Star Wars Mania - Docking Bay 94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SCENE] Star Wars Mania - Docking Bay 94

So I am a HUGE Star Wars nerd like so many others, and I have wanted to do some Star Wars art for a long time, but just never seemed to find an appropriate time to dive into a Star Wars themed project. Well, with Force Awakens coming at the end of the year, and just general Star Wars Mania going on inside my head, I stopped playing Diablo 3 and World of Tanks on my lunch breaks and started doing something productive, i.e. started my first ever Star Wars project. So my goal is to build out the Mos Eisley Docking Bay 94, with the Falcon sitting in it and a small part of the surrounding city and make it all traversable with a 1st-person character.

I am doing this Pretty high resolution, on-screen poly counts will be right around 2 million give or take 100K or so. As long as I can keep the draw calls down, the poly counts don't worry me too much, especially since I will be running the scene on a Titan Black, or maybe a Titan / Titan Black SLI combo if I want higher frame rate. SO everything is coming along, slower than I would like since I only get lunch breaks during the week to work on it, but it is progressing non-the-less. I am just hoping that my attention span holds up long enough to finish it. I am trying to have this done by the end of the year when the movie comes out. I will continue to post as progress continues. So far I have the Falcon, docking bay and the dockinf bay props modeled, and have some simple geo for the hallways and airlock rooms to get from ground level, down to the docking bay roughed out. Nothing has textures yet ( except a simple tiling map for the ground ) its just color and lighting so far.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DB94_New_Layout_B001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	797.1 KB
ID:	1161152

Name:	DB94_New_Layout_B002.jpg
Size:	982.2 KB
ID:	1161153

Name:	DB94_New_Layout_B003.jpg
Size:	910.3 KB
ID:	1161154

Name:	DB94_New_Layout_B004.jpg
Size:	785.8 KB
ID:	1161155

Name:	DB94_New_Layout_B005.jpg
Size:	926.0 KB
ID:	1161156

Name:	nL9PnsA.jpg
Size:	970.9 KB
ID:	1161161

Name:	F9hQXwP.jpg
Size:	874.8 KB
ID:	1161162

Critiques are always welcome, thanks!
    Attached Files

the Falcon looks awesome! keep up the good work

Comment

Love the AO on the falcon. All pre-baked? What size map is that?
      Theia Interactive makes immersive VR experiences in collaboration with the world’s leading companies and creatives, leveraging this bleeding edge technology to pioneer the next generation of entertainment, storytelling, and customer engagement.

Comment

Excuse me while I try and pick my jaw up from the floor.....nope.... nope, it's not coming back up.
        This is saaaweeeeet. Are you going to do the interior of the Falcon as well? Would be great for a VR demo
        Developer of the party game "Metal Heads".
        www.metalheadsgame.com
        Follow on Twitter @MetalHeadsGame
        Follow on Facebook www.facebook.com/MetalHeadsGame.

Comment

Great modeling work! When can we expect some nice PBR on top of that?

It somehow reminded me of LEGOs style at the close-up bottom view shots. Awesome hehe
          Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-Source)

Comment

cool

Comment

That is actually stolen from the new battlefront 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Looman View Post
                Great modeling work! When can we expect some nice PBR on top of that?

It somehow reminded me of LEGOs style at the close-up bottom view shots. Awesome hehe
                The second screen did the same to me!
                Open for contracted work | C++/BP (incl. Multiplayer) | Tutoring | VR

My UE4 Blog/Page with Tutorials and more: Hit me for ALL the things!
                (Including 100+ Pages Multiplayer Network Compendium to get you started.)

Comment

Originally posted by StephaBon View Post
                  Love the AO on the falcon. All pre-baked? What size map is that?
                  Thanks man! Yea, its all just static lights. The main sun light is the only one that is set to stationary. The Falcon is broken u pinto 51 separate meshes, each mesh is using a 512 res light map.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanizitas View Post
                    That is actually stolen from the new battlefront 4.
                    I think it's more the other way around hahahaha :P
                    Developer of the party game "Metal Heads".
                    www.metalheadsgame.com
                    Follow on Twitter @MetalHeadsGame
                    Follow on Facebook www.facebook.com/MetalHeadsGame.

Comment

Pfft, what a hunk of junk!

Comment

Looks very good. Could be very well official footage.
                        [LEGENDS of EPICA][Twitter][FB][YT][Vimeo]

Comment

This is coming along very nicely, keep it up! =)

Simulacrum Game | Play The Alpha | Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

MosEisley progress continues

Hey everyone! So it has been a while since I have posted anything, but work has progressed. I've got a couple of friends of mine helping out on the project now also, so things "SHOULD" progress more quickly now. I have finished modeling out the docking bay and it's interior, all that is left is to build out a simple cockpit for the Falcon so you can see something through the cockpit glass. We are starting to get some of the city blocked out, and one of the guys working on this with me has started on the Cantina and he has a simple blockout version in so far. Next I will be starting on textures for the docking bay interior and the falcon while the others keep flushing out the city outside the docking bay.

Here are some videos showing our progress so far.

Part 1 ( surrounding city and Cantina blockouts ):

Part 2 ( the docking bay upper levels / storage room / control room / upper deck ):

Part 3 ( the docking bay lower levels / power room / observation lounge / ground level with the Falcon ):

And here are some still images for you all:

Last edited by Jay_Lew_45; 10-20-2015, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Very impressive - but all i keep thinking about is the Copyright monster

Comment

Working...
                              X