetric fog doesn't do occlusion culling so it has to voxelize every box in your scene even if they're all behind you

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	180119_224700_nebula.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	1415536

Comment

Absolutely Stunning!

Subscribe to Newsletter

Comment

Wahoo, new video day:

This one is demonstrating in editor display of star system names (via a markov chain name generation algorithm)

Comment

Added in "galactic dust"... looks pretty good...

Click image for larger version  Name:	180205_222800_nebula.jpg Views:	1 Size:	109.5 KB ID:	1423619
              Click image for larger version  Name:	180205_222600_nebula.jpg Views:	1 Size:	116.8 KB ID:	1423620
              Click image for larger version  Name:	180205_222500_nebula.jpg Views:	1 Size:	86.2 KB ID:	1423621

Comment

Aight. Made a video to show off the pretty flying through galactic dust clouds (dark bits) stuff:

Comment

I have not looked at this thread in a while. Really cool stuff is still happening.

Comment

Originally posted by ioFlow Studios View Post
                    Aight. Made a video to show off the pretty flying through galactic dust clouds (dark bits) stuff:

Yeah. Im not jealous at all!

Subscribe to Newsletter

Comment

Heh heh, well I was thinking about bundling this all together with my planet stuff, but I'm starting to think I should look at releasing this as it's own product.

It's almost finished too, just have to clean the code up a wee bit, and add in random star system stats (i.e. how many planets, what size, what type etc).

Do you think this is the sort of thing that would make a good marketplace product? (assuming it was easy to use).

If so, how much do you think people would be happy to pay for it?

Comment

Heh heh, well I was thinking about bundling this all together with my planet stuff, but I'm starting to think I should look at releasing this as it's own product.

It's almost finished too, just have to clean the code up a wee bit, and add in random star system stats (i.e. how many planets, what size, what type etc).

Do you think this is the sort of thing that would make a good marketplace product? (assuming it was easy to use).

I would pay for it if it was on the marketplace -

As for how much I do not know - 40 dollars minimum I know that for sure.

Also got a bit of a question or a few -

With the random Star System data would it be possible to make it so that we can access the data (via BP or C++) to generate maps with that data via tags or other method?
                        Last edited by HeadClot; 02-08-2018, 10:50 PM.

Comment

For planet generator, I would pay anywhere between 50-100$ (assuming it will include source code).
                          For the galaxy generation can't say I personally don't see much use for me as of now (;.
                          https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

placed any more thought on setting this up on the market?

Comment

I am still chipping away on this, life (ok, fun music stuff) has just been getting in the way a bit this year.

I also managed to get myself tangled up a bit trying to do some new tricky stuff in the galaxy class, but I finally managed to separate that out of the way into it's own class tonight. So hopefully that will let me get some movement happening on this again now.

Comment

I am still chipping away on this, life (ok, fun music stuff) has just been getting in the way a bit this year.

I also managed to get myself tangled up a bit trying to do some new tricky stuff in the galaxy class, but I finally managed to separate that out of the way into it's own class tonight. So hopefully that will let me get some movement happening on this again now.
                                Glad to know its still going!

Subscribe to Newsletter

Comment

Working...
                                X